Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer Empty Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 04:37

Hello, I'm having a problem with my Sims 3. I have Generations, Pets, Seasons and Supernatural installed. I also installed the updates and The Ultimate Fix.

My game freezes to the point where the typical ctrl-alt-del doesn't work and I have to restart my computer. I don't have any mods or cc or anything like that.

Thanks--

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer Empty Re: Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:47

Hello,

Please do these instructions : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

And please let us know the result.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer Empty Re: Sims 3 Freezes and Have to Restart Computer

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:57

Did you change anything right before this started happening? Anything at all on or in your computer.

Also. Are you on a laptop or desktop?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 15:34

No, I got a new SSD but that was before I even installed Sims. I changed the settings in game to allow for longer Sim life (Long vs. Normal) and it has frozen about 3 times since then, but I don't know if that's related.

I will try the fixes mentioned and let you know. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Dec 2012, 09:48

Hello,

Good luck, and please let us know if it does or doesn't.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top