Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu Empty sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:46

hi.

i've all the sims 3 expantion packs and all the stuff packs. the sims 3 always worked perfectly on my pc, but when i installed seasons it started saying that my video card ( ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 ) isn't on their supported video cards' list, what never happened to me.

then i started a new game in Moonlight Falls and the neighborhood was all black. i entered the CAS and there everything was normal.

i decided to read the READ-ME! file and i found: "when you change the view mode, in some situations the screen might not answer to a resolution it says that supports, showing a black screen. if this happens change the game to windowed mode and, after that, change the resolution and actualization speed to minor values" (it was in portugese, so i translated the best i could)

i tried doing that, but always that i made a change in the options menu and pressed ok it changed back to how it was before. so i couldn't even change to windowed mode. (the grafics resolution, the sims resolution, the mirrors' reflections, and all that were in the lowest resolution possible, just as the sound, the seasons were all disabled, the lunar cycle too, the sims and the pets free will too and i couldn't change anything because it changed back to the lowest).

after that i uninstalled the sims seasons and instaled again.

after that i was able to change to windowed mode, but when i try to make another changes the game freezes. (yes the neighborhood's still black and the resolutions are still in the lowets configurations) sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu 2830496658

by the way i have the ultimate fixes instaled and all that... and the game was downloaded

(sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu 1577371209)

EDIT:

after the loading screen:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/17/94/60/03/sem_ta10.jpg

the neighborhood:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/17/94/60/03/sem_ta11.jpg

Last edited by Jessy0222 on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 21:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu Empty Re: sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 16:58

Try updating your drivers for your computer they may be a bit too old to process graphics from Seasons.

Also try to change your screen resolution to something a bit smaller then your native resolution and see if you still get that black world thingy.

Back to top Go down

sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu Empty Re: sims 3 seasons problem with the options menu

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 20:05

i already did that, but it's still back T.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 22:00

//MOVED
Hello,

Try backing up and removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 23:40

the only thing that happened was that my saved games weren't there. the neighborhood's still black and the options menu's not obeying to me again

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Nov 2012, 09:57

Hello,

Are you certain your graphics drivers are up to date? How did you check to make sure?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 16:19

i downloaded Catalyst Software Suite from ADM's web site and instaled it. i don't know if that did something... scratch

still, i've been researching and i found a list and it says that my video card is one of the video cards that meets the sims 3 seasons minimum system requirements... so, i don't know why this is happening T.T

(as i can't post links yet, i can't be more especific)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 18:17

Jessy0222 wrote:the neighborhood's still black (...)
Hi there,

So, your neighbourhood is still blac...- Oh! Not in that way, my bad.

Jessy0222 wrote:i downloaded Catalyst Software Suite from ADM's web site and instaled it. i don't know if that did something... scratch

still, i've been researching and i found a list and it says that my video card is one of the video cards that meets the sims 3 seasons minimum system requirements... so, i don't know why this is happening T.T

(as i can't post links yet, i can't be more especific)
Did you let the Suite look for updates?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 20:23

i don't know how to make it look for updates... maybe it already looked for them but i'm not sure scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:51

Hello,

If you wanted to find out if you need a driver for your graphicscard, the first thing to do is find out it's make and model and go to the manufacturers' website. They'll have a "downloads" or "drivers" page where you can find it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 21:51

i'm not finding it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 22:36

Hi Jessy0222,

if you can't find your driver, click Run (windows+r) and then type dxdiag, follow the prompts and you'll get a screen telling you your drivers.

Try using this also: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

Please reply back,

Thanks,

Star유성

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 21:27

ok... i've installed the drivers, but nothing changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:58

Hello,

When you installed the drivers, did you do a custom, clean install?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 23:46

i tryed a custom install and, because it didn't work, i tryed the other one (can't remember what's the english word for it)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:15

Hello,

Please check back for Admin's reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top