Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SimCity 5 always online

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 Empty SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 23:25

First topic message reminder :

Hi there, sorry if this is in the wrong area but I'm not really a forum user. I am not requesting SimCity, I know it is already on the list but was looking to see if it is actually possible for it to be uploaded.

The new SimCity game states to have put in a lot of effort to prevent piracy, one being the always-online feature and needing an origin account. Do you think you'll be able to get around this? I have been counting the days to March 5th and really hope it can be done.

Thanks

Frosty

Back to top Go down

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 Empty Re: SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 17:25

kidrock2k12 wrote:yes the point proven is your just to lazy to get off your arse get a job and buy the game and try it for your self and your see theres no problems with it

Not that I need to explain myself, but, I'm not buying the game because I don't support DRM, not because I can't afford it or "lazy" or "unemployed", otherwise I would've been all over it because I love city building/simulation/strategy games regardless of bugs/problems etc. I vote with my wallet. Wink

Alonees wrote:Why do you guys tend to believe everything you read online and pushing it as correct if you don't have the game?

I, myself, haven't encountered a single issue so far. Maxis is frequently patching the game so even if there is a bug, it's gone in the matter of hours or the next day.

Personally I don't believe everything I read, I'm a pretty skeptical person, but when there's an abundance of evidence from different sources supporting what's being said then it's hard to argue the point. Not to mention, many of my friends who did give in and buy the game have complained (a lot lol) about bugs and the AI. But I'm not disputing that you haven't experienced any bugs - it's like with Sims 3 (or any other game for that matter) some people do experience bugs and some don't. /shrug Smile

I'm also not saying that Maxis aren't working hard to push out patches, because I know and have seen that they are and even one of their gameplay scripters Guillaume Pierre has updated the community with their efforts to fix the traffic issues.

Anyhoo, I'm posting these links and info cause I thought people would be interested in what's happening - especially since peeps keep asking for updates on when a SimCity crack is going to be released...

Speaking of which, any modders out there wanting to mod simcity might be interested in this link if they haven't already seen it. Very Happy

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 15 Mar 2013, 18:53

kidrock2k12 wrote:im still waiting for g4tw to release it im a big simcity fan but theres no way im buying this 1

kidrock2k12 wrote:well i decided to go buy the game yesterday.... but just buy it i did its well worth the money

Sorry to bring this back up, but this just really bugs me, you originally said that this game wasn't worth any of the money, and you would never buy it, even agreed with someone else that it'd be a waste of anybody's money. Now, you've went out and bought it, and done a complete 180 on your views. It's kind of funny how that happens isn't it? No need to be rude to anybody, especially since they're basically saying the same exact things that you were not too long ago.

Last edited by invalidusername on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 20:37; edited 3 times in total

invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 16:26

invalidusername wrote:Now, you've went out and bought it, and done a complete 360 on your views.

I don't want to nitpick, but I think you mean a 180 :p A 360 is a complete circle, back in the same position you started in. 180 means you changed directions completely Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Mar 2013, 17:39

piratesswoop wrote:
invalidusername wrote:Now, you've went out and bought it, and done a complete 360 on your views.

I don't want to nitpick, but I think you mean a 180 :p A 360 is a complete circle, back in the same position you started in. 180 means you changed directions completely Wink
Lol yeah. I'll fix that. :p thank you
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 18:04

So is SimCity looking possible yet? I said earlier I'd be buying it, but I decided not too, while there's still hope n that xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 07:13

I have recently found a torrent that allows people to play offline. Unfortunately, it is only for people that currently own the game, which I found extremely frustrating. It does not apparently work for unauthorized copies of the game. I don't particularly care for EA and their tendency to charge us an arm and a leg for their flawed yet shiney games and leave us to suffer when we ask for fixes. So, it's not much, but here is the link...

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 4049071320

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 13:50

any news on a crack yet? i'm pondering if I should buy it... but still i feel hindered because I don't know if my pc will run it smoothly, and I only test games when I play them. Now it's impossible for me to buy, because if I can't run it, i'm screwed.

All i all, i've been reading news all over the web, but couldn't find a solid answer, is a crack going to be available soon? And sorry of I sound redundant with so many questions...

-Nuno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 14:22

Game can be played offline (if you own it) by simple code changing (you only have to remove 2 lines of coding) and that's it. Simple as that. Hopefully this pushes Maxis to enable it themselves.

Cracking and private servers.. not so sure about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 16:35

VoID2812 wrote:I have recently found a torrent that allows people to play offline. Unfortunately, it is only for people that currently own the game, which I found extremely frustrating. It does not apparently work for unauthorized copies of the game. I don't particularly care for EA and their tendency to charge us an arm and a leg for their flawed yet shiney games and leave us to suffer when we ask for fixes. So, it's not much, but here is the link...

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 4049071320

Well if they can get an offline mode running, hopefully they can make a crack for us *fingers crossed*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:06

I think the only thing holding up a fully cracked game being put out there is that although the "offline" playing has been fixed...they are still working on saving games on the PC instead of the game servers. Once that is fixed/cracked it should be all over the place for download.

I also think that since they really did crack it so quickly...there will very shortly be some private servers going up so that those who don't want to pay the obscene price for the game can still play with others if they want.

Myself I just want the offline play and save to my pc, I will be very happy with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 20:52

This one is a question for the team:

Any news as to what can we expect?

thx in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 03:38

I think that the cracked version will come with a "fake" server. One that allows the game to be played as if you were on an Origin server. Seeing as you can play locally already and controll all the city's in the region yourself.

I've been watching some Let's play's and i got to say it looks really good. But still uncertain if i should buy it. If i do, it has to be on sale. And maybe in a week or 2 when i know most of the bugs and glitches have been patched/fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:16

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 20:09

Looks a really good game Smile

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 1490881299

Last edited by Pink-Princess on Tue 02 Apr 2013, 20:11; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

Back to top Go down

SimCity 5 always online - Page 4 Empty Idea

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:28

Maybe if somebody found out the ip for the simcity servers, how about doing how some people crack Windows 7: make a service that runs on a ip clone and it acts like a EA server?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 23:51

JohSketch wrote:Maybe if somebody found out the ip for the simcity servers, how about doing how some people crack Windows 7: make a service that runs on a ip clone and it acts like a EA server?

That's different. Microsoft turn a blind eye to piracy when it comes to Windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 16:12

You are missing my point: run a ip clone of a EA server and figure out how the save files are saved/located.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top