Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 01:30

Hello folks,

I read carefully all of the steps located at: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Unfortunately, I get stuck whenenver I get to #2. I am unable to download the file by the link. Whenever I start the download, it downloads at my normal internet speed, then slowly (literally 1-3 kb/s a second) all the way until it gets to about 50 kb/s and then it has an error saying the connection was lost or something. I can't seem to download it through my browser.

My question now is that 1) Can I download the patch instead through the Sims 3 Launcher, or 2) Is there a torrent for the patch?

If there is any other solution or idea you all could offer me that would be greatly appreciated.

Just to reiterate, I have followed the steps. I have installed The Sims 3 Base, The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims 3 Supernatural, and The Sims 3 Seasons (in the same exact order). If I did something wrong, let me know.

Thanks,
Drachen (Brad)

//EDIT

In addition, this is not an internet problem on my side as any other
download works correctly. It may be a browser issue, as I never download
large files via browser, I always torrent when possible.

Back to top Go down

Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sun 03 Mar 2013, 02:11

Did you try downloading through a different browser?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 02:56

Try downloading using a download manager. Smile I used it everytime I download an update. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 03:02

I haven't tried it through another browser, mainly because I don't have another installed Razz I'll try that though.

As for the Download Manager, that sounds like a good idea as well. Is there a specific one you recommend?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 05:16

Issue Downloading 1.50 Patch. [SOLVED] 4049071320

That's the link. Smile Hope it helps you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Mar 2013, 15:35

Hello,

Or find it on www.games4theworld.org under "Downloads".
I'll see if I can create a torrent for the next manual patch. (And remove it when a new version is released)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 16:32

Ah, well I didn't think of that. My bad, Admin.

As for the Download Manager, it worked like a charm! Thanks sensai17 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 05:58

No prob. Smile Have you updated the patch already?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:02

Hello,

No, not in torrent format. I'm waiting for the next available patch. 1.50 also comes with University Life.
Let us know if you need more help!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)