Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SimCity 5 always online

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SimCity 5 always online Empty SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 23:25

Hi there, sorry if this is in the wrong area but I'm not really a forum user. I am not requesting SimCity, I know it is already on the list but was looking to see if it is actually possible for it to be uploaded.

The new SimCity game states to have put in a lot of effort to prevent piracy, one being the always-online feature and needing an origin account. Do you think you'll be able to get around this? I have been counting the days to March 5th and really hope it can be done.

Thanks

Frosty

Back to top Go down

SimCity 5 always online Empty Re: SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 01:13

From what I understand, even in single player mode the files will be on the EA servers. So unfortunately I don't think it will be possible. I really hope I'm wrong. The hacking/cracking community has surprised me before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 09:14

I expect it will be like Anno 2070 where some features willl be playable but due to not being able to connect online, some features will be disabled

However

Till the crackers can get hold of the game and do their magic no one can be sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 20:20

I would understand not being able to play with others. I can live without that, even if I bought the game I wouldn't be playing with people. I just did some research and found this:

"EA has since clarified to GameSpy Origin was only required in ordee to “start playing the game,” even if it wasn’t the service players purchased it from. Players will also not be kicked out of the game should they lose internet service."

I think that means you only need to register online, but don't necessarily need internet to play. This would be great news! I really really want this game.

Plus: G4TW hasn't outlined the request in red, perhaps they have an idea for making it playable - I certainly hope so anyway.

Admin: Do you have any ideas yet (I know you haven't seen it yet but still)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 21:05

Hello,

I don't know, we'll have to wait I guess.
For example, the Skidrow cracking team was able to crack ACII too - which was "uncrackable", as Ubisoft stated.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 21:09

Well I desperately await March 5th, no pressure but I am really looking forward to this game! And there is no way I can afford the price they're asking for

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 12:34

As with some mmorpgs there are private servers. Maybe something similar is possible with sc5?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 20:19

Hopefully, I have 100% faith (and a lot of hope) in the cracking team... Like with Sims 3 Showtime, that had an online feature. For like a month, as expected that didn't work, but then suddenly it did, I now play The Sims with 100% online functionality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 20:33

I really really REALLY hope you guys will be able to find a solution. I was just on origin the other day and seen that it was $60 - $80. That's completely outrageous in my opinion. I own all the Sims 3 and their expansions and none of them are anywhere near that price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:21

u can play the new simcity offline aswell they stated that in the podcast u need internet for online activation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:28

I think this will be difficult if not impossible to crack properly. They have stated that the game is an online only game in all of their releases and specifically stated that there is no offline play. Saved games are not saved on your computer but rather on their servers. Challenges and economy is based on the surrounding online cities. If you are playing a game and lose internet connection for more than a minute or so the game shuts down.

I would like to see the podcast that kidrock mentions because that goes against everything else EA has said about the game.

Personally I would love to see this game cracked completely and see dozens of private servers spring up, just to stick it to EA over the outrageous price of the game. Judging from their website it looks like it's going to run the same way as Sims3 and have constant expansions that you must pay for. (If you buy the digital deluxe for 80 bucks you get 20 off of your next purchase). So yeah, I sincerely hope that they figure out how to crack the shit outta this game and set up private servers, but looking at ANNO 2070 as an example, I am thinking it is not likely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:48

Is there anyone from Germany? Sorry, but my English is very bad...
I need to talk with someone german. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 17:20

Hey everyone! I just signed up to join this discussion as I have a few questions.

(random: you go G4TW! been your user for quite a while and have never been disappointed by your releases!)

Back on topic. I was planning on buying SimCity once it's released on Steam and has a decent discount on it, but after I asked Ocean on Twitter whether game will be available on Steam, he (quite rudely) just said "Nope." - just that. So no, I'm not even going to bother buying it on Origin when all my games are on Steam.

So, my main question is: how will this cracked game work?

As far as I know, EA said you have to be online constantly in order to play and if your modem crashes, you have 3 minutes to recover or you'll be kicked out.

I don't mind it being a single player cracked game, just us, one region and building - I'd be perfectly fine with that. But game doesn't even have any files on our computers. All important files are stored on EA servers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 17:52

theres a game thats tataly online you have to be online al the time i dont remmber what it was but that got cracked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 21:55

Okay I am by no means an expert but I will try to answer the best I can from info I have taken from various sites and forums that deal with this kind of thing.

First, G4TW rocks the world.

Second, the game will never be on Steam because everything is run from Origins servers and they are not going to give Steam access to their servers or allow Steam to put up servers of their own. It is possible I suppose that Steam might eventually get the game to distribute but it will still run on Origin servers...so yeah Origin servers = never gonna buy that game for myself.

Now another game that had similar protections was ANNO 2070, a lot of the stuff came from the online servers and although it was cracked, it was never the complete game...there was loads of stuff that were never useable in the cracked game.

Of course the "crackers" out there are all kinds of brilliant so it is possible that this game can be cracked and made into an offline single player type game. They have a lot of things to overcome....saved games would need to be changed to save on PC because right now they save on Origins servers....they would need to work around the constant connection to servers needed somehow as well. I am not a cracker myself but from what I have heard and read these are not easily overcome.

Note that these protections are different from Sims 3. With Sims 3 the origin launcher is used for updates and new stuff. Once those things are downloaded you can be disconnected from the internet and play just fine...that is how that game is meant. Simcity is meant to be completely online and so has a bunch of problems that are not in other games. What might happen is that private servers will pop up, similar to WoW...which would probably be the best option.

So to sum up...not going to be playable on Steam although possibly at some point might be able to be purchased from Steam but not likely....a lot of game is stored on Origin servers which you must be connected to in order to play and game was never meant to be single player offline....possibility might exist at some future point to have a cracked offline single player version but I wouldn't count on it any time soon.....G4TW still rocks

my suggestion is....and I have had to force myself to realize this....unless you want to pay the money and play on Origins servers, this game is not for you and likely will not be for quite some time.

Alonees wrote:Hey everyone! I just signed up to join this discussion as I have a few questions.

(random: you go G4TW! been your user for quite a while and have never been disappointed by your releases!)

Back on topic. I was planning on buying SimCity once it's released on Steam and has a decent discount on it, but after I asked Ocean on Twitter whether game will be available on Steam, he (quite rudely) just said "Nope." - just that. So no, I'm not even going to bother buying it on Origin when all my games are on Steam.

So, my main question is: how will this cracked game work?

As far as I know, EA said you have to be online constantly in order to play and if your modem crashes, you have 3 minutes to recover or you'll be kicked out.

I don't mind it being a single player cracked game, just us, one region and building - I'd be perfectly fine with that. But game doesn't even have any files on our computers. All important files are stored on EA servers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:13

I have several friends who have bought it. So far they report insane queues, and crashes 20 minutes into the game. Basically EA screwed the pooch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:21

Ashkevron wrote:Okay I am by no means an expert but I will try to answer the best I can from info I have taken from various sites and forums that deal with this kind of thing.

First, G4TW rocks the world.

Second, the game will never be on Steam because everything is run from Origins servers and they are not going to give Steam access to their servers or allow Steam to put up servers of their own. It is possible I suppose that Steam might eventually get the game to distribute but it will still run on Origin servers...so yeah Origin servers = never gonna buy that game for myself.

Now another game that had similar protections was ANNO 2070, a lot of the stuff came from the online servers and although it was cracked, it was never the complete game...there was loads of stuff that were never useable in the cracked game.

Of course the "crackers" out there are all kinds of brilliant so it is possible that this game can be cracked and made into an offline single player type game. They have a lot of things to overcome....saved games would need to be changed to save on PC because right now they save on Origins servers....they would need to work around the constant connection to servers needed somehow as well. I am not a cracker myself but from what I have heard and read these are not easily overcome.

Note that these protections are different from Sims 3. With Sims 3 the origin launcher is used for updates and new stuff. Once those things are downloaded you can be disconnected from the internet and play just fine...that is how that game is meant. Simcity is meant to be completely online and so has a bunch of problems that are not in other games. What might happen is that private servers will pop up, similar to WoW...which would probably be the best option.

So to sum up...not going to be playable on Steam although possibly at some point might be able to be purchased from Steam but not likely....a lot of game is stored on Origin servers which you must be connected to in order to play and game was never meant to be single player offline....possibility might exist at some future point to have a cracked offline single player version but I wouldn't count on it any time soon.....G4TW still rocks

my suggestion is....and I have had to force myself to realize this....unless you want to pay the money and play on Origins servers, this game is not for you and likely will not be for quite some time.

I don't want to buy games on Origin for several reasons: when I buy them on Steam, there's a high possibility I can redeem them on my Origin account (two games for one!) + more security and better company policy. I had no issues with EA so far, but many, many, many people did and I'd rather not get myself tangled into that mess. As @DoomCookie just said, if servers are not stable now, who knows what would happen further on?

I assumed SimCity wouldn't be available as an offline game (or cracked one to begin with) soon. In past, I played several games on private servers - World Of Warcraft and I think other one was Guild Wars, not sure. It would be nice for community to have some donations-run private servers. Better that than paying $80 to wait in line for 20 minutes just to have the game crash if you lose connection. PWND

I was quite optimistic about SimCity. I think it is indeed a great game, but new team messed it up. Online should have only been forced for those who want mutliplayer, single player as an offline experience. If that were to happen, literally everybody would be pleased. But Maxis took the risk so I guess they'll just have to pay the price and (hopefully) learn from their mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:28

I'm planning on dishing out the 59.99 for the game. While everyone at G4TW is absolutely freakin' awesome, I want to have the complete experience of the game.(Good or Bad)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:35

assigns creed 3 was save online only but that was cracked and able to use all the features so its very possible that this will be cracked in the same way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 16:51

So the games been out for over 24 hours now. Hopefully someone could say whether it is looking possible or not?

Btw, thanks for University Life... Can't d/l it though, currently at 0.2%. There's nearly 3000 peers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 16:55

SimCity 5 always online 4049071320 lists it for release at around midnight, I think. Not sure what they are releasing but it's something Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 16:59

there is a simcity torrent out now just seen it there working on a crack for it using a sever emulator but im still waiting for g4tw to release it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 17:01

Yes, skidrow does say for release at midnight. I trust G4TW though and am more than happy to wait for you guys.

At least it looks kinda possible now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 17:05

The one torrent for Simcity 5 was uploaded ten minutes ago, has 0 seeds and is 9GB in size! Is that right for the size?

Don't worry, I'm not downloading it. I'd never cheat on G4TW O:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 17:27

thats about the right size and that info u got aint of the proper skidrow site

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top