Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar) Empty Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar)

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 20:03

Hi,

So I've lurked around here for a while and have just recently re-downloaded your latest fix for Supernatural, everything worked fine.

However, I decided to give Seasons a go today, and usually I use third-party torrent sites for the downloads such as kat.ph, isohunt or piratebay but I noticed that you had your own direct download site which I used to get the torrent for Seasons.

I didn't have WinRAR, and was using 7zip to extract files previously but after looking round the threads on here for a related issue, I noted that I needed to have WinRAR for your files to work properly. I downloaded it from your website, everything working fine, licensed it etc.

Once Seasons had finished downloading I opened the .rar and immediately got this diagnostic message:

"D:\Clearing Extra Space\Torrents\uTorrent\The Sims 3 - Seasons.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt"

Initially I ignored this and went on to unzip all the files to a folder specifically created on my desktop, and I got a number of errors, I won't list them all but they're all of the same sort:

"CRC failed in Support\Origin\OriginSetup.exe The file is corrupt"
" " Thumbnails\CASThumbnails.package The file is corrupt"

That's where I'm up to at the moment, it's infuriating, I've never had this sort of problem before, and I can usually fix things sufficiently by myself but there seems no way out of this one.

I'm currently re-downloading the original torrent just in case.

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar) Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar)

Post by t2sink Thu 17 Jan 2013, 05:57

Yeah, thinking a re-download should solve the problem your having. A bummer when you spent all the time already downloading it tho.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar) Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons WinRAR Error - Unable to Unzip (or unrar)

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:51

Hello,

That's odd. Re-downloading should do indeed.
But were you completely sure the .rar file finished downloading in your Bittorrent client, prior to opening it? (Closing Bittorrent during the extraction of the .rar file might help too)

Let us know the result though, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top