Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 04:44

Maybe this has already been addressed, but when I downloaded the Gold version of Dragon Valley and tried to unzip it (with WinRAR) it said that the file was corrupted. There was also something mentioned about the file ending before it was supposed to?
I tried re-downloading it, and got the same message when I tried to unzip the new one. (Again, with WinRAR.)
I had the same problem with Lunar Lakes, but re-downloading it seemed to help. Is this a problem with me, or with the file?

Other than that, the site is great, the downloads are great, and I love you guys!

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:08

SyRikka wrote:Maybe this has already been addressed, but when I downloaded the Gold version of Dragon Valley and tried to unzip it (with WinRAR) it said that the file was corrupted. There was also something mentioned about the file ending before it was supposed to?
I tried re-downloading it, and got the same message when I tried to unzip the new one. (Again, with WinRAR.)
I had the same problem with Lunar Lakes, but re-downloading it seemed to help. Is this a problem with me, or with the file?

Other than that, the site is great, the downloads are great, and I love you guys!
Hello there,

Unfortunately there are some download speed issues with the website, so it's possible that that's the issue.
Try re-downloading it with a different browser, please.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 15:02

Well, hopefully you guys can finish the website soon, I have an urge to get the Full Ultra Lounge set. bounce
EDIT: Why is everything in italics?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 15:08

gxy wrote:EDIT: Why is everything in italics?
Well, that is Carlos' fault... Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:07

gxy wrote:Well, hopefully you guys can finish the website soon, I have an urge to get the Full Ultra Lounge set. bounce
EDIT: Why is everything in italics?
Shamrock wrote:
gxy wrote:EDIT: Why is everything in italics?
Well, that is Carlos' fault... Wink 
Hi there,

You mean the whole Forum is in italic? Same for me...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 00:25

No, not the whole forum.
But whenever Carlos posts, every post that follows appears in italic...

Moderator edit: Let's not get too off-topic. Laughing  By the way, it's the same with Michael Myers; I guess it has to do with the title "Guarding the forum". Personally I don't bother...but feel free to open a topic on this in the "Moderators area", if you want.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Empty Corrupt File

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:28

Hello Smile

I love the new site, it is really great, but I do not know if it is just me or is anyone else having these same issues. When I try to download the worlds from your site they take a very long time to download. For instance one of the worlds is tellin me 5 hrs from now. I know my net speed is up to par b/c anything else from your site I get in no time, so I thought I mention it as well, but my main issue is after I wait for however long it takes to get the download and i go to install I get an error. I will post a screen shot below. I was wondering is this an error on my end or something else. Also it is not with just this world but a few others as well. Thank you. 

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Cuzgll11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 Oct 2013, 22:58

Hello,

There are indeed some speed issues with the server, which we're working on to solve as soon as possible. The corrupt file(s) might have something to do with that specific problem.

If possible, try re-downloading it using a different browser.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 03:27

Adminator wrote:Hello,

There are indeed some speed issues with the server, which we're working on to solve as soon as possible. The corrupt file(s) might have something to do with that specific problem.

If possible, try re-downloading it using a different browser.
Ok ty for your response. I decided to use a different browser to download these worlds. I was using Google Chrome the first time and decided to try Firefox. Well when I used Firefox the downloads were not corrupted. The speed still was slow as you mentioned, but the files came through fine. So I am not sure if the issue resides in downloading from certain browsers or not, but I was able to obtain the worlds on Firefox just fine. Ty again for your response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 18:36

The website is so huge on my little screen! I've missed the whole collumn that had written " Download Link " for too long lol I don't know if it's possible but could you please add this resolution (1024x600)?
Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 Oct 2013, 20:45

FFppppff wrote:The website is so huge on my little screen! I've missed the whole collumn that had written " Download Link " for too long lol I don't know if it's possible but could you please add this resolution (1024x600)?
Thanks! Very Happy
Hello,

Unfortunately it'll be a hell to change everything again at this stage - already resized it once. We kind of want to be future-proof and force everyone to get a better monitor.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:51

Hi I'm new here (like 2 minutes "old" lol) and I saw you've fixed the problem with the December 2011 downloads but I just got this about 5 minutes ago when I tried to download Part 3: 
Not Found
The requested URL /ts3/store-2011/files/december/Sims 3 Store Update 31 - December 2011 (Part 3).rar was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 11 Oct 2013, 22:46

Shado2013 wrote:Hi I'm new here (like 2 minutes "old" lol) and I saw you've fixed the problem with the December 2011 downloads but I just got this about 5 minutes ago when I tried to download Part 3: 
Not Found
The requested URL /ts3/store-2011/files/december/Sims 3 Store Update 31 - December 2011 (Part 3).rar was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hi there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum and thank you for letting us know!
Some files seem to "magically" disappear from time to time. I'll re-upload the whole website, including all the downloadable files, in about a week (maybe two).
Since we're also having some download speed issues, which we're working on at the moment, I want to do everything at once.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 17:27

Wait...  Are you going to re-upload what the site currently has or... Everything?
If its everything(like including all of the pages that don't exist), holy s:censor: t.Hammertime
Thanks in advance of everything being uploaded.

Last edited by gxy on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Oct 2013, 19:53

Hello,

No, just re-upload everything that's already on there. (That way missing files will be added again)
But I plan on kind of finishing the website within a month. Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 08:07

How do we know when our item was made? I want to download Fun for Kids of All Ages  but I have no idea when it was made....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Oct 2013, 08:30

sims3hope wrote:How do we know when our item was made? I want to download Fun for Kids of All Ages  but I have no idea when it was made....

Hello,

This "Fun for kids of all ages"-compilation (KidsAllAgeSet.sims3pack) was released in November 2011; but from what I see it hasn't been uploaded yet (I actually had to look up the release date of that item on my external hard-drive, because I couldn't find a direct clue on the internet). There is supposed to be a search function on that site to help you find specific stuff, but it doesn't seem to work yet - but feel free to try it yourself.

For store items that came out until December 2011, there is a nice resource on the internet: http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html

When you are on that site, press Ctrl + F to open the search funtion, now type in the name of the item(s) - and let the program do the search.

//EDIT

Of course, you can type the name of store items into google and then try finding clues about when the release date (most likely) was...

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Oct 2013, 20:09

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on the server issue(s), like the extremely slow downloads.
It should all be fixed within 2 weeks.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 22:14

Carlos G. wrote:

Hello,

This "Fun for kids of all ages"-compilation (KidsAllAgeSet.sims3pack) was released in November 2011; but from what I see it hasn't been uploaded yet (I actually had to look up the release date of that item on my external hard-drive, because I couldn't find a direct clue on the internet). There is supposed to be a search function on that site to help you find specific stuff, but it doesn't seem to work yet - but feel free to try it yourself.

For store items that came out until December 2011, there is a nice resource on the internet: http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html

When you are on that site, press Ctrl + F to open the search funtion, now type in the name of the item(s) - and let the program do the search.

//EDIT

Of course, you can type the name of store items into google and then try finding clues about when the release date (most likely) was...

I found it, but it was placed in December 2011 Shocked 
Perhaps a simple mistake/accident? 
Here is the link: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2011/december2011.html

You have to scroll to the bottom where it says "Part 2"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 09:28

sims3hope wrote:I found it, but it was placed in December 2011 Shocked 
Perhaps a simple mistake/accident? 
Here is the link: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2011/december2011.html

You have to scroll to the bottom where it says "Part 2"
I'm happy to hear that you found it. Smile  And yes, sometimes, the same store item is included in two different months.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 23:27

Can someone direct link me to the store fixes? The page refuses to load using Firefox, and the whole website doesn't work for me on Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 Oct 2013, 23:36

ohmygloss wrote:Can someone direct link me to the store fixes? The page refuses to load using Firefox, and the whole website doesn't work for me on Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Hi there,

That's odd. The Store Fixes can be found on this page: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 23:57

Admin wrote:
ohmygloss wrote:Can someone direct link me to the store fixes? The page refuses to load using Firefox, and the whole website doesn't work for me on Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Hi there,

That's odd. The Store Fixes can be found on this page: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html
Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks for the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 21 Oct 2013, 22:40

ohmygloss wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi there,

Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks for the link.
Hi there,

You're welcome, please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:21

I notice the KillerClassicsSet cannot be installed successfully and I will only receive a message "Failed": http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2012/january2012.html.

It's not only me, but this user as well: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14446-download-link-for-sims-3-cow-plant.

While I don't think this is a coincidence (she tried downloading this sims3pack many times and even renaming the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3), I also found that (for the first time) I downloaded with IDM with this link only to receive an .xml file.

I do not have access (access denied) to the installation guide of The Sims 2 store items as well: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts2/ts2storeitems.html

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 12 Screen14
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Oct 2013, 14:39

Hello,

Some files magically disappear. We're currently working on fixing the download speed issues with the website.
After that we'll re-upload the complete website and that problem should be gone. (The missing files and the download speed)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:55

I'm trying to download the Sunlit Tides deluxe world but whenever I click the download link (games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/LF/SunlitTidesDeluxe.rar) The page just loads and says "Waiting for available socket..." All the other worlds are downloading fine (I don't mind the slow download speed, I've waited A LOT longer before)

EDIT: It suddenly works now. Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top