Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again Empty Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 06:49

Hi guys,

I cannot install any sims3 custom content via the launcher.

"Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again"

I just finished a clean install from nothing, installed every expansion packs and stuff packs. My patch is 1.48.

I have been trying to fix it with decrapifier from many distributors but it works only from the files which are released from EA not custom content by simmers.

So I have no idea what might be my problem since other people on 1.48 can still install those files.

Thank you in advance,

Back to top Go down

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again Empty Re: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 14:47

Well, some content are corrupt so they cannot be properly installed. Personally, I would suggest downloaded CC which are not from EA, only from some VERY trusted uploaders, as bad CC can cause lag, game issues and many more unpleasant things.

Also, you could try to install the CC by extracting the .package files within the .Sims3Packs. For that, you will need a program called Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter. Google it and you'll find it. After extracting it, just install it in the .package form (which means place them in the package folder under "Mods")

Good luck and post back if you have any issues.

Back to top Go down

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again Empty Re: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:01

I did try Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter and others.

They can only make all official sims3 packs released by EA work.

They cannot make any exchanged custom content files work.

It is just weird. You have any idea?

Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 13:22

Well as I said, some CC created by players are just bad. Since decrapify didn't work too, I don't know what else to suggest. I have used TSR CC before, but deleted them later on, cause they were making my game very laggy.

However, one last thing I would try is the CC Magic. Try and install the content with CC Magic and see how it works. Note that Worlds, Sims, Lots and some Patterns are not advised to be installed with CC Magic. Try installing some objects with it and see how it goes.

Post back with your results and good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 02 Feb 2013, 13:30

Hello,

Custom content in sims3pack format can be processed by delphy's multi pack extractor, it's no problem at all. CCMagic doesn't process official (encrypted) store content but it does any other sims3pack.
If the problematic sims3packs came from the exchange, that could be the issue. We don't know why a significant portion of exchange material won't install and the problem doesn't appear to be limited to cracked games.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 19:58

Can anyone help me clear my doubt?

For example I cannot install this one no matter how it install it.

This is the exchange page.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4174365

Here is the file.

http://llnw.thesims3.com/4174365.Sims3Pack

I am pretty sure this file is not broken or damage.

Could you please download the file above to test for me with the newest 1.48 patch and see if it works?

Thank you again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 20:28

Actually, I have a similar problem.

I recently downloaded a lot from the exchange and while I had all the CC installed for it to work, items would be missing in my game and would just be replaced by other objects (like the front door was a CC from the Store which I have installed, but it wouldn't appear on the lot until I manually put it)

Exchange is known to have these issues with files, it's best if you don't download stuff from there unless you know the creator very very well and can trust his uploads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top