Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 15:28

p/s: sorry if wrong thread.

i had already read Admin's guide for installing The Sims 3. For your easiness i will tell my Sims 3 problem step-by-step.

1. The Sims 3 originally version 1.0.615, or Reloaded version.
2. I had changed 1.0.615 to 1.0.631 with 'Reloaded to Razor Patch GTI' and 'small fix patch' on my game.
3. My game now showing 1.0.631 version.
4. I want to install The Sims 3 World Adventures for The Sims 3
5. But when i'm about to installing the EP, this is what I got:
The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] The_si11

I dont know what the reason of this problem, I had The Sims 3 already in my PC, even not any mod installed, so I dont know why.
So, I want to ask for help, if anyone here know how to solve this problem. Thanks for your help.

p/s: I bought The Sims 3 (pirated) game from local computer store, and bought World Adventures (still pirated) from local online pc games store (actually just blogger), not downloaded from torrent.
The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Edit: I haven't yet try using Ultimate Fix patch because I want to install World Adventures and Generations first.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 22:30; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add details)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 17 Jan 2013, 06:02

Not sure if I would trust the other downloads.

The Errors are related to either the game not installing correctly, or being a modified installer installing it.

I would recommend just downloading+installing G4TW version's of them, so you won't have to mess with unknown copies.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:54

Videogamez Boy wrote:p/s: I bought The Sims 3 (pirated) game from local computer store, and bought World Adventures (still pirated) from local online pc games store (actually just blogger), not downloaded from torrent.

t2sink wrote:or being a modified installer installing it.
Hello there,

That's, indeed, most likely a modified installer, seen the fact that you're from Malaysia, where they sell (modified) pirated discs.
These can cause a lot of nasty problems, so it's recommended to get non-modified downloads.
If it's not a problem for you, I recommend backing up (!) your savegames and then removing all the The Sims 3 games you curfrently have, using Your Uninstaller! Pro from www.games4theworld.org . Use the "Super Mode".

After uninstalling everything, restart your PC and then reinstall non-modified versions, preferably Games4theworld versions, of course: www.games4theworld.org .

Good luck and please let us know the result and if you need more assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:13

Maybe you both are right. Actually, my Sims 3 installer in the disc is not the official installer, instead of just ordinary installer, like this:
The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] TheSims3Structure2_zps1849be79

if it considered as modified installer, then my bought game can't updating and expanding. so my final solution is to download The Sims 3 from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Jan 2013, 18:55

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
That's indeed a modified installer, I'm afraid.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 03:42

i'm also sorry because of my late reply.

I actually want to tell you earlier that my downloaded The Sims 3 had SUCCESSFULLY installed with WA and Generations, also able updated to latest version with ultimate fix. Thanks for your help to solved my problem. Smile

Thank you, thank you, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 22:30

Hello,

No problem, don't hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance! The Sims 3 can't install expansion pack. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top