Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with Sims Medieval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with Sims Medieval Empty Need help with Sims Medieval

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 21:04

Hello,

Trying to get Sims medieval to work failing at getting it extracted ( lol yep I am a noob Very Happy). I use winrar, version 4.0 from www.ralab.com, but when I download the sims medieval, from http://www.games4theworld.org/index_files/downloads.htm, it gives me a .rar.torrent and winrar tells me it cannot open the file "archive is in unkown format or is damaged" to be exact. Any help?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Need help with Sims Medieval Empty Re: Need help with Sims Medieval

Post by Admin Sat 02 Apr 2011, 21:07

Hello,

See if the following helps:

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 21:35

Do I need something to open the torrent first? I've never really done this and I don't know what I need to get started. I have WinRaR and the Virtual Drive... I'm assuming that i've missed something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Apr 2011, 21:43

JustARandom wrote:Do I need something to open the torrent first? I've never really done this and I don't know what I need to get started. I have WinRaR and the Virtual Drive... I'm assuming that i've missed something.
Hello,

Owh, I see. I went to fast.

So, in order to download the actual game files from the .torrent file, you'll need to download a Bittorrent client. I recommend you use www.utorrent.com . When you've installed uTorrent, double-click on the .rar.torrent file you downloaded earlier.
The .torrent file should now automatically open in uTorrent and start downloading. When the downloading has finished, right click on the .torrent file - inside uTorrent - and choose "Open map" (or something like that) and then follow the instructions as stated in my previous post.

Please tell me if you have any more problems, so I can guide you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 03:07

Well I've been torrenting from utorrent for like 6 hours and only got ~20%. Any faster way, like a direct download? Seems to be no one seeding the download so its going to take me minimum a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:16

Hello,

Well, that's torrenting, my friend. The download -speed depends on your internet speed ánd the amount of Seeders. (Amount of people that are actively uploading the file to you)

You could also try to open your Bittorrent ports on your Router and set Up- and Download limit to "0". (If you set a limit, you download speed will be way lower than usual)

We do have a direct download service. Please refer tp: http://games4theworld.org/index_files/premium.htm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male