Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Dec 2014, 14:38

First topic message reminder :

*** Please note that the contest is over now ! ***

Hello you,

Yes, YOU ! And by that I mean you, the average "visitor" of Games4TheWorld, who doesn't have a special rank and/or fancy username color. The following is meant only for "normal" users on this forum.

As an event for Christmas 2014 on the forum, I am giving away 3 legit Origin serial numbers for "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". Yes, you heard correctly. But please note that this "Limited Edition" does not have all the DLC that are included in G4TW's pirated version. For more details, see this here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-4-Limited-Pc/dp/B00EFRN2IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417609562&sr=8-1&keywords=sims+4+limited+edition

Well, as you might have already imagined, you also need to do something to get those serial numbers. Very Happy  But first things first - the general rules of this contest are:

-------------------------------------------

1.) You MUST have a forum account to participate in this and any future contest(s). If you don't have an account (yet), feel free to register here. If you don't want to register - for whatever reason - you are NOT eligible for participating. Sorry.

2.) As mentioned, users with a "special rank" are NOT eligible for participating and obtaining the prizes. This includes Administrators, Moderators, The Sims Helpers, Helpers, VIPs, Developers, and also extends to any users with honorary rank titles, such as "Entertainers", "Masters of Arts", etc. This giveaway is only for users with no special rank - the "average Joe" if you want.

3.) Please contact the Admin via e-mail, to submit your replies. Use ONLY THIS LINK HERE and nothing else:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/profile?mode=email&u=2

All other "modes of communication" (private messaging, Facebook, Twitter,...) do NOT count. I repeat, you MUST use this e-mail link I just posted to forward your replies, and nothing else. 

4.) In order to obtain the prize, ALL tasks (see below for "task descriptions") must be solved correctly. Not one single mistake should be made. If you don't have (all) correct answers, don't submit a reply, because your reply will not count. Wink

5.) Since there are 3 serial keys to give away, ONLY the first 3 e-mails that have 100% correct replies, and reach the inbox of the Admin, are the winners. Any other e-mail sent after that is null and void. This means for YOU: the faster you get the tasks done and the sooner you send your reply to the Admin via e-mail, the greater your chances of being among the first three will be. Very Happy

6.) Every user is eligible for obtaining ONE serial number only. Cheaters will be disqualified.

7.) I strongly advise you to keep in mind the "deadline bar" called COUNTDOWN, at the end of the post. The (theoretically) last possibility to send in a reply is the 24th of December 2014, 23:59:59 Central European Time Zone (GMT + 1). Any reply sent after that is null and void. In order to give you another help to "see" how much time you still have, check out the calendar here. The last day of the giveaway (24th of December, Central European Time) is clearly marked there. And I will also put up another "world clock", for you to see what time it is in the Central European Time Zone right now.

8.) Although it is me who provides the serial codes, the actual grading and evaluating of the replies is done by both Administrators alongside the other Moderators, to ensure neutrality and objectivity. 

---------------------------------------

So these are the basic rules. Now let's move on to what you need to do in order to get the serials. Here comes the task descriptions. Very Happy

1.) "Retrieve the ghosts"

In this task, you must focus on the section "The Sims 3" on our forum. 

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 IsaCUpF

So what you see in this small picture. You must focus on ALL of these sub-forums that deal in one way or another with The Sims 3. Again, forget about the other parts of the forum, and only focus on The Sims 3. This does NOT include the Mac section !!! Again, this is ONLY the Windows (PC) section for The Sims 3.

Next, check all my posts that were written during June, July and August 2014, that are in this Sims 3 section. Again, ONLY my posts, and only from this specific time period.

In all these posts, I have hidden 12 pictures, like this one here:

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Lpn47spyze8t

There are a total of 12 such pictures, in 12 different posts. One picture per post. And again, focus only on the timeframe I posted above, and only on my posts. IGNORE the posts from any other users. And you must find them all. Very Happy  To provide a correct link to a post (which you'll need to do in order to send a correct reply), please click here first and then copy the URL of the post that shows up in your browser URL mask. Example:

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 TtHU6kR

Click on a post title as shown in "1" and then you should get a URL of a post, with a specific number, see "2" in the screenshot. The whole URL shown as in "2" is the direct link to a post. 

And you must find ALL 12 posts that contain that picture, to solve the task. 

2.) "Judgement day"

Staying in the same section and the same time period, you will NOW need to find FOUR HIDDEN GIVEAWAY QUESTIONS, embedded in all my posts (again during June, July & August 2014, and only in the section "The Sims 3"). The giveaway questions are marked as such, and not only will you need to find all of them, but you will also need to answer ALL 4 questions correctly to solve the task.

Most of the questions are "open-ended", in the sense that there might be more than 1 correct answer. As long as your answer is correct though (whichever "way" you choose in approaching the questions), it will be counted.

The questions deal with general judgement concerning the forum - things like posting conventions and handling certain situations that may arise. At this point though, I don't want to go too much into detail about them, since it's up to you to find and reply to them. Very Happy

However, what I can tell you is that with these (mostly hypothetical) questions, you will certainly need some degree of creativity, argumentation skills and "out-of-the-box-thinking". Besides, you should also familiarize yourself with the general structure and "posting conventions" on the forum.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation  Some extra notes that might help you  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

1)  Keep in mind this countdown here - it shows how much time you have for submitting a reply:

And this here is a world clock, showing the current time in the Central European Time Zone. You can hover (or click) into any other part of the world, on the map, to compare times. AGAIN, note that the 24th of December 2014, 23:59:59 Central European Time Zone (GMT +1) is the theoretically last chance to submit a reply.

2) I suggest - if you are really serious of tackling the tasks - that you look VERY CLOSELY at my posts (from that specific time period I mentioned). Very Happy 

3) As for the questions, if the need arises, I will think about providing hints to the solutions, in this thread. But if you need to refer to a specific question, just mention the NUMBER of the question only, and nothing about any details of the question. So only mention "question number #1, #2, #3 or #4", without any further details, and then I'll see about that. But don't expect too much "help" from me (or any other team member) - basically it's up to you to find the questions and reply to them correctly.

4) If you see a post with a picture like this:

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 GfRf41R

Then it means that a picture is not showing correctly. To ensure that you are not missing a post with a potential "ghost" picture (see above), I'd suggest you try refreshing the page with F5 on your keyboard, even several times. And if it doesn't work, bookmark the page, and try again LATER. But this shouldn't happen; as of now, all 12 ghost pictures are showing up correctly. You "only" need to find them all.

5) I also suggest you conduct your search systematically: instead of focusing on all TS3-subforums at once, you might want to go step-by-step, focussing on e.g. "The Sims 3 in-game support" at first. And when you're completely done with that, go on with the next sub-forum, and so on.

And that's it from me - I wish you all good luck, and I hope you'll have lots of "fun" with the tasks.   Twisted Evil  Laughing  Razz

P.S. should anything be unclear to you, regarding the rules or if you have general questions about this, feel free to post in this thread.

ONCE AGAIN: SEND ALL YOUR REPLIES VIA THIS E-MAIL LINK ONLY. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER MODES OF COMMUNICATION LIKE FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR PRIVATE MESSAGING.

I REPEAT, ONLY  THE E-MAIL LINK I PROVIDED; AND NOTHING ELSE   Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

//EDIT

Hello again,

Due to an unexpected technical issue with the 4 hidden question, they did not show up for "normal" users (only for me and other "special ranks").

I've corrected that now - the 4 hidden questions should show up now. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_biggrin  

Please also note that EA hasn't even released a MAC-compatible version of Sims 4 yet. These serials I am giving away only work for Windows, sorry.

And: the 4 "hidden" questions are simply marked as "giveaway questions". You must look (very) closely at my posts (during that time period) to find them. Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_wink  

Last edited by Carlos on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 12:46; edited 3 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 11 Dec 2014, 19:14

dragonracer3 wrote:ps Admin (or whoever does the code-y business.  I love the X-mas decor (mouse pointers and lights n all that.)
Hi there,

Thanks, I like them too!
Especially the snow creates a warm Christmas spirit.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Dec 2014, 22:15

Although it's clear anyway, I'd like to emphasize again:

To those who sent in an e-mail, please stay on standby, as we will announce the winner(s) on 25th of December. The winner(s) will then be sent PMs, with the serial number - and again, it would be nice too, if the winner(s) posted in this thread too, saying that the serial works, and maybe a small "thank you" too. Razz 

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 02:17

so all the ones you have posted in last? or just in general you made a post in?

also are the picture per topic? like if i found one picture in support topic could there be another there? or can i stop looking there and move to another topic

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Dec 2014, 03:49

shalese08 wrote:so all the ones you have posted in last? or just in general you made a post in?

also are the picture per topic? like if i found one picture in support topic could there be another there? or can i stop looking there and move to another topic

Again, as stated in my opening post.. Smile

1) all my posts in the section "The Sims 3"
2) written during June/July/August 2014

And no, the pictures are PER POST, not per topic. So yes, it is possible that there may be more than one picture in one and the same topic. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 04:12

ok Wow so baicly i need to look at EVERY post between jun-aug regaurdless if it was posted by you or if you just posted to help someone....welp i have alot of scrolling to do lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:27

Four hours later and I've found 11 ghosts and three questions... my eyes are burning... I think I'll try again tomorrow. This is fun though!

//Edit: Still searching for that last ghost and Q #2. Still running into questions and ghosts I've already found. Is Q #2 hiding out with a ghost?? WhatDidUJustCallMe?
//Edit: FOUND THE LAST QUESTION! Now for that ghost...

Last edited by reichenbastard on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:25; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 15:06

ikr.....i make this face -_- every timei see a fake ghost lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 16:42

can't seem to find any questions so far (or maybe i missed them lol orz)

are they in a spoiler, hidden really well or does it say that its a giveaway question very explicitly? confused

//edit

left with 1 more ghost and question 2!!! @@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:56

3 pictures and 2 questions to go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Dec 2014, 04:20

This felt like either a refresher course on how big this place is and what the rules are or an secret search to hire someone new. Either way, that was intense and if I've haven't mentioned it here yet ('cause I know I do on facebook and twitter), then by goodness do I appreciate the work you all put into this.

Good luck everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Dec 2014, 06:20

2 pictures one question left cant find them ive searched every topic and sub-topic over the last 4 days and still i didnt find the last 3 things i need, not sure if question 2 is hidden differently than the other 3 but this is actually kinda hard i really hope there arent any winners yet

Found question 2 and 1 more pic left! yay!   Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Dec 2014, 23:48

glitchee030 wrote:can't seem to find any questions so far (or maybe i missed them lol orz)

are they in a spoiler, hidden really well or does it say that its a giveaway question very explicitly? confused

//edit

left with 1 more ghost and question 2!!! @@

As mentioned, you must look closely at my posts, and then you will find the questions too. Wink  

reichenbastard wrote:This felt like either a refresher course on how big this place is and what the rules are or an secret search to hire someone new. Either way, that was intense and if I've haven't mentioned it here yet ('cause I know I do on facebook and twitter), then by goodness do I appreciate the work you all put into this.

Good luck everyone!

Glad to hear that you like(d) it. Very Happy  And no, those questions partially deal with stuff that is relevant mainly for Moderators. And I can tell you that new Moderators in all likelihood won't be appointed anytime soon again. Besides, we wouldn't use a contest like that to "look for hidden talents"; instead, we would very closely evaluate prospective candidates, who are on active staff duty already on here.

The fact that people manage to answer those 4 questions correctly impresses me personally, and to some extent I'm also proud of those people who managed to do that. Razz  But using this contest "as a secret search to hire someone new" was never my (or anybody else's) intention, and will never be done on here. 

In another (future) contest, the overarching theme of the quiz questions may be totally different; who knows ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 00:02

one last ghost woo! and wow question 2 is really a good one but the questions weren't as hard as i anticipated, actually finding them was much more difficult lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Dec 2014, 02:49

shalese08 wrote:one last ghost woo! and wow question 2 is really a good one but the questions weren't as hard as i anticipated, actually finding them was much more difficult lol

Good for you. Very Happy  

Yes, each question, taken by itself, might look easy. But the challenge is to get ALL tasks right. Remember the opening post ? Not one mistake is to be made. 

I'll give you a hint now: I've seen QUITE a number of replies that only have one single mistake, be it either with the pictures, but mostly, one of the 4 questions was not answered correctly. Note that no specific question was "problematic"; those who "lost" already either had issues with questions #1, or #2, or #3 or even #4.

Yes, it's nice that all other tasks are right, but that doesn't matter for this contest anymore. According to policy you're out if you even make one mistake. 

I was thinking of doing it differently in the next contest; maybe I'll introduce a points-system, and the winners will be determined according to how many points they have achieved ? That would allow a little bit of leeway with regards to making mistakes. But let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 03:38

Good luck people!!!
(( ninja))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 06:51

Do you know if anyone has gotten the correct answers yet? I just submitted mine, but I'm worried I was too late. Sad

Also, what will happen if you don't get three 100% correct entries by the deadline?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Dec 2014, 19:29

kookiekween99 wrote:Do you know if anyone has gotten the correct answers yet? I just submitted mine, but I'm worried I was too late. Sad

Also, what will happen if you don't get three 100% correct entries by the deadline?

I have looked at the replies so far, but I'm not going to give anything away at this point. There are still a bit more than 2 days to go, until the final announcement. Wink  What I can tell you though is this:

With a few of the tasks (especially question #2, and to some extent also question #4), you have a bit of "leeway" in answering them. Which basically means that there may be more than just one correct reply. I want to wait until the deadline; after all, there may be a last-minute reply which has "better" solutions to these questions, than all those who sent in replies before that ?

Also, I'll repeat it again: there will be a surprise on the 25th of December; something which I didn't mention in the opening post here. Very Happy

Again: stay tuned, all of you.

//EDIT

Sorry, forgot about that before: in case there aren't "enough" correct replies by the end of the deadline, I'll just keep the leftover key(s). Wink   
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Dec 2014, 20:03

Carlos wrote:Sorry, forgot about that before: in case there aren't "enough" correct replies by the end of the deadline, I'll just keep the leftover key(s). Wink   
Is that your surprise? WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:13

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation The contest is over - thank you all for participating  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Let me at first tell you that it already speaks volumes, that you - who have sent in a reply with actual solutions - volunteered to do that. No matter what the outcome may be now, you can be proud of yourselves. 

Let me at first tell you what the SURPRISE is I had in mind. Remember the opening post ? I said I was giving away 3 serial numbers as prizes. I am now extending this, since it's Christmas, to 5 (five) serial numbers. Yes, you heard right. Smile  And that increases the range of winners, but first things first.

I'll now post the solutions to all the tasks:

I.) "Retrieve the ghosts". 

Your task was to find 12 ghost pictures, in all posts written by me, in the section "The Sims 3", during the months of June + July + August 2014. Here goes:

The Sims 3 in-game support:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17261-my-game-is-frozen-kind-of-in-buy-mode#118804

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes-closed#119648

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17462p40-possible-issues-with-store-fixes-closed#120035

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17456-grandma-s-canning-station-not-working#119762

--------------------------------

The Sims 3 downloads support (PC):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17588-error-during-startup-solved#120496

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17103-critter-comforts-forest-bedroom#117995

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16948-error-during-startup#117458

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17635-i-m-completely-stumped-on-applying-the-manual-patch-solved#121031

-------------------------------

The Sims 3 chit-chat:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16994-sims-3-farming-challenge-with-a-twist#117524

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17423-the-sims-3-final-store-release-august-2014#119493

The Sims 3 Exchange - Sims:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14850-eva-gallegos#120649

The Sims 3 Exchange - Buymode objects:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17507-last-venue-of-amore-ghastly-manor-grandpa-s-grove-country-livin-renaissance-venue-the-now-then-century-manors#119958

II.) "Judgement day" 

1)
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17479-the-sims-3-has-stopped-working#119831

This is #1, and the solution to the question would be something along the lines of PMing the user, pointing him/her to the correct forum section. Alternatively, you can post directly in that thread, so that the user will read the reply (especially useful for those who don't read the PM, because they don't know how to open the PM inbox, lol). And then you delete your reply and the question from that thread, once the user posts in the correct section. All of those who won, sent in variations of this "method", which is fine with me. Smile

2)
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16260-isabella-de-santis#120623

This one is #2, and seemingly harder. Possible solutions to that would be that in the thread, there are only "thank you"-posts, hence one could assume that questions do not belong there. Another alternative could be that there are already special sub-forums for questions. Again, all of those who won wrote "similar" replies, which are OK too. This is one of the questions where you had some "leeway", so to speak.

I saw replies though that said "you can close the topic". But that is TOTALLY wrong, sorry to those who wrote that. That "solution" is not even close to what would be considered correct. The question was to find ARGUMENTS as to why posting questions is not allowed there. The question was NOT "what can be done instead of posting here". I know that I can lock the thread, but this was NOT the task. A fine line, that should not be crossed.  Twisted Evil   Very Happy  

3)
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17290-guide-horses-riding-and-competitions#118865

As for question #3 (probably the simplest question of all), the correct answer would be "The Sims 3 Downloads Support (PC)", here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f38-the-sims-3-downloads-support-pc

I saw a reply saying "The Sims 3 in-game support", and that's incorrect. 

4)
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929p40-registry-helper-closed#118229

The last question: 
1) At first, you suggest to re-apply the latest manual patch + Ultimate fix
2) Second comes the thing with the mods
3) Third is the GameBooster
4) And last is the thing with the hardware failure

That would be the perfect solution. At first, you should make sure that the general framework (correct patch + crack AND compatible mods) is present. That's why you suggest at first to apply the patch + crack, and then suggest the thing with the mods.

If you suggest GameBooster as a second option, it's not optimal. Because the user could have incompatible mods, right ? Sure, you can suggest focussing on the mods AFTER GameBooster too, but then you will have "lost a tempo", so-to-speak. And you would need a third step to fix the problem. If you focussed straight away at the mods, you would have been at step #2. If you really want to focus on GameBooster first, it would actually be more logical to suggest GameBooster as step #1, and THEN go on with manual patch/Ultimate fix (step #2), and then the mods (step #3).

Basically this is it, in terms of solutions. Now to the point: The 5 winners of the contest are:

- kookiekween99

- dragonracer3

- shante090

- Rosellee

- Triavalon

Congratulations to you 5. Smile  You have passed the test with 100% correct replies. I will at first send you an e-mail, asking you if you are still alive here. If you confirm that you are here and have not forgotten the contest, I will send the serial numbers straight away (probably via e-mail too, unless you want them via PM on the forum). Don't worry, you will not (really) lose the prize, unless you don't get back to me via e-mail at all (lol).

I saw quite a number of users that only had one mistake, which is sad of course, but according to policy (see opening post) you are uneligible for claiming the main prize, however, I'd still like to ask those who did not win to stick around for a little while, still. The Admin may have an "extra". But I don't really know any details about that. I'll leave it to him to post here. Very Happy  

I also have a small extra for those who did not win: you are invited to participate in any future contests by me. This means for the winners - and this is the only bad news I have today - that the winners are not eligible in participating in future contests.

I'd like to ask you, Rosellee, Triavalon, shante090, kookiekween99 and dragonracer3, NOT to participate in future contests (and do not cheat either, please Razz ). Seriously though, I think it is only fair. Other people should get a chance to win a game too. I wouldn't want to give you a prize again, in a future contest.

Basically, that's all I had in mind to say. If any of you wishes to say anything or give feedback on the contest, feel free to do so in this thread. I will now also say this here: no hate please. I don't want to hear things like "I did not understand the task(s)". I ALSO said in the opening post that besides my willingness (to some extent) to give actual hints to the solutions, you were ALSO allowed to ask general questions in this thread of course. If you really didn't understand something, you should have simply asked. Some people in this thread did ask, and I made my best effort to get back to those users as quickly and as thoroughly as I could.

Was the contest too easy/too hard or just right ? What about the searching component - with the 12 pictures ? I saw some comments on Facebook, indicating that this was a lot of posts to sift through. Actually, this "search area" is/was VERY small; nothing compared to what I had in mind originally, lol. 

Let's hear whatever you have to say (or not). Very Happy  

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 01:25; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:40

Well, I yelled so loud that my cat nearly pooed himself. He desperately wants to be an outdoor cat now and I desperately want my desktop to boot up. So ultra super excited! The fifth winner though, that was just... dang... Thank you sooooo much!!

The contest took a lot of work, but that did help keep the winners from all just being the ones who saw the post first. I actually literally spent my entire evening on the contest, and that was even with using keyboard shortcuts to close and navigate the pages faster. A bigger time range would have been... I probably would have given up actually.

And, for the technicals, the code did work perfectly and of course I won't enter more contests.

Last edited by Triavalon on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:45

Triavalon wrote:

Well, I yelled so loud that my cat nearly pooed himself. He desperately wants to be an outdoor cat now and I desperately want my desktop to boot up. So ultra super excited! The fifth winner though, that was just... dang... Thank you sooooo much!!

And, for the technicals, the code did work perfectly and of course I won't enter more contests.

Just because I mentioned your name "last", it doesn't mean you sent in your reply as #5. In fact, (I think I said it already), I won't be giving details on the order of the entries. Smile

That said, I'm happy to hear it works. I hope you'll have lots of fun with your game ! Very Happy  bounce  

Congratulations again. Wink  

//EDIT

To all other winners: I will also be sending you the serials. Please stay tuned, and I would appreciate it, if you also posted in this thread and said something Razz  (kookiekween, I also sent you the mail already).

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:49; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:48

*fist bumps the air* Just got my email! I'm out and about right now, but I'll definitely try it when I get home. Although I wonder, do I have to uninstall the pirate version first? I'm not quite sure how Origin works, to be honest.

Feedback about the contest: I thought it was just the right amount of work for what it was. Though I think it would be better termed a scavenger hunt than a contest. Knowing how forums work in general definitely helped. It was hard and kind of a pain in the butt, but the way I see it, it took me about three hours to find everything and another half an hour to answer the questions, and considering the usual cost of the game ($60), it was basically like working for $17/hour, which is a lot more than I usually make. So the time and energy was worth it to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Dec 2014, 00:51

kookiekween99 wrote:*fist bumps the air* Just got my email! I'm out and about right now, but I'll definitely try it when I get home. Although I wonder, do I have to uninstall the pirate version first? I'm not quite sure how Origin works, to be honest.

Feedback about the contest: I thought it was just the right amount of work for what it was. Though I think it would be better termed a scavenger hunt than a contest. Knowing how forums work in general definitely helped. It was hard and kind of a pain in the butt, but the way I see it, it took me about three hours to find everything and another half an hour to answer the questions, and considering the usual cost of the game ($60), it was basically like working for $17/hour, which is a lot more than I usually make. So the time and energy was worth it to me.

I would un-install the pirated version, yes, and then re-boot the computer, to avoid any potential complications (not so much with Origin itself, but rather with the correct functioning of the game). And thank you very much for your feedback on the tasks ! Very Happy  

Congratulations to you too, again. Smile  

To all winners again: don't type the serial in; instead, simply copy + paste the serial from the mail, into the Origin prompt.

//EDIT

I've now sent out all e-mails to the 5 winners. Those who didn't do so yet (Rosellee, shante090 and dragonracer3) do post back on here if everything works as it should. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Dec 2014, 01:58

Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Sims410

Serial works!  Tea 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Dec 2014, 02:00

kookiekween99 wrote:Christmas 2014 giveaway contest: "The Sims 4 Limited Edition". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Sims410

Serial works!  Tea 5

Lovely ! Razz  

Tea 4
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Dec 2014, 11:36

OH WOW, that's so amazing! Such a great Christmas present! Thank you for this wonderful contest! I haven't checked out the key yet but as soon as I know if it works (i.e. when I get back home), I'll let you know. For now, I just wanted to say thank you! I love you

// EDIT: One more thing - I really enjoyed the contest! It wasn't overwhelming nor boring. I'd say it was educative and fun! So again, thank you for that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Dec 2014, 12:08

shante090 wrote:OH WOW, that's so amazing! Such a great Christmas present! Thank you for this wonderful contest! I haven't checked out the key yet but as soon as I know if it works (i.e. when I get back home), I'll let you know. For now, I just wanted to say thank you! I love you

// EDIT: One more thing - I really enjoyed the contest! It wasn't overwhelming nor boring. I'd say it was educative and fun! So again, thank you for that. Very Happy

Congratulations to you too. Smile

And yes, I'm glad to hear you liked it. Very Happy  I really wanted to add in a component where you really needed to think about stuff - and hence learn about it. This component will also be present in future contests - in one form or the other.

//EDIT

It's OK, do post back, when you get to it. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top