Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashes! Empty Sims 3 Crashes!

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 21:11

Hello,
Please help me if you can... I've spent some time trying to fix my game, but nothing i do (the 7 6 fixes, the crack, DEP inclusion of TS3 and TS3W, running CClean and UltraDefrag, enabling DEP ONLY for essential windows programs and services...) resolves it...
At first it wouldn't load. I figured it was because of awesomemod again, so removed it. THAT worked. however. whenever i launched the game from then on, as soon as it appeared the screen to select a save, it would say i needed an updated awesomemod... then quit. it wouldn't even let me create a new save!

so then i saw there was an update and went for it. but now, as soon as it starts loading, the music stops and the game itself stops working, saying: "Sims 3 has stopped working, Windows can check online for a solution to the problem. Check online for a solution and close the program, Close the program"
Upon clicking View problem details, this is what appears:

Spoiler:

And so, without much success in my quest to run my first set of challenges in the sims 3, I've finally come to the conclusion that, even tho' most people's fixes work, it does not seem to apply to this issue... and decided to enlist for capable aid in fear that i might damage anything further.

Please note, i have every expansion pack up to Showtime. I'm also running on windows 7 ultimate.
Any help/further suggestions would be more than welcomed!

In advance, with great hope that you guys will be able to help me, thank you very much!
~eksy

PS: as i wrote this, i found a post by someone who added all of their EXE files to the DEP list. however, considering DEP is... technically switched off, i figured it wouldn't change anything to add them to the list. should i turn DEP back on? is it NEEDED or can i keep it to essential windows programs and services only?

Last edited by eksynn on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 21:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed some spelling errors...)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes! Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes!

Post by Admin Sun 21 Oct 2012, 22:18

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:26

but i did... the only things i ignored were the striked text, which i assumed SHOULD be skipped to begin with..
the 7 6 fixes <--

edit: i'm gonna try re-enabling exceptions for exe files on that DE(R)P list... just to make sure i didnt miss anything, removing everything and adding again.

edit 2: tried re-editing the DErP list... result: song lasts one whole second longer before proceeding as normal (as in, crashing)

all other items in that 6-item list checks out...

1. removing all mods allows the game to load, but "awesomemod" forces the game to close, saying i need an updated version. the latest version for awesomemod is 1.36, while this version is 1.39.3...
- deleting "the sims 3" from my documents had no alternative effect.

2. added every EXE file to the DEP (aka, DERP) list. no varied effect. exception: Sims3LauncherW.exe was not allowed in the exception list, stating that DEP MUST be turned on for it.

3. assigned 4gb of memory to the game using 4gb_patch... no varied effect.

4. unsurprisingly, no varied result.

5. skipped. the entire item is stroked out.

6. unable to, as the game crashes as it loads or soon after (without mods). regardless, it already matches everything.

7. assigned. no visible, nor noticeable varied effect.

Last edited by eksynn on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:53; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : update 3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:58

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top