Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] Empty Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 06:08

Hey guys,

Having issues over here. I have tried downloading lucky palms more than three times now. Each time after deleting I have emptied my world cache and tried to reinstall. Now it is showing as an object in the downloads tab on the installer. The "status" of the download is showing a transparent looking sim bag. I'll attach a picture. All the items in "installed content" seem to be there. I just can't get the world to show up in game in the drop down menu. I have tried everything! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded directly from the g4w media fire and extracted the files and then tried to download using the installer. I'm out of options Sad

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] Screen11

Back to top Go down

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] Empty Re: Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 07:38

Heya,

I posted this in your other thread before, so I don't know if you got a chance to see:

"There's a thread about clearing the caches correctly here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5571-i-can-t-install-lucky-palmssolved

Maybe there's something in there that you can try?"

Back to top Go down

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] Empty Re: Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 07:55

Thanks for the response! I tried that and it keeps installing with that weird transparent looking status symbol. Are they usually transparent? I just tried installing another world from the sims 3 store and the same thing is happening with that one. It's the transparent icon under downloads. I don't know what I'm doing wrong..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:13

Heya Madison,
The transparency is how it's supposed to look when you've installed the content. I took a picture of mine so you could see for yourself:
Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] ScreenShot2012-11-17at20945AM

Have you tried playing the game after clearing the caches exactly how it was instructed in the thread above?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:13

No I have not. Let me check it really quickly!

//EDIT

Good to know that it is supposed to be transparent! Makes me feel a lot better.

Dangit. It's still showing no new worlds... Sad Man.. I really don't know what to do..

Lucky Palms missing from game! *pictures included* [SOLVED] Screen13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:20

Have you tried to apply the store fixes?

(http://www.mediafire.com/?lcyqm1m9y19j1al)

Might as well throw in Ultimate Fix also
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Last edited by antiskub on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:22; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:22

No I also have not! I'll install it and get right on it. Where do I put the file when it is finished downloading?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:25

You can save the file wherever you'd like (usually goes in Downloads right?)

After you unzip it, there'll be instructions inside that you can follow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:28

Found it and applied the instructions. Should I uninstall Sunlit tides now and try again to see if it works?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:29

Go in and see if it works. If not, reinstall and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:31

Ok! Give me just a second.

//EDIT

Still no luck. I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that does the trick.

Admin edit: Please "Edit" your message, instead of double-posting; this is not a chatbox. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:37

Okay. I have to go to bed now but, if reinstalling doesn't work, you can try:

1. Download the world again and install
2. Do the Ultimate Fix if you haven't
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Good luck!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 08:42

Thanks so much! If not, I'm sure someone may help while you are sleeping!!!

//EDIT

I'm afraid that's not helping me, either.. Man... If anyone else has any
suggestions PLEASE let me know. I'm so bored of playing Sunset Valley!

Admin edit: Please "Edit" your message, instead of double-posting; this is not a chatbox. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 17 Nov 2012, 20:23

Since this is the topic of yours with the most replies.

Please keep your problems in one open topic, so we can see what problems you are having more easily, since they seem to all relate to the same problem.

Please don't reply in the other topics, or make more topics.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8388-sims-3-launcher-icon-looks-transparent
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8324-lucky-palms-is-downloading-perfectly-fine-but-missing-from-game

Edit:

What one of the Lucky Palms did you download the Standard or Gold?

Also have you tried this? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 02:43

I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game and I am happy to report that the neighborhood is working beautifully! YAY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 04:40

Sweet! Happy simming Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top