Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting in Options Menu won't save.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setting in Options Menu won't save. Empty Setting in Options Menu won't save.

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 23:31

Hi there and thank you for everything you've done to help me already!

I have one problem... When I try to save my settings in the options menu (such as unchecking the 'enable story progression' option or increasing/decreasing a life span), the settings won't save for the next time I play. Every time I play, I have to set these settings again. How can I make sure these settings save on their own without having to constantly save them every time I play?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Setting in Options Menu won't save. Empty Re: Setting in Options Menu won't save.

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 05:59

First thing I'd do is make sure the Options.ini file isn't read only - you can find it in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder; right click on it, click on Properties then look at the "Attributes" at the bottom of the dialog that pops up.

If it's not read only, then I would manually edit that file and make the changes I want -- but that's me.

Back to top Go down

Setting in Options Menu won't save. Empty Re: Setting in Options Menu won't save.

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:38

Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:55

dsffernandes wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?
Hello,

Normally you should open a new topic for that problem, but I'll make an exception here:

Try to go into your game again and set all the options you like. After you exit the game, go to the properties of the "options.ini" file and MARK the box as "read-only". Now re-boot your computer and then start the game again. See if that helps.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:56

Carlos G. wrote:
dsffernandes wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?
Hello,

Normally you should open a new topic for that problem, but I'll make an exception here:

Try to go into your game again and set all the options you like. After you exit the game, go to the properties of the "options.ini" file and MARK the box as "read-only". Now re-boot your computer and then start the game again. See if that helps.

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't open a new topic because it said that I didn't have the rights for that.

I tried to do what you told me but it didn't solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Aug 2013, 00:01

dsffernandes wrote: Thank you for your reply.

I didn't open a new topic because it said that I didn't have the rights for that.

I tried to do what you told me but it didn't solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do?
Hello,

Sorry to hear that. But after exiting the game you actually marked the box where it says "read-only" ? So that you could see a check mark on that box ?

I will try to think about that problem, but right now, I have no idea.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top