Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED] Empty Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 18:55

Hi there! My game is updated to the latest version, and I just made sure I had the newest store fix downloaded, and have tracked down this file (ccmerged.package) in my Mods folder as the problem, but am not sure what to do about it. When this file is in place, my sims are having trouble interacting with others. Whenever I tell them to interact with another Sim, the interaction box will show up under the Sim they are trying to interact with and themselves (as normal), but it will show up more than once and they won't do anything, almost like there is a routing problem. I followed the installation instructions pretty closely as I download the store items in the Sim pack format. If I remove the file, will none of the Store content work? Or shall I just wait for a new update? Thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:02

So you removed it and you have confirmed that the Sims do interact correctly without it in the folder?

I think ccmerged.package only matters for .package files you manually put in, so .sims3packs and stuff that you install should be fine.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with the ccmerged.package file for the newest store fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:06

Yes, I removed it and they work fine without it. I know in the instructions it says something about if you install the store content via .sims3packs that you need to put this file in the packages folder (unless I read it wrong), so that's the only reason I was concerned that if I removed it then the content would just vanish or something =P

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:23

Store Fix Guide wrote:
=> If you’re using .Sims3Pack files:

1. Place "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and
"StoreFix_UnAwesome.package" in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

Okay, Yeah, I'm not sure will have to wait for a Mod to give their feedback.

But I don't think anything will be harmed by leaving it out until a Mod replies and gives some feedback on what to do.

Or re-download the Store Fixes, and check that ccmerged.package to see if it has issues also.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 22:54

Yeah I tried re downloading earlier and it didn't change anything. I'm going to take it out and see if it affects anything in the game, but hopefully it will work! Thanks for your reply! Wink

//EDIT

Hmm, after looking at it again, it seems that that file actually isn't
the problem. I still have yet to figure it out, it might take a while!
=[

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:21

Hello,

Do you have any other mods?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:30

Yes, I figured out it was a different mod, thank you =]

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:26

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top