Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Seasons Crash While Saving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Seasons Crash While Saving Empty Sims 3 Seasons Crash While Saving

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 01:58

I've been having a lot of trouble after installing Seasons and I have to add, I have a brand new laptop which I made sure would run the Sims 3 well- I got it the day before Seasons was released. The game runs really quite smoothly as far as graphics and general game play goes, but there have been a few issues, the major one being that it crashes to the desktop when saving right after I've built or done something in build mode. I've tried save as and running the game without any mods. I've tried the ultimate fix (which, might I add, has always been incredible at solving problems in the past!) and a few other things that haven't worked. I'm really irritated because all I want to do is build my sim a nice new house...

The second problem I'm having that I think is to do with the crashing, is that when I'm in build or buy mode it can be really sluggish while gameplay is not. It seems to be mostly when I'm zooming, scrolling and rotating the camera. It can get so slow at times that it's almost unplayable, but when I go to wall building it's fine... Maybe it's a separate issue, I'm not sure, but it never happened before.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons Crash While Saving Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons Crash While Saving

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 02:42

I am having this problem also, and I didn't realize that it was always after building that this happened until you said something.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Nov 2012, 11:22

Hello,

There are some issues with Seasons that probably need to be patched.
You may want to look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 14:46

Nope, I'm afraid none of this works for me and has had no effect on either of the problems. I have a horrible feeling that it's just Seasons which is seemingly in desperate need of a patch. =/

EDIT-

The only thing that seems to have worked for me now is moving my sims onto a different lot- it's not ideal really as it was a legacy family, but it's better than starting over. However the second issue I have is still present and is really difficult to work with. It's like zooming, scrolling and rotating in slow motion such as when I'm trying to place windows or doors- or when I'm not trying to place anything and I'm just in that section.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Nov 2012, 21:01

Hello,

Do you use mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 01:27

Yes I do, though I have tried running the game without both and unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference. =(

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:07

Hello,

I'm starting to think that this is the type of thing that requires a new patch. You seem to have tried everything so far.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 19:59

I too am having this issue and iv also tried everyhing, remving custom content, reinstalling sims, putting exe files on DEP.. and even running Delphys dashboard, gamebooster.. i dnt know wat to do anymore. this only began happening after i installed seasons and supernatural. and i really dnt want to play without them as iv been waiting for their release. whether or not i save tho the game sometimes crashes on its own. Sometimes after about 5 mins and other times after 30 mins.. Help Please!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 04:53

I have the exact same problem. I've rebuilt the same house several times, and managed to narrow it down to the walls. I can do foundations, floors, decks, etc, and have saved after each step with no problem. But once i put up walls, it crashes every time. I've tried various different fixes (including but not limited to everything suggested in this thread), but no dice.

What's weird is that my husband has the exact same computer as I do, exact same settings, and has no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 09:00

There are two build modes in the game. I've found that I only get this error (when I have this error, which is pretty rare these days) when using the build mode from the "Live Mode". Try switching over to the Town Editor and using the Build Mode within it - I haven't had any issues going that route.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:26

Hello,

That's what I've read as well, going through numerous posts. I haven't had my game crash at all and all I do at the moment is build, from edit town mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)