Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS3 is suddenly choppy?!??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS3 is suddenly choppy?!?? Empty TS3 is suddenly choppy?!??

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2011, 03:17

I have downloaded all expansions (Ambitions, Fast Lane, World Adventures, HELS, Late Night, and Outdoor Living) from games4theworld and applied the fixes along with it all. I have had no troubles in playing the game until last night. I haven't played TS3 in awhile, but I put it on last night, and my sim is super choppy. Everything else in the game seems to be running pretty smooth BUT my sim. My sim seems to freeze every couple seconds. I took out all CC and that did not help. I am not sure what to do. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall, but if need be, I will do it. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

TS3 is suddenly choppy?!?? Empty Re: TS3 is suddenly choppy?!??

Post by Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 21:38

Hello,

First of all, please see if your PC can run the game with no problems: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Also, try to play the game on lowest settings and close all other running software (especially Bittorrent clients) on the background.

See if it makes any difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 02:43

Yes, my computer has the system requirements that this game needs. I ran the test from the link you posted and everything passed. I already have all setting on low, and all programs shut down. Like I said, everything else in the game, such as the musical notes from the stereo and water in a water fountain, run smoothly with no freezing or skipping. My sim seems to be the only thing pausing every couple seconds. What else can I try?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 27 May 2011, 17:48

Hello,

Well, the only thing I can recommend at this stage, is that you reinstall everything (clean installation), without ány mods / cc etc.

Firs backup your savegames and then uninstall the game and RESTART your PC. After that do as following (If you've already installed one of the games, just skip that step):

1. Install The Sims 3 base game.
2. Install Outdoor Living Stuff.*
3. Install Late Night.* (Ignore the Installation Guide which says you need to reinstall everything)
4. Install any other expansions you like. (For WA, just skip the "# Crack" folder)
5. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. Your game should be working fine now!

* = These expansions must be installed in order to make the game work.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 15:02

Okey dokey......so I did a complete clean installation. The problem seems to lie within my SAVED GAMES I backed up because when I ran the game with the CC......without including my saved games....it ran nice and smooth. BUT...the minute I added my saved games, it started with the whole choppy business again. AHH!!! Frustrating. Do you have any idea what could be causing this from my saved games? If not, I'll have to just start from scratch.....*UGH*

OH...and I wanted to thank you for some awesome torrents! I had absolutely no problems with any of them. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 28 May 2011, 20:14

Hello,

Well, I think the save file is messed up because of the Custom Content you used earlier. I cannot help you with CC problems, since I don't know anything about them, sorry.

You're welcome. I hope you also enjoy our other downloads! Please let me know if you have any more problems.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top