Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED] Empty Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 22:16

Hello :newfag:
i have been reading a lot of threads here on similar topics and im very confused with a lot of this so ill try and explain it basically, i borrowed sims 3 & generations off of a friend and installed them onto my macbook, i know i can't play without the disk so i wanted to torrent an expansion pack. i torrented late night and updated the sims 3 base game (apparently its now version 8.0.152.019001 OR 1.42), i did everything right in terms of installing late night the way for macs (disk utility etc.) installed late night, updated it, applied the crack and it keeps opening up generations instead of late night every time i click late night, really not sure what or if i've done wrong, help please?
thanks

Last edited by xogang on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 02:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 23:36

So you have base game, late night and generations only. Right?

Back to top Go down

Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Having problems with downloading expansion packs with the real base game!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 23:45

TCPCohen wrote:So you have base game, late night and generations only. Right?
thanks for replying! well i uninstalled late night after it was giving me trouble but i have the real base game & generations (not cracked) but dont have the cd's for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 00:00

TCPCohen wrote:You're welcome!

Did you download the Ultimate Fix? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch
i downloaded a file called the sims 3 rar mac fix, which was in the ultimate fix thread i think & i haven't downloaded this patch, downloading right now, what exactly do i do with this patch when its done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 00:07

Where did you download Late Night from, by the way?

You have to update the base game, which should be in Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3. When it's done, you have to open the "# Crack" folder included in the Ultimate Fix folder and those two files, you have to open the "Base Game" folder in the .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications/The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/
That's it. The installation guide is inside the .rar

Hope this helps you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 00:16

TCPCohen wrote:Where did you download Late Night from, by the way?

You have to update the base game, which should be in Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3. When it's done, you have to open the "# Crack" folder included in the Ultimate Fix folder and those two files, you have to open the "Base Game" folder in the .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications/The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/
That's it. The installation guide is inside the .rar

Hope this helps you.
from the games4theworld site
thanks will try this now and tell you if it works or not, also ill make a copy of the official files from the base game, do i install late night after normally replacing the 2 files from the fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 00:18

You have to install Late Night first and then apply the patch. After that, put the crack into the folder I told you.

If you already have saved games, back them up as well, ok?
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 00:28

TCPCohen wrote:You have to install Late Night first and then apply the patch. After that, put the crack into the folder I told you.

If you already have saved games, back them up as well, ok?
Good luck!
thanks! sorry to bother again lol, where do i find the saved games?

EDIT
i done everything you said and now a popup error displays when i launch the game
it says
exception raised
unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000. do you wish to debug it?
yes or no
i clicked yes & no and both times it just doesn't load up
i did everything right, downloaded the late night and updated it through ea, put the patch onto the base game
replaced the 2 files in the base game & late night (wasn't sure if i was mean't to do it in generations) and it still hasn't worked
really confused

EDIT 2
I think it worked, i tried doing it a different way, downloaded late night and updated it
added the #crack to just the main game and it loads but generations come up first
i remember reading that it loads up as generations but im actually playing late night with it too?
not sure

Last edited by xogang on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 16:02; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Something happened)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Nov 2012, 21:32

xogang wrote:
I think it worked, i tried doing it a different way, downloaded late night and updated it
added the #crack to just the main game and it loads but generations come up first
i remember reading that it loads up as generations but im actually playing late night with it too?
not sure

Hello,

Yes, that's right. If you install an EP/SP it's features are integrated into your existing game. It shows the Generations loadingscreen because that's the newest pack you installed. But that's all there is to it. If you installed Seasons (for example) you'd be looking at the Seasons loadingscreen, but you're loading the same game. All your EP's features are present in the same game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 00:34

Lady ElDi wrote:
xogang wrote:
not sure

Hello,

Yes, that's right. If you install an EP/SP it's features are integrated into your existing game. It shows the Generations loadingscreen because that's the newest pack you installed. But that's all there is to it. If you installed Seasons (for example) you'd be looking at the Seasons loadingscreen, but you're loading the same game. All your EP's features are present in the same game.
thanks for replying! yes i just noticed this! i saw that bridge port was there and started a game in late night! very happy, thanks for clearing this up! also big thanks to TCPCohen! just wanted to know, if i wanted to download showtime, what would i have to do?

// EDIT
no worries! i downloaded showtime easily lol, didn't put any cracks in any folders and it worked, really not sure how but im glad! thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 09:05

I'm sorry I couldn't answer before. I'm glad it worked!

Happy Simming! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:58

TCPCohen wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't answer before. I'm glad it worked!

Happy Simming! Very Happy
no problem! thanks a lot!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Nov 2012, 12:20

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)