Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Fri 05 Jul 2013, 22:05

MsWho wrote:
Admin wrote:
MsWho wrote:I am so excited to see that the store downloads are available again but when I go to the website I can't get anywhere except the home page. Even the contact page wont load for me. And when I go to another computer I can't even get to the home page of the website. 
I don't know what could be going wrong on my end but I would really like to be able to get to the site like everyone else. I know it's not my internet connection because I can get to other websites just fine.
Any ideas?

(still super excited for the website though)
Hello there,

Hmmm... doesn't it load at all? Do you get an error? If yes, could you post a screenshot of that, please?

It say the connection has been reset regardless of what page I'm trying to go to. And on the other computer I tried it on, it was the same error, just for the home page instead.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Loadin10
Hello there,

Using the same IP? (Network)
Try a different network. (For example 3G on your mobile phone, if possible)

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 22:11

Admin wrote:
MsWho wrote:
Admin wrote:
MsWho wrote:I am so excited to see that the store downloads are available again but when I go to the website I can't get anywhere except the home page. Even the contact page wont load for me. And when I go to another computer I can't even get to the home page of the website. 
I don't know what could be going wrong on my end but I would really like to be able to get to the site like everyone else. I know it's not my internet connection because I can get to other websites just fine.
Any ideas?

(still super excited for the website though)
Hello there,

Hmmm... doesn't it load at all? Do you get an error? If yes, could you post a screenshot of that, please?

It say the connection has been reset regardless of what page I'm trying to go to. And on the other computer I tried it on, it was the same error, just for the home page instead.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Loadin10
Hello there,

Using the same IP? (Network)
Try a different network. (For example 3G on your mobile phone, if possible)

I'm guessing my IP is the problem. I can access the site and it's pages on my phone via 4G. So, do you know how I could fix this so I can get to it on my network?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Jul 2013, 22:39

MsWho wrote:I'm guessing my IP is the problem. I can access the site and it's pages on my phone via 4G. So, do you know how I could fix this so I can get to it on my network?
Hello there,

Your IP might have been banned by the server, I'll check it out. Please PM me your IP address.
Also, did the website work correctly for you the first time?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Jul 2013, 23:42

Admin wrote:- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!

Keep the feedback coming!
You guys were right; I got rid of all the split files. Happy downloading again! Hammertime
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 00:13

Thanks so very much for getting rid of the split files! SmileSmileSmile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 16:00

great site so far Very Happy
visited it and i downloaded the live, laugh, love set. that's when i read about split files. there's only one huge file, so im guessing that's the newly uploaded one?

anyway, i think it would be nice if  there will be a section for the premium content only. it's kind of a pain downloading a huge file but only needing one of the stuff in it (unless if separating premium stuff from the whole set would be too much work xD )

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sat 06 Jul 2013, 18:03

Website designer or not guys, all that matter is it works
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:31

Hello guys,

We have fixed the "Store Fixes"! (The irony)
Thank you, Lady ElDi! Wink

Download the latest version from: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:45

Woot! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 05:48

Thanks for the store update

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 01:17

Nothing on this site downloads for me everything works until I click download then it just keeps saying "connecting"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:43

you guys are amazing!!!!

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 5 Empty Happy for the new site - my feedback for now!

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 16:22

Here is my feedback on the so far site. I have divided my feedback into pieces for easier reading.

Store Update: The Sims 3 Store Updates only goes to April 2013 - The rest of the Store Update packs are greatly needed so we can have all store updates - but Im pretty sure that it will come along then the site is getting done. I really like, that there is now pictures and a description on every Store download, thats really usefull. On the old site, you needed to find the stuff on the Sims 3 Store site to get descriptions and pictures, now we got it all in one place - this is a very importen site detail to downloaders.

Store Fix Concern: In my opinion, you should not link to MATY store fix. You should only link to MATYs site and where to find the store fix. I think this makes confusion of the users then updated on MATY and on here, if thats gonna be the case. If not, there should be a changelog/description on the Store Fix, like MATY always has. Right now I cant see what have been changed, thats not enough for at advanced user. My eye catched, that the Store Fix has a note that says, "Last updated on: 7-07-2013" - MATY´s Store Fix was last updated at: 06.25.2013 - thats the confusion Im talking about! You are providing "false" information about this, because the user thinks that the entire Store Fix was updated from MATY at 7.7.2013 then MATY didnt update at that time. So you should write that the store fix was added to this site at 7.7.2013 and last updated by MATY at 26.6.2013.

Site Design: I like the site design, although I have no opinion of the colors of the site. My screen resolution is: 1024x768 and I need to zoome out to 67% in Google Chrome to see the whole screen at onces. The texts on the site is a bit tiny then I zoom out, so the size of the site is needed to be more the same size so to say. 

Download Speed and site load: I tryed to download the Dragon Valley Gold Edition World, and I had approx. 500kbps in download speed - thats OK for me, it takes only 5-6 minutes to get the world, and thats a fine time for nearly 200mb. The Site Loading time is great for me. No big delays when navigating on the site.

Thats my feedback I have at this moment on the new site - especially about the Store fix, thats a big concern!

Then the site gets all done, I will be happy to write a new feedback Very Happy

hikari_mochi wrote:great site so far Very Happy
visited it and i downloaded the live, laugh, love set. that's when i read about split files. there's only one huge file, so im guessing that's the newly uploaded one?

anyway, i think it would be nice if  there will be a section for the premium content only. it's kind of a pain downloading a huge file but only needing one of the stuff in it (unless if separating premium stuff from the whole set would be too much work xD )

I second that motion! I could be nice to have a Premium Content menu for its self and still keep the Premium Content in the Store Updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 17:23

Still waiting patiently. I was caught up with most stuff before mediafire went down. What I don't have are store updates following #46 March, or Dragon Valley, or the Faire. So far I don't see any working links for those, hoping those come up soon. Wanted to take a chance to say thank you to all those who have put in the work to get the new site going. Watching with happy anticipation, I know it can take time. Keep up the great work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 09 Jul 2013, 18:27

Moondragon77 wrote:Still waiting patiently. I was caught up with most stuff before mediafire went down. What I don't have are store updates following #46 March, or Dragon Valley, or the Faire. So far I don't see any working links for those, hoping those come up soon. Wanted to take a chance to say thank you to all those who have put in the work to get the new site going. Watching with happy anticipation, I know it can take time. Keep up the great work.

Hello,

The Dragon Valley link is up for sure, I just downloaded it a few days ago myself.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 22:49

Thanks for this. Its really appreciated.
I have no problem with the overall format of the site. Download speeds are fair.
One question: Are these files untouched or have they been decrapified?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Jul 2013, 23:26

HAVE FUN!

\"Admin wrote: - Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!) FIXED!

- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg) FIXED!

- Change line height + font size FIXED!
- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!

I hope the new width works well for you guys!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Jul 2013, 23:30

Numsim wrote:Store Fix Concern: In my opinion, you should not link to MATY store fix. You should only link to MATYs site and where to find the store fix. I think this makes confusion of the users then updated on MATY and on here, if thats gonna be the case. If not, there should be a changelog/description on the Store Fix, like MATY always has. Right now I cant see what have been changed, thats not enough for at advanced user. My eye catched, that the Store Fix has a note that says, "Last updated on: 7-07-2013" - MATY´s Store Fix was last updated at: 06.25.2013 - thats the confusion Im talking about! You are providing "false" information about this, because the user thinks that the entire Store Fix was updated from MATY at 7.7.2013 then MATY didnt update at that time. So you should write that the store fix was added to this site at 7.7.2013 and last updated by MATY at 26.6.2013.

Site Design: I like the site design, although I have no opinion of the colors of the site. My screen resolution is: 1024x768 and I need to zoome out to 67% in Google Chrome to see the whole screen at onces. The texts on the site is a bit tiny then I zoom out, so the size of the site is needed to be more the same size so to say.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!
As for the Store Fixes, we only link that specific page, so the people know where the actual files come from. One should always use from one source. (Preferably from Games4theworld, of course Razz) A small change in the "# Installation Guide.txt" is also considered an "update" and we don't always update the Store Fixes immediately after a MATY update. That explains the different "update date". Just stick to the easier-to-install Games4theworld version: we've already picked the necessary files out for you, so no need to dig to the loads of files offered at MATY.

As for the resolution, we've updated it today. Check it out and let us know what you think! (It'll still not look perfectly on your resolution, but at least it's better than first - a screenshot perhaps?)

sebrof77 wrote:Thanks for this. Its really appreciated.
I have no problem with the overall format of the site. Download speeds are fair.
One question: Are these files untouched or have they been decrapified?
All decrapified, as usual! (So just download and install)

Last edited by Admin on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 23:38; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 12:53

You did a great job.
The only problem I found is that the Oct2011 Set had that 001 problem.
Thank you for doing this, you are amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 23:11

Great job on the website! The February 2013 download page download links are not working. Just thought I should mention it in case you didn't know. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 01:01

atleast i know the LE content wont be gone forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:45

There Is No June Updates Ive Checked All All Of Them Are Gone HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:46

Lady ElDi wrote:
Moondragon77 wrote:Still waiting patiently. I was caught up with most stuff before mediafire went down. What I don't have are store updates following #46 March, or Dragon Valley, or the Faire. So far I don't see any working links for those, hoping those come up soon. Wanted to take a chance to say thank you to all those who have put in the work to get the new site going. Watching with happy anticipation, I know it can take time. Keep up the great work.

Hello,

The Dragon Valley link is up for sure, I just downloaded it a few days ago myself.

.... I'm very puzzled, I go in and look at it every day, including just now when I read this. I see links to other neighborhoods, but when I click where it says "click here to download" for Dragon Valley, it is only words, no link... and I searched for a different spot for a download, found nothing. I use Firefox, could that be it???  *edit* nevermind, found it... DOH... thanks so much you're the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 18:08

ljcruz117 wrote:There Is No June Updates Ive Checked All All Of Them Are Gone HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello,

It could be that the updates have not been put up yet.  It appears that just the folders were created.  Don't worry that's a good sign, they will be available soon......... stay tuned! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 18:49

Hello admin, can I know why I can't download the store item that do not have underline beneath them? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 20:02

PigsCanFly wrote:You did a great job.
The only problem I found is that the Oct2011 Set had that 001 problem.
Thank you for doing this, you are amazing.
Hello,

That problem is indeed fixed now!

mjkite27 wrote:Great job on the website! The February 2013 download page download links are not working. Just thought I should mention it in case you didn't know. Smile
That's because we haven't added those files yet. (As you can see, the whole page is empty)

ljcruz117 wrote:There Is No June Updates Ive Checked All All Of Them Are Gone HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
If the page is empty, it means we haven't added those files yet.

gary23691 wrote:Hello admin, can I know why I can't download the store item that do not have underline beneath them? Thanks
Because we haven't added those files yet. As you can read in the opening post and on the homepage of the new website, it's still work-in-progress, which means we're still adding the missing pages.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 20:03

- Add a "Back to top" button FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top