Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 09:17

So I want to download Late Night after Seasons so I'm afraid something might go wrong. Is there some steps I should go through like applying the Fix Ultimatum

Back to top Go down

Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:28

If you want to install Late Night, you have to de-install everything and start everything over again, so make backups of your Saves, CC and mods, Then read on how to install Late Night in the instructions in the Late Night Installation Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 14:52

You do not need to uninstall. Just install Late Night as usual, then copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to Late Night's installation location. Run the manual patch, then copy the files in the "# Crack" folder back to your base game's installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 14:58

hexorcist wrote:You do not need to uninstall. Just install Late Night as usual, then copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to Late Night's installation location. Run the manual patch, then copy the files in the "# Crack" folder back to your base game's installation folder.

So I just have to install Late Night (Not applying the crack in the LN folder)

copy the files from the Ultimate Fix to Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin

(Do I have to run the patch even if my game is 1.42, :/)

ANd lastly copy files from the Crack in Ultimate fix to Base game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 15:03

The files in the Late Night folder in the Ultimate Fix aren't cracks Smile

Essentially you got it correct. The reason you -might- need to do the manual patch again is because loong ago, EA was stupid and patches were being applied to expansions individually as needed - so just because your base game is 1.42.190 doesn't mean your expansions are up-to-date. At some point, EA realized how stupid this was and started applying the patches to the base game instead. So it really depends on which expansions you're installing, and I don't recall if Late Night was before or after the epiphany by EA - either way, it's safe to assume you need to run the manual patch again Smile. Either it'll update what needs to be updated, or it'll say "you don't need to update."

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:17

hexorcist wrote: and I don't recall if Late Night was before or after the epiphany by EA - either way, it's safe to assume you need to run the manual patch again Smile.
Hello there,

Before, actually. They started with the base game updates with the release of Generations.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 09:33

Oh well I already did the patch after. It works fine for now

Thanks for the help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Dec 2012, 21:43

Hello there,

Glad to hear it's working fine now!
Thank you Hexorcist.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Installing Late Night after Seasons. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top