Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims complete collection start up problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims complete collection start up problems Empty The sims complete collection start up problems

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 14:26

Hi everyone.

A few days ago I downloaded the sims (1) complete collection. The download went fine but after installation the game didn't start. I already
tried the following things:
- Installing with help of the video and opening the .rar file with winrar and no other program
- Running as administrator and setting compatibility to windows xp service pack 2 (also tried al the other compatibility options, just to be sure)
- Completely erasing the game with your uninstaller (downloaded from games4theworld) and the sims eraser. (BTW: I never installed any of the sims versions on my computer. I did this after the first failed attempt to start the game). Then reinstalling again and again...
- Restarting the computer after different steps in the progress
- Downloaded a different nocd crack from an other site
- No other programs were running at the same time of starting the sims
I've already tried everything I could find on this forum and on the internet but nothing seems to work.

I will try to describe very precise what the problem is. After the download and installation, following the video, I change the combatibility to run as administrator and windows XP service pack 2 (see screenshots 1 and 2). Then I click on the sims icon to start the game. The screen goes black, with the blue loading circle in the center, and then goes back to my desktop. If I start the game by pressing the right mouse button on the sims icon and selecting "solve compatibility issues" (see screenshot 3) and using the "recommended settings" (see screenshot 4), then starting the program (see screenshot 5) I get the error "could not find the sims data directory (see screenshot 6).

I hope my problem is clear and I really hope you guys can help me because I'd love to play this game again.

Screenshot 1 and 2: *** Because I'm a new member I couldn't link the screenshots. They will follow ASAP
Screenshot 3:
Screenshot 4:
Screenshot 5:
Screenshot 6:
Screenshot 7:

Cheers,
Jo

PS: the screenshots are in Dutch but they say the texts I quoted
PPS: my system information is in screenshot 7

Back to top Go down

The sims complete collection start up problems Empty Re: The sims complete collection start up problems

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 08:09

Hi, I have the exact same problem as you. Also have tried out everything you mentioned, as well as downloading different torrents, but they all result in me being unable to start up the game. When I run in compatibility (windows xp service pack 2) mode after right clicking the program to troubleshoot compatibility, it shows a "Fatal error - Could not fins the sims data directory". This only happens when I run in compatibility mode though. Hope a solution will be posted soon. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

The sims complete collection start up problems Empty Re: The sims complete collection start up problems

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 15:54

It seems more people have the same problem. Hopefully a solution will follow (one that we haven't already tried)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:02

In your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder there should be some files called "scpt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:09

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your instructions. This is the sims 1 we are talking about though, are you referring to this game as well, or the sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 04:10

Whoops, I apologize - I was thinking Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:05

Hello,

See if it will run in windowed mode.
Go to your install directory and create a shortcut of the games' .exe on your desktop.
Right-click the shortcut and go to Properties, then the Shortcut tab, and the "Target" box.
It'll say C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\sims.exe (assuming you installed it to the default location) now add a space and -w top that, so it should read C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\sims.exe -w.
Use this shortcut to play in windowed mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 22:54

Thanks for your replies!

Yes, we were talking about the sims 1. I already had directx 11 on my pc, but downgraded it to 9c just to be sure that wasn't the problem. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Forgot to mention (tried so many things that I don't remember them all) but I also already tried windowed mode and it doesn't work. When I add the -w exactly your way I get the error "The name that has been given in the target box is invalid" I also tried C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims\Sims.exe-w, C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims\Sims.exe w and C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims\Sims.exew just to be sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Jan 2013, 09:55

Hello,

Please check back for Admin's reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 Jan 2013, 14:27

Hello there,

You have to leave a space, I think. So like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims\Sims.exe -w
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:51

I know. That's what I did on my first try (see my earlier post where I say : "when I add the -w exactly your way"). I also tried the other ways without space etc to be sure. But nothing works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 Jan 2013, 18:50

*Isis* wrote:I know. That's what I did on my first try (see my earlier post where I say : "when I add the -w exactly your way"). I also tried the other ways without space etc to be sure. But nothing works.
Hello there,

Sorry, I missed that.
Let's see... not much I can think of at the moment, but please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:22

Same problem here (and also tried the above mentioned=. Was any solution found yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Jan 2013, 15:29

Necross1234 wrote:Same problem here (and also tried the above mentioned=. Was any solution found yet?

Hello,

Please contact Admin in the chatbox when you see him online on the forum, or open a new topic.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top