Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 23:25

SO, I have a major problem with The Sims 3 since the 1.42 patch . It has worked perfectly fine until now, and it's driving me crazy. I can't find any solution or even someone with the same problem, so I'm asking you for help.

For me, everything looks crazy. The game starts up like i should, but when I'm gonna choose world there's a bunch of world I don't even have (worlds from EA Store) and there's no text at the buttons (just empty). When I then choose a world and tries to load it, it shuts down to desktop and says sims3 stopped working.

The loading screen also looks off.
My game's in swedish. I've tried to reinstall all the sims, i also downloaded The sims 3 Seasons (reloaded) but the problem remains.

What should I do?

//EDIT

https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/92/74/55/worlds10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/92/74/55/weird10.jpg

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:38

//MOVED
Hello there,

Sorry it took so long to reply!
Try this, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 22:12

I've tried that. Also tried to reinstall everything again in english. Just did worse to it. I then tried to install just the base game + the sims 3 seasons on my bfs computer and it worked just fine! So it feels like it's my computer that is the problem... Weird though, cause I've never had a single problem before and I'm using all the downloads I used from 2009 and further. Everything just went down hill since the 1.42 patch Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 22:33

Hello,

So your game is in English now?
Did you use the manual patch provided here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 00:12

Yes, that's the one I've been using. Still looks weird, and I mean I didnt have to go through that at my boyfriends computer? Using the same iso-files and installing progress?

//EDIT

I just begin thinking it's my computer with its stupid windows vista. its from 2008 so yeah.. But then again, havent been any problem until now and I've never seen anything like this.

//EDIT

Okay, so this is crazy. I uninstalled everything again but this time I uninstalled EVERYTHING whatsoever by EA Games. Updated my vista as ****. And now I just installed the base game and seasons. IT WORKED. But now I'm worried about installing my other games... That one of them is going to **** it all up. But yeah, i'm happy

Mod edit: Please edit your post rather than replying to yourself, thank you.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:10

Hello,

It may seem crazy, but sometimes it has been known to help.
I wouldn't worry too much about adding EP's, as long as you stick to these instructions, nothing can go wrong.
If your pc can't handle more ep's, you'll notice immediately. My pc is low end and I had to uninstall all SP's and 2 EP's to run Supernatural and Seasons.The game would start fine, but be tremendously laggy. Though, if you're not using any heavy duty mods you should be able to use more EP/SP's. I uninstalled some of them because I wanted to keep my mods, but I was playing a complete game until Showtime was released, on a seriously low-end pc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 13:29

I installed all the other EPs and SPs and it still worked! and it wasnt laggy at all. Felt like it worked better now than before, for some reasons.
So what I needed to do was to erase every trace of Ea Games and Maxis whatsoever, and go through the register and delete there too. I updated my Vista and graphic card, and then installed Base game and Seasons and THEN installed all my other EPs and SPs. I used the crack from games4theworld's fix and voila, it FINALLY works! (after 6 painfull reinstalls...)

Never been so happy! hahaha Very Happy Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:59

Hello,

Glad to hear it works fine now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance, ever! The sims 3 looks really weird after update 1.42 and stopped working. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top