Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.  Empty Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 05:36

This is an error I get every time I try to open my sims 3, Error: Sims 3 has stopped working, then I am offered two solutions, try looking online for a solution, or close the program.
I have installed all the mods I want to, updated everything, cracked everything, and ultimately fixed everything. I have also removed all my mods and custom content. Yet I continue to get this error, has anyone else had this problem, more importantly does anyone know of a solution?

Back to top Go down

Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.  Empty Re: Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Dec 2012, 11:22

Hello,

Start with the solutions here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.  Empty Re: Error: Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 08:10

I have gone through and tried all of the solutions, none have worked for me.
I had all the other expansions and they had been working fine, I had custom content, mods, the whole shabang. Only after installing the Seasons expansion have I gotten this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:26

Are you using the launcher? If so, does the error occur when you start the launcher or is this after you click the "Play" button?

Is there a down arrow on the lower left of the error box that says something along the lines of "View Details" ? If so, could you paste the details for us please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:29

I use the sims launcher, it happens no matter which one I use, whether its the one I was using prior to the download, the one that was placed on my desktop after the installation or the ones in my actual electronic arts folder. The error appears after I pres the actual play button.
Here are the details from my error message.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3W.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.177
Application Timestamp: 4fc51c50
Fault Module Name: TS3W.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.177
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fc51c50
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000e63b6
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 044f
Additional Information 2: 044f5d804e095772eddecffc100bd7ae
Additional Information 3: cac9
Additional Information 4: cac962992459a4755c50b87c5aa2aeb5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:42

Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.177

This is the line that catches my attention. My version is 0.2.190, and when I use my 0.2.0.177 backed-up file, I have the same error - with the exact same details (baring Locale). Have you copied all of the updated cracks properly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:43

Hmmm... yes, I was very careful, and when I got this error I made sure to re do all the cracks again, and then a third time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:50

Download the file here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Extract it. Go into the # Crack folder, copy the two files to your Sims 3 installation location replacing the others. That should get your game working, as long as everything else is proper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:56

Oh gosh, I feel like an idiot... I had downloaded my torrent from pirate bay, from the same guy so it came with the ultimate fix. Perhaps it was outdated because the game is running perfectly now.
Thank you so much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 09:58

Happy Simming Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:01

Topic closed, thank you hexorcist Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top