Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED] Empty My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 08:59

I have searched this topic and can not find one that has not been 'solved' without answering my question - nor could I find another place to post this, so I do apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I have recently downloaded and installed the Showtime and Supernatural expansions as well as Master Suite and Outdoor Living stuff packs. After this I downloaded the ultimate fix as I had already installed to update 1.39 before downloading and installing these games. I was very excited to get the fixes and play my games (hoping that the fix would also fix the demand for the CD which I don't have a problem with for any of my other games)

My problem came when I was attempting to finish installing the fix only to find that my Windows XP (SP 3) does not have a The Sims 3 folder in my Program Files. None. I'm not entirely sure how this works - perhaps it is because I have downloaded and installed the games from Origin? One way or another, there is NO folder in which to put this information in! As a matter of fact, the only folders the file has are five folders - one for each of the newest games I downloaded and installed (all of my others are store or Origin bought ) and one called activation.

Help! How do I install the Ultimate fix? I tried to watch the video that's been lined to, but it's for a Windows 7 computer, which has different file allocations and different places things are stored. What do I do??

Edit: Looking at things more my Origin file DOES have the folder for The Sims 3/Games/Bin - should I be putting the files in there instead??

Back to top Go down

My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 09:04

Hello,

You can find it here: Program Files/Origin/The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 09:12

Cezra,

Ok, forgive me, I've never done any form of fixing/cracking before, I've never found a game quite so picky -laughs-

My computer adores making folders apparently. The one I had to put the fix in was Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. Hopefully this helps other people who have this problem.

Edit: Whoops! Missed a step. It seems to be working now, but I'll try it out and see if it behaves. I managed to find the answer myself 5 minutes after I posted this too. How embarrassing -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:51

Hello,

It's OK, we're here to help!
It's in the "Origin Games" folder when you download your game through Origin. We usually don't assume people got the base game via Origin.

Anyhow, please let us know the final result after playing for a while. Have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 09:08

So far it's working and I'm having a blast. I got so distracted by the game I forgot to say that the fix worked! Now there's a -NEW- problem I'm having though. After my sim has been around and about for a while, he can no longer sell at the Elixir consignment shop. I can talk to the lady at the desk, but the 'buy/sell/consign' box doesn't even pop up, there's a brief half second hiccup, and then he just goes back to standing there as if nothing happened. Any ideas? I'm looking in the forums right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 11 Oct 2012, 09:41

Do you use any mods or cc?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:19

As usual, putting it on a forum apparently helped me find the fix -laughs- I found another thread ( https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7493-supernatural-problems#54061 ) with the same problem and followed their advice but it did nothing whatsoever. However, I had a couple things already consigned and the value of one went wonky apparently so I canceled the consignments and I'm able to use the buy again perfectly just as soon as I canceled them. So I think if a consignment is there too long it gets 'stuck' I guess? One way or another, game runs beautifully and I figured out what was wrong. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:23

Hello,

Glad to hear you figured it out and that it's working for now!
Let's hope it stays like this. Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! My computer does not have a Programs/ElectronicArts/TheSims 3 folder. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top