Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 8 Empty *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 14:15

First topic message reminder :

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below).

(Extra note: if you are unable to 'reach' the download sites for the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch, temporarily disable any browser adblockers; please refer to the disclaimer here for more information about the topic).

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 6-12-2013

1. Download and install the The Sims 3 base game. (You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)

2. After installing the base game, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://www.games4theworld.club/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. Install any expansion or stuff packs that you want. You can install as many as you want. (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

4. Finally we have to crack the game; RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

5. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

6. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

Extra note 2: You'll need at least one of the following:

The Sims 3: Generations 
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
The Sims 3: Into the Future

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:41; edited 38 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 8 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 22:41

In G4TW we trust!  Hammertime 

Using this in combination with the portable kit offered elsewhere on this website, works spotless (all EP's and SP's)

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. - Page 8 Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jun 2014, 05:11

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!! APPRECIATE IT Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 20:59

Thanks ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:13

literally made an account just to say i love u guys i have been looking for 3 days finally im able to play yes!!!!!! unstressed finally:)))))))) ElDi's Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 09:30

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! Thank you, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

For everything!!!! The Ultimate Fix, the games, the tutorials!!

This is the first time I've ever seed a game because IT'S WORTH IT. ASDFGHJKL.
I'm hysterical so much right now. I love you guys so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:52

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 14:36

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:24

I didn't read those instructions before. First time I installed those expansion packs (up to University Life) was years ago and that was when Island Paradise was not out (EDIT: Which it worked btw). When I tried to install all of the expansion packs (after when the Sims 4 was out due to all of the bugs), I had issues where the loading main menu background was all cleared out (instead of the Into the Future background..... that and I didn't see the Maxis logo. I didn't even assumed that the expansions would be ignored). I will take the listed expansions into consideration (where it is to install The Sims 3 + one eligible expansion with the star).... Hopifully that should make my playtesting worth while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:13

Hello. I am here to say thanks to the people who helped me install the game, but I dont actually know where or how to do so, Im not sure if I should create a new topic for this and Im new to this place so please excuse me if this is not the right way... Also apparently I cannot send private messages yet so I was just looking for a way to say thanx to angel1437 and the people who helped me : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 08:33

Awesome!! Thank you G4TW!! I had the base game and seasons,did all the install and manual update patch,and used the ultimate fix.Worked great.I got bored with seasons (not much content) and thought I'd give it a shot and download Showtime.I had dumped all the download files from the base and seasons,and was just running on the no CD crack.I downloaded G4TW showtime,Boom..unreal it works perfect,without having to re-install everything.Great job you guy's!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:47

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS I CANT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY DID THIS THANKS TO YOU ALL OMG IM SHOCKED IM JUST SMILING SO BIG THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Dec 2014, 23:36

Instructions have been updated!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 22:46

Trying this right now, hope it works!

//EDIT

Thank you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 20:53

Debbyx, If you read the instructions carefully and did things correct, the game will work for sure, don't worry, I did it and it works perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:43

Works perfectly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 12:43

:)this work better then the real game I waste cash buying,this version don't need;Origin and download manager to be install and it work offline also.

Thank you very much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2015, 22:14

This is very good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2015, 22:25

Thank you very much G4TW!!! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 09:30

thanks!!!!! All Hail Carlos! All Hail Carlos! All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 08:44

HI,i followed all the instructions and the fix one and it works just..perfect!!!
thank you very much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 17:29

You are incredible tried for months for the sims 3 all in one to work (still would br if not for you) Amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Nov 2015, 06:56

OMG it really works on mine! Thanks a lot for the help! 
Had been trying to update the newest patch that is suitable for all my expansions and have reinstalled it like thousand times yet never worked. 
Thank god I found you! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 00:44

Posting once again to thank you guys for this! 
Had to reinstall the game due to one of the 0x00 errors (seems to be a thing every 6 months now) and this guide was, once again, a life-saver!  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 20:14

This is the page where i come back whenever i have to re-install Sims 3. Had graphics issues so updated everything and re-installed again. Wasn't a member that time so i couldn't say how thankful i am to you guys out here for this guide and the downloads!

Sincerely, thanks G4tw!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2018, 16:10

perfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top