Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just downloaded sims 3 supernatural and game wont launch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just downloaded sims 3 supernatural and game wont launch? Empty Just downloaded sims 3 supernatural and game wont launch?

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 19:36

I have the bought version of Sims 3, late night and pets, and it always makes me use pets for the start up disk, i downloaded ambitions and generations from games 4 the world with no problems but when i downloaded supernatural i followed all of the instructions and now that it is installed it wont launch at all, ive uninstalled every thing now an re installed the Sims 3 with all the exp packs and its doing the same thing, i have a brand new windows 8 computer with lots of memory so no problem there, has this happened to anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Just downloaded sims 3 supernatural and game wont launch? Empty Re: Just downloaded sims 3 supernatural and game wont launch?

Post by invalidusername Thu 01 Nov 2012, 03:16

Well a couple of things. If you updated all the way, the fix will not work right now, because it's not ready for 1.42.

Also, I'm not sure how the Sims works on windows 8, to be honest. I know it had a lot of issues with the Windows 8 preview though, so you may have to run it in compatibility mode.

The using Pets as a start up game out of the original three is entirely normal, as that's the most recently released game that you had installed. All the other features of the expansions are there, they just are loaded in automatically.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top