Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game still freezes :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game still freezes :/ Empty game still freezes :/

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 00:07

I made a post not long ago about problems with pets, I deleted all my mods and custom content and now its just what comes from the game, it fixed my pets problem and my game doesnt have so much lag anymore almost none at all but randomly it will freeze and I will have to restart my computer. I dont know what else to do? I have tried programs that help games from lagging and it didnt do much and didnt prevent freezing, I did what was shown on the DEP video which helped alot with lagging and freezing until I installed sims 3 seasons. I am at a loss here on what I could do to prevent my game from freezing. it mostly now freezes when eather im jumping from one place to another (example im at my sims house and I click to view my other sim who is in the park) or when its in the middle of saving the game. I have not added any more mods or custom content.

Back to top Go down

game still freezes :/ Empty Re: game still freezes :/

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:21

Hello,

Do you have the latest patch (was released last week)?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:30

I just updated today, ill let you know if it continues or not

Its still freezing up. I would try and save it before it freezes but it doesnt even lag before freezing so I cant really tell when its going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:21

Hello,

Have you tried everything from this page?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 20:58

I am going to try the NT core cause ive done the steps before that one but I noticed something I un-installed the pets and supernatural, (supernatural cause i dont play with it much) and pets cause I seem to have a problem with it and I dont play with pets much as well, I also changed my settings on my game and that helped and it didnt freeze (the settings I changed was the detail on how the sims look and the details of the picture that was it.) and after that I didnt have any freezing problems the whole day yesterday which it freezes 2 or 3 times a day so that helped but I read online a way to exit the game when its frozen so when it freezed today I got off the game to my normal desktop and there was something that poped up about the launcher just failed? and I think that might of caused my game to freeze? not sure what caused that or how I could fix that?

EDIT: another thing I just thought about with the DEP do I need to update the DEP with the new fixes? like after I put in the new updated fix in my game that I need to do the DEP process again?

//EDIT

ok it crashed again and i noticed it crashes also every time i have my sims in one house and want to move them into a new lot and once i start to build everything is fine until i try and save it then it freezes. i got to my desk top again when it crashed and yep that same pop up about the launcher failed and stoped working and that windows was going to close the program till it is solved? I have no idea whats causing it but i noticed that it happens threw a pattern in my game. and the last few games ive been doing as a test have the same result everytime i try to move them into a home that i built myself i dont have any problems in build mode just when i save after building.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:23

Hello,

I don't think the launcher error causes this problem, but you can make sure it doesn't by bypassing the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 03:24

Thanks for the idea I will try that and see if it continues Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 19:58

did not work :/ i tryed the game without the launcher as said and went to build mode to see if it would happen again and it did freeze. whats strange is that it only happens when when building in a diffrent lot then my first home and going to save it. and i dont know why. otherwise in the game it saves fine. this time when running without the launcher when it crashed i exit the game and i got the same warning as before but instead of it saying there was a problem with the launcher now it said that there was a problem with the sims 3 and after the pop up comes up and i exit out of that pop up my game disapears and i have to re open the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:03

I think we've got two separate issues going on here, but they MAY be caused by the same thing -- directly.

ok it crashed again and i noticed it crashes also every time i have my
sims in one house and want to move them into a new lot and once i start
to build everything is fine until i try and save it then it freezes.

You can resolve this by saving the lot to the bin before saving the game, then if it crashes when you save the game go back in and bulldoze the lot in the world where you want to place it, then place it from the bin.

The other issue you mention is something about the launcher crashing. When the game crashes, go into your My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\CurrentGame.sims3 (remembering name from memory so it might be off slightly) and make sure there is NOTHING in this folder. If there is anything at all in this folder, delete it before trying to run the launcher. This is where the game that you're currently playing is updated while you're playing it. When you save, it copies the files to the appropriate save folder, and upon a clean exit of the game it deletes everything in the folder - thus while you're PLAYING the game there should be data in there, but when you're not playing there should not be anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 23:53

I went ahead and re installed the game but im going to write that down so incase that happens again ill know what to do. i kind of wanted to re install everything anyways sence i seem to have so many problems without having any mods or any of that. but thank you for the advice and if it happens again i will try that out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top