Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 03:03

All games are G4TW. I have been installing all and not applying cracks, as I will be using the Ultimate Fix. I did the manual patch.

Upon opening the setup file, I am told that it detects that The Sims 3 is corrupt or installed improperly.

Is there something I am missing? Can't get anything newer than Late Night installed.

Back to top Go down

Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 05:00

Hmm, try to uninstall the base, reboot, and re-install it, and update to the latest version, might have to apply most of the Ultimate Fix first tho.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install newer than Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 05:28

Should I use the manual patch?

Edit: Also, is there the possibility of an issue being caused by my installing it to a custom path?

Edit2: Just uninstalled via Revo. Rebooted. Installed. Cracked. Opened launcher. Said it was up-to-date, but it was not. Updating with manual patch right now.

Edit3: I think I know what happened. My EADM was not up-to-date when I went to update via the launcher before I went to install OLS. Let's see if it works...

Edit4: Went to install OLS, it warned that I will have to update OLS in order to play, as the base game is more recent. So far, so good. Smile

Last edited by uRabbit on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 05:55; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 05:51

As long as you kept them in separate folders, I have all mine in F:\The Sims 3 then \Base Game, and each \Expansion's name still in the F:\The Sims 3.

If you combined all the folders, you'll run into issues when the game is using the wrong files for a expansion or base or vice versa.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 05:56

t2sink wrote:As long as you kept them in separate folders, I have all mine in F:\The Sims 3 then \Base Game, and each \Expansion's name still in the F:\The Sims 3.

If you combined all the folders, you'll run into issues when the game is using the wrong files for a expansion or base or vice versa.

Yep! I made sure of that!

Should I install the latest patch? I don't see anything on G4TW saying not to.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 06:00

Just re-read the post, and noticed you edited. Razz

Yeah, normally recommend to do the latest patch, just to get your game up to date, so you don't have to mess with updating several times when updating a expansion.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:42

Alright! Got them *all* installed and cracked. Finished Ultimate Fix. Upon opening the launcher, it tells me of a Store Content Patch. Should I install it?

Phew! Glad that is over with. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:57

The Store Content Patches are safe to install, so yeah install it.

Glad to hear it, let us know if you have any more problems.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:59

Hello,

For future reference, everything you need to know can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
If you follow those instructions carefully, you'll automatically have the latest version of the game.

Glad to hear it works now, though.
As T2sink said: anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 19:18

Admin wrote:Hello,

For future reference, everything you need to know can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
If you follow those instructions carefully, you'll automatically have the latest version of the game.

Was following that. Should I have installed one of the expansions from step 1 before anything else to avoid issues? I thought it just meant to install one of them, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 19:30

uRabbit wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello,

Was following that. Should I have installed one of the expansions from step 1 before anything else to avoid issues? I thought it just meant to install one of them, period.
Hello there,

I linked to that page, since you asked this:
uRabbit wrote:Should I install the latest patch? I don't see anything on G4TW saying not to.

As for step 1: yes, you need (at least) 1 expansion described in step 1, otherwise the game won't work.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 04:59

Alright... So. My wife was playing just fine today, and then I try to play, and this happens:

Upon opening the launcher:
Error
There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details.

Upon opening the application:
Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

EDIT: Uninstalled base game. Removed registry items via Revo. Restarted computer. Reinstalled The Sims 3. Updated w/ manual patch to 1.39. Copied/Pasted Ultimate Fix files from Base Game folder to Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\.

Still same issues. I have not uninstalled anything else.

EDIT2: I have tried uninstalling Origin, but when I opened the uninstaller, it mentioned there was an instance of it running already, then closed. Now it cannot be found anywhere. Ran CCleaner and fixed registry issues (none of which were related to TS3 or Origin), and restarted.

No go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:08

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:15

Tried that. Doesn't help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:53

Hello,

Still all games from Games4theworld? (Not "Complete" packages or something)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:18

Yep. All are fro, G4TW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:19

Hello,

Are you 100% you did this correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix ?
I helped someone a few days ago who was looking in a Registry path with "Electronic Arts" it. That's incorrect, you should look in the \sims\ folder. (See video for more information!)
So please re-check that.

If you're sure you already did that, please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 21:57

Hello,

I'll close this topic them.
Please keep all your problems regarding the same game in one topic. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top