Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Report on Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Report on Sims 3 Empty Windows Report on Sims 3

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:08

Can someone please help me with this report on why my Sims 3 has stopped working?

If someone has already solved this issue on this specific report please do reply with the link.

By the way I have install every single Expansion pack and Stuff Pack

up to this date.

Spoiler:

Edit:

• The game took 12 minutes to crash in create sim mode.
  • I tried Windows XP SP 2 and also game me the same report.

Edit:

• C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts This is the location of all Sims 3 Expansion & Stuff Pack

I'm trying to attach a .docx but the website keeps telling me this

Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 5)=

The file doesn't exceed the 1mb. It is only 495kb

Edit:

Ok so I uninstalled the following expansion and stuff packs:

• Pets
  • Showtime
  • Supernatural
  • Seasons
  • Master Suite
  • Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
  • Diesel

The rest of the expansions and stuff packs are still installed. Have to play for some time and see if the game still crashes and still gives me the "Sims 3 Stopped Working" message

Also, I opened Task Manager - TS3W.exe *32 - CPU 25 - Memory balancing out at 2,400,450K

Edit:

Ok, So it is 5am and i've giving it a whole lot of my time to this problem. I downloaded the following Fix Tools: Registry Easy Cleaner, SmartPCFixer, and DLL- Files Fixer I scan and repaired and went into every option possible. It's still hard to get into any conclusions. I'll this posted. Also, when I tried saving the game it gave me ERROR CODE 16. My instincts tell me that the forums have this solved. I shall still investigate the current problem at hand.

Instead of creating a sim and stuff I went into choosing a household and played for awhile.

Edit:

As suspected no concl;usions yet. I did however stopped getting the ERROR CODE 16 I just had to Save As and rename the save. As for the current problem no solution yet, so far the hasn't given me the "Stopped Working" message but I'm still looking. However, I did encounter a problem while in CAS, I was creating a sim an when I wanted to pick eyes the button wouldn't lead me to that square box where the options are to be pick from. So I just close the box for looks and when I wanted to click on the basics, looks, clothing and etc. it wouldn't open but I could still rotate my sim. I press Alt + Tab and went back into the program again the whole character was grey but the eyes where black. Anyone knows why this is?

Last edited by JozGDcruz on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 21:54; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Windows Report on Sims 3 Empty Re: Windows Report on Sims 3

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:36

Hello,

That looks like something for Admin or hexorcist.
But until you receive their reply, please let us know: how often it crashes, if it happens at a particular moment in game, if you have mods/cc and if you receive an error at any point during start up.

If you do have mods, disable them temporarily to see if that works. Also, have a look at these possible solutions. Crashing is, unfortunately, fairly common with The Sims 3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:49

Try XP SP2 compatibility mode. That error isn't necessarily caused by the game - note the fault module, that's a Windows file. Googling the fault module with the exception code I found that many other games (some even created by Microsoft) have had issues with it - some have been fixed by compatibility mode, some have been fixed by reinstalling various packages (not necessarily games - one such example is the Microsoft C Runtime Libraries), some have gone totally off the wall and reinstalled Windows all together [possibly out of necessity].

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:21

hexorcist, can you still help me with this information I've edited?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 05:46

The fault module will tell you where the issue lies. It's not [necessarily] with the game. The "[necessarily]" is in there because it is possible that one of the dev members called something improperly from that library - but lets be real, that's not very likely. I'm fairly sure your issue will be resolved by resolving the issue with MSVCR80.dll - whatever that issue may be. I'd start with one of the URLs below:

32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=90548130-4468-4BBC-9673-D6ACABD5D13B&displaylang=en

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top