Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED] Empty Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 21:21

Before you tell me to install store fixes or ultimate fix, i've already tried it. In fact i've already tried unninstaling everything, decrapifying, etc... I've been trying to install the neighborhoods for a really long time. Can anybody help me?

Back to top Go down

Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Nov 2016, 21:27

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Did you download them from here?
If you didn't, you may want to try those Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 21:36

hi, i already tried those, i tried the ones on thesimarchitect's store pack, i tried other sites, none of them worked. Oh, also, the icons in the launcher are cardboard boxes and some are marked as "Objects".

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Nov 2016, 22:06

Hmm... 
I do know that there's an error in simarchitects pack, he told me about it a while back Sad
Well, that you have tried ours as well complicated matters, but lets see... 
Sometimes it can be a problem with the caches, have you tried clearing them? Basically you go into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, and delete all of the cachefiles in there, and empty the folder "installedworlds" while you're at it. You will have to reinstall any worlds that were previously installed and working, so you may want to make a backup of that particular folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 22:08

i've already tried cleaning the caches before but it didn't work, i can't clean my installedworlds folder, since i don't have any installed due to the error.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Nov 2016, 22:44

Ok, try a clean folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, a.k.a. rename or remove the "The Sims 3" folder for the time being (don't delete it, just move it some place else or rename it), and let the launcher generate a new one and try again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 22:50

I tried it but it didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Nov 2016, 23:01

Ok, There is a method you could try that is a little more work. Basically, you'll install those worlds manually. Probably best to start with just 1 of the sims3packs, to see if it works.
The instructions are on the bottom of this page. Obviously you can skip the part where they tell you to decrap the files, since any sims3pack you got from our site has already been decrapped, and you used the tools yourself as well.

I hope it works, please keep us posted. I'll be going offline soon.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 23:12

thanks, just what i needed. i'm really feeling it. PS: does it work for non-world sims3packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016, 00:21

For some odd reason the sims3packs actually installed when i tried to when the game was open. Weird. Well, thanks anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 30 Nov 2016, 12:02

Well, at least it worked in the end Smile
Don't hesitate to post if you have problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top