Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World export error in CAW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World export error in CAW Empty World export error in CAW

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:38

I can not export the world - the world export error pops up!

I have a description, city name and a picture, and so on but this error pops up!

Please for your help!

When I changed the folder name The Sims 3 - The Sims3.backup it tried to export again, it turned out that the world has managed to export, but even install it on shows like to install, but I have an empty folder InstalledWorlds - so do not want to install

When I install add-ons are on all the time in the world export error pops up! I hope it will be fixed!

Back to top Go down

World export error in CAW Empty Re: World export error in CAW

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:16

Hello,

I'm not sure what to do about the export error, but I can help you install it, since I had that issue as well and it's a patch 1.42 bug.
The workaround is as follows:

Part A
1. Start by completely uninstalling the world. Uninstall it with the launcher.

2. Remove any mention of this world in the folder My Documents/EA Games/Sims 3\Worldcaches.

Back in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3, delete all the cache files – make sure you get them all!

socialCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

CASPartCache.package

Having done that, you're ready to install the world.

Part B
1a. Rename your The Sims 3 folder for now, or backup and remove it. It'll be easier.
Double-click your world's sims3pack so the launcher will install it. Go into the newly created The Sims 3 folder, and open the DCBackup folder.

OR

1.b Place the sims3pack in an empty folder and have Delphy's multi pack extractor extract it to another empty folder.

2. There will be a number of packages in there. Sort them by date, the most recent one is the world file. When you're in doubt, it'll also usually be the largest package.

3. Rename that package, name it whatever you want, but make sure it has a .world extension in stead of .package.

4. Put your newly created worldfile in C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds (assuming you installed TS3 in the default location).

5. The rest of the packages belong in the DCBackup folder.

6. If you opted for step 1a, you can choose to keep this The Sims 3 folder and copy your saves, mods and the contents of the old DCBackup folder to the new one. If you opted for step 1b, you can move on to step 7.

7. Start the game and load your world Very Happy

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)