Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 10 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 10 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by J.T. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:43

romantyke wrote:Hey guys !!!

Kabiru here. First I am glad for the store downloads to be back. Four agonizing months to finaly see thr light of peace.

I have my feedback. Here it is: most download links leads to a long page of codes and sadly no browsers in the whole world I ever tried to make them work with have ever made a change at all. Firefox? nope. Chrome? nope. Dolphin? nope. Flamingan Africa Browser? nope. Meteor Asia Browser? nope. and so much more... it is no use for now. So I have to wait until the end of your holidays to fix these links. cause I will never be able to play with these store bonuses. My backup from last marchhave been wiped out by some prank Kom played on me and my husband when we were cooking a meal he used to wince at... sigh...

please can you fix it when you are back?

Thanks!

regards. kabiru.
Hello,

I can download them via Chrome and Internet Explorer (I have tested at least 7 links to confirm). I am pretty sure it's the problem of your pc... Can you clear the browsing history and try downloading them via Chrome?

J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 10 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 01:07

hey thanks for replying.

sadly even by clearing history. or downloads history. changing settings. I did everything mate. nothing works. whether with a pc browser or with my husband's smartphone browser. to test whether it was my pc or my husband' s smartphone I asked to test with my little brothers and sisters pc apiece. my father's snartphone and pc. my mother's martphone and pc but nothing simply do the trick.

to be very sure as well I have uninstalled the browsers, reinstalled them. clearing the histories, he caches, the cookies of every machines. but to no avail.

I just cannot do anything. it is disappointing. my sons and me love the sims 3 and with the store stuff it was even more enjoyable since it made the whole game extremely realistic and full of real life topics. we are now deprived of it and somehow the fun is less enjoyable. Do not get me wrong. i am not there to complain or criticise at all. your website is the best one ever when it comes to the whole of the sims 3 world and I am extremely grateful of your generousity. ea games being greedy, you are the opposite. that makes you heroes for people having money limitations. our family is poor too. and you helped us out for so long.

we are really looking forward for a way to fix the links. but If you cannot, there may be still some ways for us to get the store stuff. i am sure we can. why not just try to send them to me by email links? or attached stuff? perhaps there are even more ways to settle that.

i trust you guys. i just need your help. i am not afraid of desperation. let us just find a way.

thanks in advance.

regards, kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 01:11

romantyke wrote:hey thanks for replying.

sadly even by clearing history. or downloads history. changing settings. I did everything mate. nothing works. whether with a pc browser or with my husband's smartphone browser. to test whether it was my pc or my husband' s smartphone I asked to test with my little brothers and sisters pc apiece. my father's snartphone and pc. my mother's martphone and pc but nothing simply do the trick.

to be very sure as well I have uninstalled the browsers, reinstalled them. clearing the histories, he caches, the cookies of every machines. but to no avail.

I just cannot do anything. it is disappointing. my sons and me love the sims 3 and with the store stuff it was even more enjoyable since it made the whole game extremely realistic and full of real life topics. we are now deprived of it and somehow the fun is less enjoyable. Do not get me wrong. i am not there to complain or criticise at all. your website is the best one ever when it comes to the whole of the sims 3 world and I am extremely grateful of your generousity. ea games being greedy, you are the opposite. that makes you heroes for people having money limitations. our family is poor too. and you helped us out for so long.

we are really looking forward for a way to fix the links. but If you cannot, there may be still some ways for us to get the store stuff. i am sure we can. why not just try to send them to me by email links? or attached stuff? perhaps there are even more ways to settle that.

i trust you guys. i just need your help. i am not afraid of desperation. let us just find a way.

thanks in advance.

regards, kabiru
Hello,

If you really want us to email links, we can help you. Just pm one of the helpers/moderators/administrators available or send an email to Games4theworld@hotmail.com. We will help you as soon as possible.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 01:28

thanks.

I have sent a email.

I will be looking forward to their helping hand.

really thanks mates.

kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 19:21

Would it be possible to throw all of the downloads into a torrent?
Just like the, "The Sims 3 Store updates 1 to 26 (Up to July 2011)" but from 27 and up?

My browser download speeds are low and Firefox often crashes while browsing your new downloads website. I'm sure it's a personal problem with my own computer, but it interrupts the downloads and I have to start all over.

I love this site and all the effort you put into it is amazing.
Is there any way us minions could help out Admin and team? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Aug 2013, 19:28

Cannibuhl wrote:
Just like the, "The Sims 3 Store updates 1 to 26 (Up to July 2011)" but from 27 and up?

My browser download speeds are low and Firefox often crashes while browsing your new downloads website. I'm sure it's a personal problem with my own computer, but it interrupts the downloads and I have to start all over.

Hello,

As already mentioned, the new site is far from finished, and the Admin is not available at the moment. Wink  He will return sometime next week, probably. You could write the Admin an e-mail about this, but keep in mind that - as he's not here - you will get a reply next week only.

Also, I'm not sure if this is going to happen, although the idea is nice. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 20:45

Carlos G. wrote:
Cannibuhl wrote:

Hello,

As already mentioned, the new site is far from finished, and the Admin is not available at the moment. Wink  He will return sometime next week, probably. You could write the Admin an e-mail about this, but keep in mind that - as he's not here - you will get a reply next week only.

Also, I'm not sure if this is going to happen, although the idea is nice. 

Shame on me for not reading back thoroughly. Razz
Thank you for the speedy reply!~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 05:43

On the links that are showing code when you click on them, these are .sims3pack files and most browsers try to open them instead of download them, not only on our site but others I have tried as well. The best way to get them is to right-click on the DL link and select "Save target as". This works on all browsers that I've tested (FF, Chrome, IE, etc).

If I can get Admins permission I will also see about hosting the files on a backup site that has slightly faster DL speeds and uses the push method for uncommon file types like .sims3pack and .package files.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 17:47

For anyone having incredibly slow download speeds,
as mentioned earlier by Joker, there is a program called Internet Download Manager that helps significantly.
I downloaded it last night and my horrific 3 hour or longer downloads shrunk to only a half hour!

Free 30 Day Trial Version - Internet Download Manager
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

Pirate Version - Internet Download Manager IDM 6.17 Build 8 Final
Censored

Moderator edit: please, no "Warez"-links. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 03:14

I don't know if its just me or what but I cannot get the website to load. Like, the homepage will load but I'll go to click on where I want to go (lets say Sims 3, store updates 2013, June) and it starts trying to connect but times out and gives me "The server at (url here since it wont let me post this with the url) is taking too long to respond."

=/ I'd like to download updates please.Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:41

Dracos66 wrote:The best way to get them is to right-click on the DL link and select "Save target as". This works on all browsers that I've tested (FF, Chrome, IE, etc).
Hi Dracos66,

Ah, good one. I'll put that one on the homepage!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:32

hi admin,
        all ur work is awesome but the mafia 2 is not working when i press on the mafia 2 it loads for a bit nothing loads and also the store updates february,may download link not working for me when i try to click on the link it appears my cursor like something to edit i dont know how exactly spell it for example when u just go on to something already written when u just move your mouse cursor on it the symbol comes is exactly it shows me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Sep 2013, 15:38

Hello,

You mean the "Mafia 2" page doesn't open at all?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:22

Jan- April 2013 loads. And the Neighbourhoods page loads. Everything else doesn't. Or where it says click here to download, there is nothing to click.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:28

ellisiva wrote:Jan- April 2013 loads. And the Neighbourhoods page loads. Everything else doesn't. Or where it says click here to download, there is nothing to click.
 Not everything has been uploaded yet so there will be some blank areas for now. Admin is doing his best to get everything up but it does take time and like all of us he has a RL he has to tend to, so please bear with us. We are also looking at other options to get these to you, but like I said, it does take a bit of time.

Please keep checking back and we promise to fill your Sims fix with everything you need. Wink
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:53

Dracos66 wrote: (...) to fill your Sims fix with everything you need. Wink
Wat?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 19:11

Admin wrote:
Wat?

LOL I used to counsel addicts and "Fix" is part of their vocabulary meaning Need/Want/Desire. Trollemote
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 00:55

Dracos66 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Wat?
LOL I used to counsel addicts and "Fix" is part of their vocabulary meaning Need/Want/Desire. Trollemote
Awesome Emote
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 18:20

Dracos66 wrote:
ellisiva wrote:Jan- April 2013 loads. And the Neighbourhoods page loads. Everything else doesn't. Or where it says click here to download, there is nothing to click.
 Not everything has been uploaded yet so there will be some blank areas for now. Admin is doing his best to get everything up but it does take time and like all of us he has a RL he has to tend to, so please bear with us. We are also looking at other options to get these to you, but like I said, it does take a bit of time.

Please keep checking back and we promise to fill your Sims fix with everything you need. Wink
I thought that's what it must be Very Happy Just thought that if I posted and it was a mistake then at least you know about it. I'm a very patient person (having been a forum admin I know what it's like Wink ) Many thanks for everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:44

Dracos66 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Wat?
Hi there,

Oh well. I'm not familiar with that specific vocabulary, that's probably it. Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 21:15

good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:15

Hi everyone, not sure if I a m posting this in the right section but... I tried downloading some store stuff, and just wanted to report that the link for the Toyota set (feb. 2011) is not working.
I tried getting it from the complete month dl ( got a "currupted file" on dezipping) and separately, it does not work in both cases.

thanks for everything you do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:26

Megharasims wrote:Hi everyone, not sure if I a m posting this in the right section but... I tried downloading some store stuff, and just wanted to report that the link for the Toyota set (feb. 2011) is not working.
I tried getting it from the complete month dl ( got a "currupted file" on dezipping) and separately, it does not work in both cases.

thanks for everything you do!
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know!
What happens if you download the separate file? Does it actually finish the download?

If so, did you try extracting it using WinRAR and NO other software?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:39

thank you for your quick reply!

I can't dl the set separately: when I click on the link, a page with this
"���TS3PackW�� 1.4 0.0.0.10 0.0.0.0 ToyotaSet3 ToyotaSet3 0x5979eed37d4f4e0e86c40583d9377688 12/23/2010 14:15:13 1 1.5.0.009000 0x050cffe800000000050cffe800000000 " opens (there is much more on the page but did not copy everything...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:40

Hello,

Read the yellow warning on the homepage, please. That should do the trick.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 18:49

yes admin not working for me sir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 19:17

ok, tried it and it worked! (I feel like a total noob... -_-' )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top