Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures installation error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures installation error Empty World Adventures installation error

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:57

Hi!

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for all you do! I've used your torrents for the past few years and I've never had a problem (until now).

I'm trying to install World Adventures. When I try to run 'Sims3EP01Setup.exe', I get the following InstallShield Wizard error:

An error (-5006 : 0x80070020) has occurred when running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.

I've looked through the forums for a similar error to mine, but I can't find any. My base game is a retail copy from 2009, but all my EPs are from G4W and they all work perfectly. I have the Ultimate Fix/the 1.67 manual patch. I've also changed my SKU to 2 through the regedit panel. I've tried extracting the .rar file multiple times with WinRAR, but I always get the same error. Is there anything I'm missing? 

If it helps, I've tried installing WA from other torrent sources, and they all give me the same error.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Back to top Go down

World Adventures installation error Empty Re: World Adventures installation error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 24 Jan 2017, 19:56

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Well, I would say that, perhaps, there's still an installer of some kind open in the background. But, you'd think you'd have rebooted your PC at some point while you were trying these installations  scratch
Still, it doesn't hurt to check your task manager for any abnormalities.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)