Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 22:40

I seem to be having an issue with my game but ONLY with the Seasons expansion and I'm not sure why. Sad Before, I had downloaded Seasons from the Origin account from a close friend and it installed correctly and everything was fine. However, once I started the game it loaded perfectly okay until it finally reached the Live Mode screen. Then everything was frozen. My sim is immovable, I cannot click anything, I cannot move the screen, time has stopped, but I am still able to hear noises and trees moving as well as their shadows. I can't "wait out" the freeze because it loads up like this and ultimately I cannot do anything besides Task Manager quit the game.

I've tried these solutions:
- Removing all my mods/CC
- Starting the game with no CC via launcher
- Ran Delphy's CC Dashboard to check for error CC files

None of these worked. Here's the thing though, I uninstalled Seasons and played the game and everything went back to normal and working as it was. Is it possible that Seasons doesn't work with my previous expansions? Or other files that are already in my game? I uninstalled Seasons and waited for your version of the game to be released, I thought maybe it had to do with my other games being torrented. I downloaded G4TW's torrent and the installation went fine as the first time. I started up the game, it loaded correctly again until the Live Mode screen and my problem persists.

I am at a loss and I just want to avoid uninstalling everything just for one expansion to work but this is getting ridiculous and frustrating. I really hope you guys can help me. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Last edited by krystalux on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 00:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 23:18

I had this problem in past but didnt found a solution

I think it has something to do with graphic card

Back to top Go down

Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Issue, Only with Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 23:42

I don't understand, I have a pretty good graphics card so I don't see how one expansion could cause it to suddenly stop working.

I've even "factory reset" my game and it worked for 5 seconds then it froze.

//EDIT

Hi guys, I know I haven't received much help with this. I'm going to
quote another kind person who reached out to me with what they said:
I had exactly the same problem. I installed seasons, loaded up the
game and the sims and time were frozen. I did all the things you did to
try and solve it, even uninstalled. When I uninstalled, game worked
fine. Reinstalling, it went back to being frozen.

I contacted EA customer service and talked to an amazing tech guy who
actually plays the game. He said the culprit is one of two things.
First, make sure you video card driver is up to date. (Mine was, so that
solution did not work for me) The second thing he said was that 1.42
patch is current, but not the most current patch.

So he directed me to the super-patch. He said the super-patch, while
it is also 1.42, is more current than the 1.42 that is downloaded and
installed through the launcher.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page#

Halfway through the first post there is a link: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims…TS3_1.42.130.0190xx_update.exe

This link is for the super-patch.
It took me a couple of hours to download it, but it worked like a
charm, and my game is now working. Give that a try, it worked for me and
hopefully it will work for you.

-Ptylo

They really helped me out and this Super Patch worked. My game is running beautifully as it once did. So this issue is solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 02:45

So you're saying this link here for the super patch
Code:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.42.130.0190xx_update.exe
worked perfectly for you? I'm downloading the super patch now, but I'm kinda weary of applying it. I'm getting a lot of game lag and everything else mentioned in this post, so I'm wondering if this super patch will work??

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:19

The Manual patch and the super patch are the same thing, just we called it something different then what EA calls it.

Yeah, the Manual/Super Patch does fix some weird glitches and stuff, and can even be re-applied if your at the same patch level.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:01

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top