Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way you can install expansions after cracking the base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way you can install expansions after cracking the base game? Empty Is there a way you can install expansions after cracking the base game?

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:00

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place

Is there a way I can not use the crack or get around not being able to install expansion packs that are released later?
I've never used an Sims 3.iso, does that make me not need the crack?

Back to top Go down

Is there a way you can install expansions after cracking the base game? Empty Re: Is there a way you can install expansions after cracking the base game?

Post by invalidusername Sun 13 Jan 2013, 09:07

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
That thread has the basics for the crack and updating and all that, links included Smile

You can definitely install expansions after cracking, just like you normally would be able to. All that's recommended is to redo the manual update, and the ultimate fix (found in that thread I linked to).

And as for the iso, it's just the disk image so that you can install the game. Sure, if you wanted to stay at the original release state, I'm sure you could use that to run the game with, but why would you want to do that? Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top