Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retail game question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retail game question Empty Retail game question

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 17:07

If i bought the retail base game as well as ambitions, do i still have to put the contents of their folder in the ultimate fix inside their game bin?

Back to top Go down

Retail game question Empty Re: Retail game question

Post by t2sink Thu 01 Nov 2012, 17:51

Make sure you read all the directions on The Ultimate Fix #Installation Guide, since it would have answered your question.

You can find a link to the Ultimate Fix in here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

#Installation Guide wrote:
NOTE: Even if you have a retail version of one or more of the expansions / base game, you still have to apply the crack.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 16:10

I would like an answer to this same exact question, as ALL of my EP's are retail version, exept WA. Unfortunately, the note from the ultimate fix does not answer this quetion. On the ultimate fix, it is stated clearly that the files in the individual EP folders are NOT cracks, but are only the files needed to allow you to update without error (which is not an issue with retail purchased games). It states clearly that the only CRACK is the final step of the ultimate fix.

So according to the note above, those of us with some retail EP's need to apply the CRACK (as in the last step).

But what the OP and I are wanting a bit more clarification on is whether or not we need to put the individual EP files into our retail EP's, or into ONLY our downloaded/torrented EP's. We understand that we DO need to apply the crack at the end.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to find an answer on the forums all night now to no avail. I got 360 search results, 99% of which had nothing to do with this topic that i searched for.

Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:07

totsandtrinkets wrote:I would like an answer to this same exact question, as ALL of my EP's are retail version, exept WA. Unfortunately, the note from the ultimate fix does not answer this quetion. On the ultimate fix, it is stated clearly that the files in the individual EP folders are NOT cracks, but are only the files needed to allow you to update without error (which is not an issue with retail purchased games). It states clearly that the only CRACK is the final step of the ultimate fix.

So according to the note above, those of us with some retail EP's need to apply the CRACK (as in the last step).

But what the OP and I are wanting a bit more clarification on is whether or not we need to put the individual EP files into our retail EP's, or into ONLY our downloaded/torrented EP's. We understand that we DO need to apply the crack at the end.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to find an answer on the forums all night now to no avail. I got 360 search results, 99% of which had nothing to do with this topic that i searched for.

Thanks!!!
Hello,

You mean the folders that come with the Fix?
You do not need to use any of those, as long as you follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

(So only put the final crack in your The Sims 3 base game folder)

Hope that clears up! If not, please open your own topic.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male