Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED] Empty Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 03:28

I got a new laptop and I'd like to continue to play on my current
stories. I have legit base game and Generations. And then I have
torrents for High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Master Suite, and
Supernatural. So my questions are this:

1: What exactly do I need
to transfer and where exactly do I put them on the computer? If/when it
says certain file names already exist (I've already installed the base
game and generations via disks on the new computer), do I replace the
files, or copy/add to the folder?

2: How do I ensure that the
torrents will still work on the new computer? Are the files I need to
transfer different than the ones for the base game and generations?

3:
I haven't played on the old laptop since the beginning of November, so
are there any new updates I need/are required in order to continue
playing the torrent games?

I know how to transfer (putting files on a form of external memory) I just need the above questions please =)

TIA.

Back to top Go down

Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 04:20

I'm pretty sure you must re-install everything first, :

1. Install all your expansions. (like you did on your old computer)

2. Crack them with the ultimate fix

3. If you had any mods or CC, install them:
C:/Users/(your name)/MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods
C:/Users/(your name)/MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads

4. Then copy your saves files
C:/Users/(your name)/MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves

5. Should be working now Very Happy

P.S I've never tried transferring files to another computer, but my friend tried to take my version and copy it on his computer and he couldn't play it... So I think that's how it should work
P.S.S If you need more information on how to install the Sims 3, just put a reply ^^

Back to top Go down

Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Transferring Sims 3 (and torrents) to new computer. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 09:37

You only have to install everything if you want them to show up in the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. Otherwise, keep reading.

- Copy everything over to the new computer, doesn't matter where you put it. (Note: This can take a while)

- Use my Registry Helper tool to insert the keys into the registry. If you're unsure of what a value should be, just leave it what it is. The default values were set with some standard values that should work on nearly all systems. The only ones you should -have- to set are the ones with a "Browse" button on the right hand side, and the product ids. Product IDs are simple. The Sims 3 is 1001, World Adventures is 2, then everything after that increments the number by 1. (IE: High-End Loft Stuff is 3, Ambitions is 4, so on and so forth - even if you don't have it installed the number does increase by 1 for each expansion).

If you have any issues feel free to post them here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:57

Thank you guys. I transferred Saves, SavedSims, Downloads, Exports, Worlds, and Mods to Libraries>Documents>EA>TS3 and Move/Replace(d) if it asked.

Then I transferred all the Zips for the torrents I have and installed each one following this.

I'm only playing with Ambitions, Supernatural, Late Night, High End Loft Stuff, and Sweet Treats for my torrented games. Also, in the Late Night installation guide it said to uninstall all previous games... I did NOT do this (because I'd already installed 2 EPs before getting to this one) and it still works fine.

It also has all my saves and sweet condo I've been building!

Thank you everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:11

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance!

Note: next time please keep all your problems regarding the same game in ONE topic, instead of creating more. Thank you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top