Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes Empty Re: World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 06:02

SoMuchDopeSmoke wrote:World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes Ac6b65db981db99f818fa3f03d3408f0

Hello,

Can you try updating your graphics drivers, first of all ?

Also, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder The Sims 3, into anything you like. Just change this folder's name. This will temporarily disable all your (possibly) corrupted savefiles, cache files and possibly incompatible mods/CC.

Re-start the game, start a fresh savegame and play on.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes Empty Re: World freezes but diamond still spins and when i first load the game to place sim in house the world has blackholes

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 17:22

did both and i still had the same issues

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Feb 2014, 02:06

SoMuchDopeSmoke wrote:did both and i still had the same issues

Now, have a look at this here and do all steps (except #1, since you did that already)

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch then. Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version...

But again, do all other steps in there too. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 08:23

oh it will fer sure werk coz i'm 64-bit thanks mane

//EDIT

still opened and nothing has changed after i did the 4 GB patch besides maybe loading a bit faster

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Feb 2014, 18:25

SoMuchDopeSmoke wrote:oh it will fer sure werk coz i'm 64-bit thanks mane

//EDIT

still opened and nothing has changed after i did the 4 GB patch besides maybe loading a bit faster

Can you please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message ?

Beyond that, there isn't really much left to suggest. Try re-doing the steps from #2 to #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't work either, then un-install the base game and re-boot the computer. If you downloaded the base game from another uploader, re-download the G4TW version. Then re-install the base game.

After that, re-do these "steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned" above. Good luck again, but that's it now....
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top