Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 22:43

Hello! I have made a post here before about MY Sims 3 game problems but this time, I am trying to help my gf. She used the Sims 3 Base game disc to install Sims 3 then she decided to get the Supernatural Expansion after I told her about you guys. Well, she followed the https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
guide and when she installed the supernatural expansion she told me that it prompted during the installation for a new update and she applied it. Now that it's installed and cracked launcher opens, but when you hit play, launcher goes away and the game never loads. If I try to just open the game using TS3W.EXE it shows up on task manager in processes but it never opens...
Is she having this problem because she approved the EA update during the EP installation?

I would like to add that she is up to date with the newest patch 1.42 so what steps should we take? Maybe uninstall, then reinstall without letting ea update?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:30

Could you tell us what version you're seeing under the play button, then mouse over each of the icons on the bottom right and give the version number for each installed please.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED] Empty The sims 3 supernatural

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:52

i'm having the same problem with the supernatural expansion also the version of the game i have 15.0.135.019001

edit: also now with the install of the supernatural i cant even play the base game either and the base game version is 1.42.130.019001

Last edited by Akkasha on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 07:00; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Supernatural - Won't open game.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 05:13

the number under the play button is 15.0.135.019001
the sims 3 base game is 1.42.130.019001
the supernatural is 15.0.135.019001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 14:35

It sounds like either the manual patch wasn't done, or it didn't complete successfully. The game versions are correct, but the version under the play button should be 16.0.136

Try the manual patch again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:53

hexorcist wrote:but the version under the play button should be 16.0.136

Isn't that only when Seasons is the latest EP to have installed? I'm not sure it is and can't be bothered to open the launcher, since it takes forever, but the launcher version should be the same as the latest EP version so if 15 corresponds with Supernatural, this looks ok.

I do think it's a good idea to do steps 2-4 on this page (again), there's no need to uninstall and reinstall yet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:28

so if the version is the correct one do i still do the manual patch or no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:41

Lady ElDi wrote:

Isn't that only when Seasons is the latest EP to have installed? I'm not sure it is and can't be bothered to open the launcher, since it takes forever, but the launcher version should be the same as the latest EP version so if 15 corresponds with Supernatural, this looks ok.

Good catch. That's what I get for posting at 7:30 in the morning without caffeine lol Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Dec 2012, 13:24

Akkasha wrote:so if the version is the correct one do i still do the manual patch or no?

Hello,

Yes it can still help to do the manual patch, unless you just installed it. But from your opening post, it looks like the game was patched with the incremental patch. The superpatch (manual patch) can fix a number of errors since it has all of the updates. Don't forget to reapply the crack from the fix afterwards.

hexorcist wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:

Good catch. That's what I get for posting at 7:30 in the morning without caffeine lol Smile

LOL
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 04:46

thank you so much that worked and now im and enjoying my supernatural expansion Very Happy Very Happy santa rendeer happy holidays enjoy the family, friends, food, and fun Laughing

Lady ElDi wrote:
Hello,

Yes it can still help to do the manual patch, unless you just installed it. But from your opening post, it looks like the game was patched with the incremental patch. The superpatch (manual patch) can fix a number of errors since it has all of the updates. Don't forget to reapply the crack from the fix afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Dec 2012, 09:13

Hello,

That's good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top