Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 World Installation Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 World Installation Error Empty Sims 3 World Installation Error

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 17:15

Hi there,

So I'm having a few problems installing some of the store content worlds that I downloaded from games4theworld. Most of them worked just fine but there's a few that I haven't had any success with being Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista and Sunlit Tides. I have installed the store fixes but these worlds do not show up when I start my game. I'm not sure what I've done wrong because I installed them all via the launcher - they're just not appearing.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. I tried searching for this topic but did not find anything that seemed to help. I'm sorry if it's been posted before and a directional link to the appropriate forum would help me too.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 World Installation Error Empty Updated Game & InGame Items

Post by Layloria Fri 29 Aug 2014, 00:36

Hello,

Do you have the most recent patch of the game? If not, please update and tell us if the world is still not appearing.

If you do (1.67+), then do any world objects from the world appear such as Barnacle Bay a big ship called Hogan's Deep Sea Diner (LOT). Other non-lot items are Poseidon's Fury (Fountain) and Sea Witch (clothing)

Sims 3 World Installation Error Thumbnail_128x128Sea Witch Sims 3 World Installation Error Thumbnail_128x128Poseidon's Fury Sims 3 World Installation Error Thumbnail_128x128Picture of LOT: Hogan's Deep Sea Diner.

If you do have any of the following ingame items, then your world is installed and the problem should be it not being listed.

I would try opening your launcher ingame see if its installed. If it is you may need to clean your DCBackup folder.

Please let an official forum moderator check before I give info on the DCBackup as you may need to download a copy of CCmerged.package.

Thanks!

~ Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 World Installation Error Empty Re: Sims 3 World Installation Error

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 08:39

Hi Layloria,

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help.

So it appears that it's not installed because I don't have any of those items. I do, however, have the dragon egg. Did that come with Dragon Valley? 

I'm not sure what you mean by opening the launcher while in game though. I might be being really stupid though ....

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong. I really don't want to have to reinstall my whole game. Im happy to try and install all the store content and my custom content again. I dont have much CC - Only a few outfits and hairs. 

In my mods > packages folder I have the following:

ccmerged.package
NoBuildSparkles.package
nointro.package
StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package
StoreFix_Fixes.package
XMLs.package
and a few NRAAS mods.

If I can provide any more information - such as screen shots or lists of the content in my folders to see if I have something in there that could be affacting it, I will. I feel like a dumby because I'm normally able to fix stuff like this.

Thanks for your help Layloria and any other people who may happen to advise of some ideas Smile

EDIT: Ok so it appears I have Barnacle Bay installed but not the items? Also my game is up to date with the current patch. I'm so confused.

Last edited by Princess Pudgy on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 08:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 13:22

Hi there!  Smile

I think what they meant with opening the Launcher in-game is to open it while the game is already running to check if the Worlds appear in the "Installed" tab and not in the "Downloads" tab. To do this you simply need to open Options in the game and click "Open Launcher". You could check there that all of the content is appearing where it should be.

One solution could be to erase the game cache, as maybe the World Chooser hasn't updated nor some of the buy catalog. To do this you simply need to go to The Sims 3 folder in Documents (Not in Program Files) and find these files and delete them: 

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

After that you can check in the game to see if the worlds are appearing or not. Good luck!

Last edited by SeoY on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 14:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed incorrect information)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Sep 2014, 19:57

Princess Pudgy wrote:Hi there,

So I'm having a few problems installing some of the store content worlds that I downloaded from games4theworld. Most of them worked just fine but there's a few that I haven't had any success with being Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista and Sunlit Tides. I have installed the store fixes but these worlds do not show up when I start my game. I'm not sure what I've done wrong because I installed them all via the launcher - they're just not appearing.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. I tried searching for this topic but did not find anything that seemed to help. I'm sorry if it's been posted before and a directional link to the appropriate forum would help me too.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Princess Pudgy,

Actually, you may need to delete much more than what SeoY said before. In addition you also need to delete the contents of the DCBackup and DCCache folders (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3), and then look into the "Installed Worlds" folder. If you have a file with the name of Dragon Valley.world there, delete it.

After that, you should re-install Dragon Valley with the launcher.

Keep in mind that with this method, ALL your installed .sims3pack files will be erased, and you would need to start over. This is the most radical solution possible, to get worlds installed again.

For now, I would only suggest that you try to delete the compositorCache.package file (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3). Then try re-installing the world with the launcher. And make sure to install the latest store fixes too, here:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. If not, you may try my initial suggestion, with deleting the contents of DCBackup and DCCache too. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:35

Hi everyone

I ended up renaming my sim 3 folder to sims 3 backup and that caused a new fresh sims 3 folder to generate. I found that idea from mod the sims (I think). It did mean all my CC and other installed content isn't in that folder but I installed the worlds first and they all installed just fine and I tested them. I've been installing my other content since - it's making me go through and cull what I don't use anyway. I found that the game crashed if I put in my nraas mods though. So I don't have them installed yet. But thats really bugging me because I love the nraas mods. 

I appreciate all your help and I did utilise the advice you gave me. I really loved games4theworld and am thankful that I found you to help with all my sims 3 stuff Smile

Cheers  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:42

Princess Pudgy wrote:Hi everyone

I ended up renaming my sim 3 folder to sims 3 backup and that caused a new fresh sims 3 folder to generate. I found that idea from mod the sims (I think). It did mean all my CC and other installed content isn't in that folder but I installed the worlds first and they all installed just fine and I tested them. I've been installing my other content since - it's making me go through and cull what I don't use anyway. I found that the game crashed if I put in my nraas mods though. So I don't have them installed yet. But thats really bugging me because I love the nraas mods. 

I appreciate all your help and I did utilise the advice you gave me. I really loved games4theworld and am thankful that I found you to help with all my sims 3 stuff Smile

Cheers  cheers

Hi,

If regenerating your Sims 3 folder helped, chances are you had mods that were outdated running within your game, wreaking havoc. 

This is also what I believe to be the case, considering the Nrass mods are/were giving you issues.  

Please visit http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ and re-download all mods you have - in other words, replace your old mods with new ones.  When EA releases new patches, a lot of mods (core mods in particular) have to be updated, otherwise your game will... quite literally, break.  Nrass mods are heavy duty mods that alter lots of core files within the game.  These being outdated, that's bad!

Hope this helps.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:06

I'm pretty sure the mods I downloaded are the latest versions but I'll try re downloading them to see if it helps and check out nraas wiki too. Thanks again everyone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top