Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Choppy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Choppy Empty Sims Choppy

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 14:02

Ok I installed all the cracks and the fixes, I have the current version of the game, I even did the DEP so it wont crash to desktop but with all that the game is super choppy, it freezes for a few sec then comes back and does it again, very frustrating. I lowered the grfx and played with over clocking and under clocking my video card but nothing seems to work, Im here looking for help, anyone know what the prob is a fix anything or do i need to finally accept the horrid truth of getting a new Card (Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 currently)

Back to top Go down

Sims Choppy Empty Re: Sims Choppy

Post by Admin Fri 22 Apr 2011, 23:56

ArtyBucco wrote:Ok I installed all the cracks and the fixes, I have the current version of the game, I even did the DEP so it wont crash to desktop but with all that the game is super choppy, it freezes for a few sec then comes back and does it again, very frustrating. I lowered the grfx and played with over clocking and under clocking my video card but nothing seems to work, Im here looking for help, anyone know what the prob is a fix anything or do i need to finally accept the horrid truth of getting a new Card (Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 currently)
Hello,

Like I wrote in your e-mail:

Games4theworld@hotmail.com wrote:Hello,

I don't think it's the fix causing the problems, since it works fine for everyone else. I'm sure it's your PC configuration. I recommend you close áll programs running and then start the game. In-game, turn off áll the graphic stuff, so that the game is running on lowest settings. Now, after changing the settings, restart the game and see if it makes any difference.

Also try to update your Graphic Card drivers to the latest version. (Important!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male