Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory Empty Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 06:05

I have downloaded and installed the base game, all expansions, updates to 1.42, the ultimate fix, and all store upgrade items of games4theworld sims 3
I am using a laptop with i3-3110m @ 2.4 GHz 64 bit processor, 4 GB RAM, on a windows 8 x64 OS.
The mods I have installed are cmomoney_DeletableMailboxMod.package, HL_SciFi_Mailbox.package, HL_SciFi_Mailbox_OVERRIDE.package mrhawk_ts3wp4_fix.package (I'm not sure if I was able to uninstall this by deleting the file from the mod folder after running the game once with it in the mod folder) and mrhawk_magic_coll.package

After i purchased the no bills ever lifetime reward, i started getting bills in my inventory. These bills have no interaction options. If I click on it, nothing happens, and I can't drag these bills out of the inventory. Later on I started receiving omniplant gift boxes that I can't interact with or remove from my sim's inventory (the same as the bills). At first it didn't bother me so much, but now i've got somewhere around 30+ of these things inside my inventory, and i'm getting worried that this might cause my game to crash later on.

Can someone help me remove these items from my inventory?

edit:
BTW, I followed all of the instructions on the guide.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory Empty Re: Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 06:25

I had this issue without mods on my previous save and was planning on looking into it (possibly making a mod to delete them) .. but alas, I was featherbrained and forgot to back up that save before I formatted last time. I'm not sure there is a way to delete them, but you might try turning moveobjects on and seeing if you can remove it from your inventory. If you can, turn on testingcheatsenabled then shift-click the item, click on "Object" then "Delete". If you can't remove it with moveobjects on, try with testingcheatsenabled on -- try both moving them out of your inventory and the shift-click. Let me know what you find out, I'm interested in this.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory Empty Re: Sims 3 bills and omniplant gift boxes stuck in inventory

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 07:51

I tried testingcheatsenabled on with moveobjects on, clicking on the object doesn't show any interaction options and click and drag still doesn't move the object. Shift clicking on the object still doesn't show any interaction options, and shift click and drag still doesn't move the object. ctrl + shift + click still the same result as shift click.

I read somewhere that only nraas mastercontroller worked, but this mod is way too powerful that it could definitely mess up my entire game. I would hate to be forced to reinstall the game and all the objects from the store.

So far only mods i placed inside my game is a mod that that allows me to delete the mailbox (hate that colonial mailbox), and a mod that allows the futuristic mailbox to show up in the buy catalogue.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 28 Dec 2012, 09:35

Really, Master controller doesn't do a lot, without your permission. I definitely recommend installing it, even if you uninstall it at a later point. I've gotten things stuck in sims inventories before, and it gets rid of the objects easily. I do recommend backing up your saves, but other than that, it shouldn't cause any issues at all with your mods or custom content.

And if master controller were to mess anything up, the worst you'd have to do is start a brand new game, and at that point you would be able to remove it with no issues. But that's why it's suggested to back up your saves before adding or removing any mods. Or updating, or anything else, really. I back up my saves about once a week, depending on how often I get to play.

Did this issue start showing up shortly after you installed those mods, or are they completely unrelated?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 04:59

Just got back home, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for reassuring me about the mastercontroller mod. I'll try to install it.

There was no issue with the mailbox mod. I started playing the saved game with the mod. There doesn't seem to be any problem with it. The problem about the stuck bills started when I got the "no bills ever" lifetime reward. The problem with the omniplant gift boxes started a lot later when my sim became a 5 star celebrity. I kept getting gifts from several of my sim's friends. At first the omniplant gift boxes didn't appear, but later on, i started getting the plants along with the bills.

Edit:
Ok, I installed the mastercontroller mod. I wasn't able to delete the bills and the omniplant directly, but I was able to transfer the bills and the omniplants to the mailbox, and when I tried to get mail from the mailbox, the bills and the omniplant didn't reappear. whoohooo Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Dec 2012, 13:36

Hello,

It's Overwatch that has an interaction to clean up inventories.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 00:03

Thanks Lady Eldi. I'll try overwatch too Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:48

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:21

btw. the "Debug Enabler" mod from Nraas can help too (click on the bill or omniplant, then Nrass -> Debug Enabler -> Delete (or something like that).
And if you've cleaned up your inventory (with either Overwatch or Debug Enabler), then Overwatch will take care of that problem automatically if it happens again Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:34

I apologize that it took me a long time to find this topic to post my update on the situation. I have very little experience in using forums. Embarassed

I've kept on redoing my game on different world maps, so I was able to
make some sort of comparison as to how the problem occurs. Just in-case anyone is having the same problem as me, here's what I've observed.

The bug doesn't have anything to do with the LTR "no bills ever". I noticed the bug occurs once you start receiving a lot of gifts and mails from other sims (several mails on an almost daily basis or daily basis). checking the mailbox daily lessens the occurrence of the bug (ranges from once every two weeks to once a week), while leaving the mailbox unattended for several days will lead to an increase in bills and omniplants.

by using nraas master controller to return the bills and omniplant gift boxes, I have noticed that by returning the bills to the mailbox, the "get mail" option reappears, and when i get mail, I noticed that the bills are actually letters from friends, let's say i return 7 bills, when I open the mailbox again, I noticed that 7 new messages appear on the top right corner of the screen.

by returning the omniplant gift boxes to the mailbox, the "get mail" option reappears on the mailbox, but when I reopen the mailbox, nothing happens. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that the number of omniplant gift boxes tend to represent the number of gifts that I received before the bill starts to appear in your inventory.

*The next paragraph is a sample scenario. Just skip it if you don't want to read it* Very Happy

Let's say I got 10 messages (3 of which are gifts) from when I first open the mailbox, I see 3 omniplant gift boxes and 2 bills in my inventory. When I check the mailbox, and I see that the "get mail" option is still there. I open the mailbox a second time, I get 5 messages (no gift), I see the same number of omniplant gift boxes (3 total) in my inventory, but i received 1 more bill (3 total). When I recheck the mailbox, I see that the "get mail" option is still there. I open the mailbox and I receive 7 messages (1 gift), I got 1 more omniplant giftbox (4 total) and 5 more bills (8 total) in my inventory. When I recheck the mailbox, I see that the "get mail" option is still
there. I open the mailbox and I receive 27 messages (12 gifts). When I recheck the mailbox, I see that the "get mail" option is gone. My inventory still has 4 omniplant gift boxes, but an additional 7 bills (15 total). I proceed to return all the bills (15) to the mailbox, the "get mail" option reappears, when I open the mailbox, I get 15 more new messages on the top right area of the screen. Then I proceed to return the all the omniplants to the mailbox, the "get mail" option reappears, but when I open the mailbox, no new messages appears, and there are no new items added to the family inventory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top