Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] Empty Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 03:30

I downloaded Sunlit Tides Deluxe Edition from the games4theworld's Mediafire thing, and the world looks great, but it seems like I don't have the massage table, or the Serenity Retreat for that matter. I went to 'Edit Town' to look for it, but the lot is not there. What happened?

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:58

Hello,

You may have to place it yourself, look in the community lots bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 19:21

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

You may have to place it yourself, look in the community lots bin.

It's not there.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 11 Dec 2012, 21:48

Did you try uninstalling, downloading a new version, and installing again?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 04:03

I guess I'll try reinstalling Sunlit Tides. But does this happen often? Like the Serenity Retreat not being in my community lots bin? I just don't get it.

And what do you mean by new version?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Dec 2012, 08:14

I just meant to re-download it, and not just re-use the one that you already had, if you had saved the file, and not deleted it.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Dec 2012, 14:29

Hello,

It does happen quite often yes, it's a downside of using decrapified stuff, not everything turns out right.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 19:32

The funny thing is that the Serenity Retreat is installed under the "Objects" tab on the launcher, yet it's not shown in the game. That happens too, right? The type is not even Lot, it's Object.

Also, Sunlit Tides is not shown under the "Lots" tab, yet I can play it in the game.

Why is this so freaking confusing?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Dec 2012, 10:44

Hello,

That's The Sims I'm afraid. I think there's a way to install a lot some other way.
After looking it up I see that even people with legit games who bought the Sunlit Tides deluxe edition have problems finding the lot.
It does turn out that the lot is named "community lot" in the community lots bin, not serenity retreat or anything like that. See if you can find it by looking for "community lot". It may also be called "6". Don't ask.... lol.
If it's still not there, there may be a work around.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 18:31

Maybe I should just install Serenity Retreat from the official mediafire? Or does it only come with Sunlit Tides?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:43

Hello,

I think so, but a work around seems to be to download a remake from the exchange. You'll have to work on it a little to make it look like the original but you'll have the lot. This one for example.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 20:08

Okay, I tried uninstalling everything that has to do with Sunlit Tides on the launcher, except for Steam-It-Up Sauna because the package has dependents I guess.

Anyway, I opened the game and Sunlit Tides is still there! And I can't uninstall it because it's not shown in the 'Lots' tab.

So yeah, I don't know what to do. I want to uninstall it, so that I can re-install it and hope that the Serenity Retreat would show up in the game.

Help?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:05

Hello,

Go through your The Sims 3 folder looking for a folder "installed worlds" and "worldcaches". I think you'll find some files in there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 18:44

Thanks. Although I still can't seem to be get rid of Steam-It-Up Sauna. But I guess it won't matter since I could just re-install Sunlit Tides, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Dec 2012, 21:17

Hello,

Try that and let us know the result, please.

//EDIT

I'm not completely sure, but you might be able to remove the Sauna from your launcher.
If it's part of Sunlit Tides, reinstalling that world should do.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 21:47

OK, I tried reintalling Sunlit Tides, but it says "This package is already installed"....

EDIT: So I've realized that I haven't uninstalled everything that has to do with Sunlit Tides. So I tried uninstalling all of those objects and items, but it keeps on saying "Error: cannot uninstall package with dependents".

This is getting really frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 23:46

Hiya,

I remember having some issues with the Sauna also...as in I wanted to place it in a lot I was working on but it wouldn't. I researched some info here at G4TW and found that something had to be decrapified lol, Trust in the Admin, they WILL get it figured out with you!

However, Is Sunlit Tides the pack that had the Ice Cream Machine and Deep Fryer? If so...I have the expansion pack...and everythings working..but those 2 objects aren't showing up in game. So just be patient...don't throw the compy out the window!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:27

Hello,

You could uninstall it manually, after uninstalling with the launcher, delete the caches in the The Sims 3 folder, delete the "Sunlit Tides" caches in WorldCaches and look for any mention of Sunlit Tides in the InstalledWorlds folder. All of these are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 20:21

I already deleted Sunlit Tides in WorldCaches and InstalledWorlds.

delete the caches in the The Sims 3 folder,

You mean like scriptCache, simCompositorCache, socialCache, CompositorCache, etc??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:10

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 01:48

OK, I'll consider this. But the one thing I'm not too clear on is reinstalling the sims3packs...what does that mean? I have to uninstall all of the objects, lots, etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:27

Hello,

That's a bit much for this particular issue. As it will require a reinstall of all sims3packs and the problem is uninstalling 1 particular world.

happysimming wrote:
I already deleted Sunlit Tides in WorldCaches and InstalledWorlds.

delete the caches in the The Sims 3 folder,

You mean like scriptCache, simCompositorCache, socialCache, CompositorCache, etc??

Yes, those are the ones. It may also help to backup and remove any Sunlit Tides savegames from the Saves folder.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 03:30

OK, I deleted the caches, but I still can't delete the objects that came with Sunlit Tides because of some stupid dependents, nor can I reinstall the world since the launcher says that it's already installed, which of course is false because I uninstalled the darn world.

Not only don't I have the serenity retreat, but now I don't have Sunlit Tides, just the objects. Maybe I should just give up....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:04

Hello,

Try to install just Sunlit Tides with a clean TS3 folder. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder. Now double click the Sunlit Tides sims3pack to install it, and start the game and see if it works.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:06

After yet another computer issue...(am on my 3rd laptop in 2 months lol, though this one beats the heck outa the last 2), and having had to reinstall everything again...

I actually found that my Serenity Retreat was listed in my Community Lots...however...it wasn't named.

It was simply called Community Lot, and I think it was a 40 by 40 lot space, and was near the front of the lot listings. I was able to rename it however after placing it in my world.

Try looking at that? Until yesterday when I found it, I'd assumed it was a CC lot that I'd grabbed somewhere and never used lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top