Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 03:30

First topic message reminder :

I downloaded Sunlit Tides Deluxe Edition from the games4theworld's Mediafire thing, and the world looks great, but it seems like I don't have the massage table, or the Serenity Retreat for that matter. I went to 'Edit Town' to look for it, but the lot is not there. What happened?

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:04

Hello,

Try to install just Sunlit Tides with a clean TS3 folder. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder. Now double click the Sunlit Tides sims3pack to install it, and start the game and see if it works.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deluxe Edition, No Serenity Retreat?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:06

After yet another computer issue...(am on my 3rd laptop in 2 months lol, though this one beats the heck outa the last 2), and having had to reinstall everything again...

I actually found that my Serenity Retreat was listed in my Community Lots...however...it wasn't named.

It was simply called Community Lot, and I think it was a 40 by 40 lot space, and was near the front of the lot listings. I was able to rename it however after placing it in my world.

Try looking at that? Until yesterday when I found it, I'd assumed it was a CC lot that I'd grabbed somewhere and never used lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 05:08

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Try to install just Sunlit Tides with a clean TS3 folder. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder. Now double click the Sunlit Tides sims3pack to install it, and start the game and see if it works.

Okay, so I copy and paste The Sims 3 folder to my desktop, and then delete the The Sims 3 folder in my documents? How is that cleaning the folder? This is a bit confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 05:14

It's not "cleaning" per se, but removing all user data will quickly point out if invalid user data is the issue in your specific case. If it is, then you can try actually cleaning it, but there's no sense in going through the trouble of cleaning it if it won't resolve the issue. Make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 17:27

hexorcist wrote:It's not "cleaning" per se, but removing all user data will quickly point out if invalid user data is the issue in your specific case. If it is, then you can try actually cleaning it, but there's no sense in going through the trouble of cleaning it if it won't resolve the issue. Make sense?

Why can't I just drag The Sims 3 folder to my desktop? Rather than copy/paste, and deleting the folder in my documents? I think I need a specific, step-by-step instructions on how to do this. I'm an easily-confused person and I don't do well with computer files/folders and whatnot. I just wanna make 100% sure that I won't mess up.

By the way, thank you guys for helping me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 19:43

happysimming wrote:
hexorcist wrote:It's not "cleaning" per se, but removing all user data will quickly point out if invalid user data is the issue in your specific case. If it is, then you can try actually cleaning it, but there's no sense in going through the trouble of cleaning it if it won't resolve the issue. Make sense?

Why can't I just drag The Sims 3 folder to my desktop? Rather than copy/paste, and deleting the folder in my documents? I think I need a specific, step-by-step instructions on how to do this. I'm an easily-confused person and I don't do well with computer files/folders and whatnot. I just wanna make 100% sure that I won't mess up.

By the way, thank you guys for helping me.
Hello,

Miscommunication, the way you did it is the same, I think Hexorcist meant something else.
As long as the folder is completely removed from the "Documents\Electronic Arts" folder, it's OK.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 02:26

It worked. I finally have Sunlits Tides AND the Serenity Retreat. But now I have TWO "The Sims 3" folders...the original one on my desktop, and the new one on the "Documents/Electronic Arts" folder. What do I do now?

Also, the launcher is almost empty. Every content I have ever installed is gone, and I only have the items/lots from Sunlit Tides...........you guys didn't tell me this would happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 09 Jan 2013, 20:05

happysimming wrote:Also, the launcher is almost empty. Every content I have ever installed is gone, and I only have the items/lots from Sunlit Tides...........you guys didn't tell me this would happen.
Hello there,

That's why we told you to "back up" the old folder. All the items you're looking for can be found in the old "The Sims 3" folder.
Your content should be under The Sims 3\Downloads\, your saves are under The Sims 3\Saves and I'm not sure about the other stuff, you'll have to wait for someone else to tell you what is what.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:21

You said that it would be the same...that as long as The Sims 3 folder is completely removed from "Documents/Electronic Arts", it's OK....I don't see how the "backup" thing is necessary, because either way you're just gonna remove it.

Ugh, maybe Lady EIDi can help me. I think my situation has gotten much worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:33

Hello,

Everyone is right, actually. This is the most efficient way to immediately clean out all tweaks, mods, cc's etc. It's as if you've restored the game to factory settings and that's what you did.
And yes your launcher is now empty, that's because everything you had is in the old folder, the one you dragged or copied to the desktop. The backup is necessary because if you had just deleted the old folder, everything would be lost. Now, it's not.
Open both folders, the old one and the new one. Drag/copy the following folders from the old TS3 folder, to the new one:
-Saves
-Mods
-Downloads (optional, since there's no need to keep sims3packs in this folder)

Now start your game to see if everything about Sunlit Tides is still showing up, to rule out potential mod problems. If it's still ok, you may proceed.

The next part is a little tricky because it may not work. But it is the quickest way to reinstall all sims3packs. To make sure you can roll back, make a copy of the new The Sims 3 folder now. Save it anywhere. You may delete it when everything is working, but keep it for now. It's there as a precaution, so there's no need to do anything with it now, so save the copy and forget about it.

Back to the old and new folders. Drag the following from your old folder, to the new one:
-DCBackup
-Installed Worlds
-Worldcaches
-Library

Again, start your game to make sure everything is still working properly. If the original problem returns, or (some of) your content is missing, exit the game, delete the new The Sims 3 folder (yes, just discard it) and find the one you saved "just in case" to copy to this location.

This unfortunately means that you're going to have to reinstall all your sims3packs, and you'll have to do it 20 at the time.
Yes, that is tedious. I'm currently doing this myself. And I have close to 500 sims3packs.
The way I'm doing this is as follows:
Have a folder with sims3packs, and an empty "Downloads" folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Open both folders, and the launcher. Cut and paste no more than 20 sims3packs to the empty "Downloads" folder, go to the launcher and find the downloads tab, select all, install, and when finished, empty the "Downloads" folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Cut and paste the next 20, open the launcher, select all, install, rinse&repeat.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:21

I followed your instructions, but long story short, it didn't work out. So instead of reinstalling all of my sims3packs and doing it 20 at a time, I just decided to use my original Sims 3 folder with everything I have ever installed. I managed to get Sunlit Tides back from my trash can..... but I still don't have Serenity Retreat. Whatever, that place can burn in hell for all I care.

So I'm back to square one, but I'm fine with that now. I'm happy that I even have 6 or 7 expansion packs (thanks to games4theworld).

Besides, in the long run, none of it will matter anyway. Because once The Sims 4 comes out, I'll just end up uninstalling The Sims 3 all together. Razz

Thank you guys for putting up with me. I hope you didn't feel like I wasted your time. I did learn a lot though, definitely the kind of info I may need in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:02

Hello,

No, no time spent helping (or trying to) is never wasted.
You could always build your own Serenity Retreat Very Happy

Keep in mind that TS4 won't come out this year, I hear they have 4 new EP's planned for 2013 so .. Razz lol

Anyway, don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top