Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 17 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 17 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 16:28

In addition to the 2013 ones, I also believe that there are a few ones released this year. Although it is impossible to understand what was released when in the store, I think there is the jewelry set, the bakery set and the prism art studio set that are worth to take a look at. The jewelry and bakery may be interesting. I'll be looking forward to hearing news from you guys! Good Day!

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 17 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Mon 05 May 2014, 19:05

jeremi wrote:In addition to the 2013 ones, I also believe that there are a few ones released this year. Although it is impossible to understand what was released when in the store, I think there is the jewelry set, the bakery set and the prism art studio set that are worth to take a look at. The jewelry and bakery may be interesting. I'll be looking forward to hearing news from you guys! Good Day!
Hello,

Indeed, I heard, but I have no files for the 2014 Updates (yet). Nor the .Sims3Pack files nor the descriptions/pictures.
If you know where to find the 2014 Updates, please let me know, as I haven't looked into that yet either.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 May 2014, 22:52

Uhh... Not sure if I can post links, so I'll just give the description. There is a tumblr page called Free Sims 3, which posts all content via mediafire links. You can have a look at that, if you'd like to. Mind you that the content is provided as .package files instead of .sims3pack files. Good day, anyways

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 07 May 2014, 11:27

jeremi wrote:Uhh... Not sure if I can post links, so I'll just give the description. There is a tumblr page called Free Sims 3, which posts all content via mediafire links. You can have a look at that, if you'd like to. Mind you that the content is provided as .package files instead of .sims3pack files. Good day, anyways
Hello Jeremi,

Thank you for that.
For our Download Server, we prefer .Sims3Pack files though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 May 2014, 15:35

Okay, then I'll keep looking in order to find .Sims3pack files. In the meanwhile there are two .package files that I think exist in the complete month downloads. Those are afTopVicSteamPunk_YA.package from October 2009 and amHairSTORE02ShortBangs_AllCategories.package from December 2009. Are those accidental, or are they some sort of fix? The 2009 downloads I have are from the previous mediafire account, so I don't  know if they are still there. Any ideas? Good day and good luck in finding the files to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 May 2014, 19:32

Hi, are these items available yet and if they are, which month should I look up?

• Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop
  • Country Livin'

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 May 2014, 19:48

CinnamonGirl wrote:Hi, are these items available yet and if they are, which month should I look up?

• Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop
  • Country Livin'

From what I've seen, it's not up (yet).

//EDIT

If I'm not mistaken, both these "sets" are included in the FarmLife.sims3pack, released in April 2013. @Admin, you might want to add that to April 2013, since that items is missing on the page.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 May 2014, 18:07

- Change menu style (And colour, if needed) FIXED!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2014, 19:26

The Last Prom set in January 2014 is corrupted according to my WinRAR Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2014, 20:16

Hello,
There doesn't seem to be a link for the complete month download of December 2012. You can still download every other piece individually, but it'd be nice if everything could be downloaded as a single file. sarcasticsuperherogirl, yes the file seems to be corrupt indeed, as my WinRar also gives an error message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 May 2014, 23:25

sarcasticsuperherogirl wrote:The Last Prom set in January 2014 is corrupted according to my WinRAR Sad
Hi there,

I've re-packed and re-uploaded that set. See if it works now.

jeremi wrote:Hello,
There doesn't seem to be a link for the complete month download of December 2012. You can still download every other piece individually, but it'd be nice if everything could be downloaded as a single file. sarcasticsuperherogirl, yes the file seems to be corrupt indeed, as my WinRar also gives an error message.
Ah, that's odd. Can you remind me tomorrow, to fix that? (Otherwise I might forget, and I'm now going to get some sleep)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 09:20

Hi!
Below are some links that doesn't work, it directed me to a 404 Not Found page.

- October 2010 Complete Month
- August 2011 Complete Month
- October 2011 Complete Month

If I found some more I'll let you guys know.
By the way, you guys are awesome! Thank you for all your hard work Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 May 2014, 21:05

SeraDK wrote:Hi!
Below are some links that doesn't work, it directed me to a 404 Not Found page.

- October 2010 Complete Month
- August 2011 Complete Month
- October 2011 Complete Month

If I found some more I'll let you guys know.
By the way, you guys are awesome! Thank you for all your hard work Smile
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting those! I'll try to have them fixed within two hours. Wink
And you're welcome, thank you for your patience with the Download Server.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 08:38

Hello guys!
I've noticed that Store Updates of February, March and April 2014 are not working - when I click the download button a new window appears with a lot of text.

Thanks for everything, you guys rock. :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Jun 2014, 23:21

yukkuri wrote:Hello guys!
I've noticed that Store Updates of February, March and April 2014 are not working - when I click the download button a new window appears with a lot of text.

Thanks for everything, you guys rock. :newfag:

Hello,

Can you try and right-click on the download links - and then choose "save target as..." ? Or try a different browser.

//EDIT

@Admin:

The SkylightStudioVenueSET is missing in the July 2013 update. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jun 2014, 16:53

Carlos wrote:@Admin:

The SkylightStudioVenueSET is missing in the July 2013 update. Smile  
Hi Carlos,

Thank you, I'll add it ASAP!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 07:23

Hi there. I went through from May 2013 through May 2014 since it's been a while(hangs head in shame). There were no files showing for May 2013 or Dec 2013. In Firefox, several months opened the file instead of downloading, but in Chrome they downloaded just fine. Oh and April 2014 doesn't have a "complete month" file but it's only 2 things, so no biggie, just making you aware.

Thanks for all you do to help keep us po'folk simming.  Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Jun 2014, 22:38

clm1971 wrote:Hi there. I went through from May 2013 through May 2014 since it's been a while(hangs head in shame). There were no files showing for May 2013 or Dec 2013. In Firefox, several months opened the file instead of downloading, but in Chrome they downloaded just fine. Oh and April 2014 doesn't have a "complete month" file but it's only 2 things, so no biggie, just making you aware.

Thanks for all you do to help keep us po'folk simming.  Hammertime
Hi there,

Thank you for your post! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Download Server. Wink

As for your comments: May and December 2013 have not been added yet, hence the empty pages. (See homepage for more information - Same for the "opening" files)
I probably didn't add a Complete Month download for April 2014, because there are just two files.

I hope that clears up! If not, let me know. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:36

May I also add that Sept 2011 links  is also missing along with May 2013 and December 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 05 Jul 2014, 20:46

Dlayne wrote:May I also add that Sept 2011 links  is also missing along with May 2013 and December 2013
Hi there,

Please read the homepage: www.games4theworlddownloads.org .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jul 2014, 23:00

Hello, I'm a little confused by the latest update to the site. It says that the August 2009 store items were added but no matter what link I use to go to the page it's still empty.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Jul 2014, 00:29

DuosAngel wrote:Hello, I'm a little confused by the latest update to the site. It says that the August 2009 store items were added but no matter what link I use to go to the page it's still empty.

Hello,

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2009/august2009.html

This page seems to be working fine for me...can you press F5 on your keyboard (even several times) and see if that makes a difference ? Also, can you press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE on your keyboard ? In your browser, a small window should show up. There, depending on what your browser is, can you choose "delete cookies" and "cache" too ? Confirm with OK and see if that improved anything.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jul 2014, 04:16

Carlos wrote:
DuosAngel wrote:Hello, I'm a little confused by the latest update to the site. It says that the August 2009 store items were added but no matter what link I use to go to the page it's still empty.

Hello,

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/store-2009/august2009.html

This page seems to be working fine for me...can you press F5 on your keyboard (even several times) and see if that makes a difference ? Also, can you press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE on your keyboard ? In your browser, a small window should show up. There, depending on what your browser is, can you choose "delete cookies" and "cache" too ? Confirm with OK and see if that improved anything.

Good luck !
I think clearing my cache and cookies are what did the trick. Thank you so much.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Jul 2014, 16:59

DuosAngel wrote:I think clearing my cache and cookies are what did the trick. Thank you so much.  Very Happy
Hi there,

Indeed, that's usually the issue: you're seeing an old, cached version of the webpage.
Glad you solved it though!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Aug 2014, 00:32

Another small update: the June 2014 store consists of the "World of Wonder set", and the July 2014 update has the "Brunch at the Old Mill set".

@Admin, you should have the .sims3packs already, but look here in case you don't:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17418-prism-art-studio-world-of-wonder-set-brunch-at-the-old-mill-set

The Sims Plumbob 1 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Aug 2014, 19:47

Is anyone else having trouble getting the website to load? I've tried it on 2 different browsers and I've cleared my cache/cookies but the website never loads.

Edit: Nevermind. I just tried it again and it's working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 04 Aug 2014, 01:04

FeliciaSueLynn wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting the website to load? I've tried it on 2 different browsers and I've cleared my cache/cookies but the website never loads.

Edit: Nevermind. I just tried it again and it's working.

Hello,

I noticed that too, and I'm not sure actually what is behind it. It can be a server/host-related issue, and/or "simply" higher traffic on the site. But yes, if you try again later, it should work. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top