Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Updates Empty Help with Updates

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 06:42

hello everyone just like everyone else i got the update for 1.47 tried to download it from the launcher it didn't work said error so i went and did the whole ultimate fix since that has been updated and got a error Invalid File and it says in the fix if you get that to use the manual patch which i see has been updated also on here well here the problem i cant for the life of me download the patch it gets to 99% then stays like that for hours I've tried to use different browsers thinking it was just a browser issue but no it never loads for me ( Le sigh) so i have no idea what to do guess ill be stuck at 1.42 for a bit atleast the update didnt mess up my game and i can still play until someone can help me update

Back to top Go down

Help with Updates Empty Re: Help with Updates

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:50

Hello,

Did you pause the download at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 18:31

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Did you pause the download at all?

nope didnt touch the comp put it to download then watch t.v

Help with Updates Help11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 17:55

Hello,

You can always update via the launcher, but you'll have to follow all included instructions that come with the Ultimate Fix in order to do so: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 01:14

i have tried this already and when i do i get update error: invalid file found and in the ultimate fix it says if you get this error download the manual patch which brings me back to my problem of i cant download the patch it starts to download gets to 99% and then freezes there for hours and will not continue or it will just get to 99% and error out

I've tried to download it on multiple browsers to make sure it wasn't the browser I've downloaded the ultimate fix again to make sure i can download which worked fine its just the patch that wont download

so i don't know what to do

Admin wrote:Hello,

You can always update via the launcher, but you'll have to follow all included instructions that come with the Ultimate Fix in order to do so: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 16 Jan 2013, 02:43

Could you try downloading the patch on a different computer, and using a usb drive to transfer it to the computer with sims on it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 04:10

only one comp access my personal one everything else will block the site cause it game related or block the use of usb cause im on a military base Sad

i know there seem so be no end to my misery

invalidusername wrote:Could you try downloading the patch on a different computer, and using a usb drive to transfer it to the computer with sims on it?

//EDIT

well i give up just gonna uninstall everything and try again if that doesn't work dunno guess ill just stick with my base game

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:49

Akkasha wrote: cause im on a military base Sad
LOL, what?

That error usually occurs if you didn't copy all the files from the Ultimate Fix to the correct folder in your installation directory.
Anyway, you can contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum and we can try to sort this out for you via TeamViewer, if you like.

Another option is, if you feel like it:

1. (Backup your savegames and then) completely remove The Sims 3 and all expansion packs, using Your Uninstaller! Pro from www.games4theworld.org . Use the "Super Mode" for uninstallation.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall everything, but DO NOT use ANY of the "# Crack" folders(!).
4. When done, update the game via the launcher. That should go all fine, since you haven't used any modified files. (Read: cracked files)
5. After it finished patching your game, double-check to see if you're really updated to the latest version, currently 1.47.
6. If correct, do step 3 and 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
7. Start the game and it should work like a charm now.

Good luck and please let us know the result or if you need any assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male