Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SimCity 5 always online

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 Empty SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 23:25

First topic message reminder :

Hi there, sorry if this is in the wrong area but I'm not really a forum user. I am not requesting SimCity, I know it is already on the list but was looking to see if it is actually possible for it to be uploaded.

The new SimCity game states to have put in a lot of effort to prevent piracy, one being the always-online feature and needing an origin account. Do you think you'll be able to get around this? I have been counting the days to March 5th and really hope it can be done.

Thanks

Frosty

Back to top Go down

SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 Empty Re: SimCity 5 always online

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 23:36

well the torrents wasent removed because of Ea the torrents was removed because they was all fake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 13:37

I'm giving in Laughing Found a great deal on a European store for SimCity. 20% off, I'd only pay 43 euros (approximately 57 USD). It's a good deal considering it's a Limited Edition. Otherwise wouldn't pay 60 nor 80 $ to get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 19:51

good deal a better deal would be em giving it out free it as so many problems it isent worth anything at the mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 21:38

Encountered NO problems, at all.

Game downloaded quickly, selected an EU server and played instantly. Region play is working properly for me and I'm still getting to know all the features.

Servers are taken down temporarily for upgrades but downtimes are insignificant. Game runs smoothly and I have no downsides to it so far.

My review is a 5/5 because I personally don't mind DRM nor internet requirement.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 10 Mar 2013, 22:06

Alonees wrote:Encountered NO problems, at all.

Game downloaded quickly, selected an EU server and played instantly. Region play is working properly for me and I'm still getting to know all the features.

Servers are taken down temporarily for upgrades but downtimes are insignificant. Game runs smoothly and I have no downsides to it so far.

My review is a 5/5 because I personally don't mind DRM nor internet requirement.

Is having the limited edition worth it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 22:12

im still waiting for g4tw to release it im a big simcity fan but theres no way im buying this 1

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 10 Mar 2013, 22:15

kidrock2k12 wrote:im still waiting for g4tw to release it im a big simcity fan but theres no way im buying this 1
I'm definitely going to end up buying it, I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy it now, or wait a few months until the price drops or it goes on sale.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 22:48

invalidusername wrote:
kidrock2k12 wrote:im still waiting for g4tw
to release it im a big simcity fan but theres no way im buying this
I'm definitely going to end up buying it, I'm just trying
to figure out if it's worth it to buy it now, or wait a few months until
the price drops or it goes on sale.

Oh that's easy: It's not worth it ether way.

Seriously? Everybody says the damn game literally doesn't work and you're like "I'm definitely going to end up buying it"?

It's your problem how you spend your money, but keep in mind one thing: for every dollar you spend on EA's rushed, poorly developed, low budget c*ap you add another day to their company lifespan. Right now EA don't fear bankruptcy, and if you (as in people like you) keep it up like this they never will, and if they'll never fear bankruptcy they'll never invest properly and deliver games that are actually worth buying. Think about it.

Patience is a virtue, I've no doubt that if EA does re-release the game, properly this time, G4TW will be the first to have a working pirate version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 22:55

thats true the only games that seem to work fine from ea are the sims games but there still over priced but still simcity was rushed be best thing ea can do is give it everyone free

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 15:41

invalidusername wrote:

You get some benefits like Dr. VU and Maxisman (or Maximan?). One is criminal, other acts as a police. Maxisman takes down criminals easier and there are tasks connected to them you can solve and earn more simoleons Smile

I mean, for those 40 euros, I'm pretty satisfied. It's 50 USD for Limited Edition. I wish there was a good price for deluxe, though. I really wanted those cities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:10

i aint paying £44 for crap that dont work proper that was rushed out

//EDIT

Alonees wrote:
invalidusername wrote:

Game
downloaded quickly, selected an EU server and played instantly. Region
play is working properly for me and I'm still getting to know all the
features.

Servers are taken down temporarily for upgrades but
downtimes are insignificant. Game runs smoothly and I have no downsides
to it so far.

My review is a 5/5 because I personally don't mind
DRM nor internet requirement.
hi if u got simcity u can add me
if u like my user name is kidrock2k12

You
get some benefits like Dr. VU and Maxisman (or Maximan?). One is
criminal, other acts as a police. Maxisman takes down criminals easier
and there are tasks connected to them you can solve and earn more
simoleons Smile

I
mean, for those 40 euros, I'm pretty satisfied. It's 50 USD for Limited
Edition. I wish there was a good price for deluxe, though. I really
wanted those cities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 23:26

Those that are interested in simcity or those who are thinking of buying it you should probably have a look at the long bug list:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a0taq/compiled_list_of_suggestions_and_bug_reports_to/ &
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a3nf2/to_maxis_devs_heres_a_condensed_list_of_extremely/

The game just seems broken WhatDidUJustCallMe? I think I'll be sticking to SC4 and will be waiting for Cities in Motion 2 instead. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 04:33

There may be hope for a crack/offline version considering what's said in this article! http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/. Yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 09:19

well i decided to go buy the game yesterday since i got it cheep and well gotta say 100/00 but as i was waiting for what everyone else is waiting for this game is uncrackerble each time u click to play it dose a security cheack and everything. and all the servers in the game are EA servers so u gotta somehow get around them first. but just buy it i did its well worth the money

//EDIT

oh and the guy above again i dont know where u got your bug list and
everything from because ummmmm lets see i aint found 1 bug in the game
the only problem people had was there servers or there computers wasent
good enough to run the game. theres no bugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 09:29

Tbh I kinda gave in.

I haven't lost any faith in G4TW (I'm sure they'll do something) but looking at let's plays I really want everything I see. Even though I am a big 'offline mode' supporter I do like the option of playing with others, perhaps purposely exposing them to lots of crime from my city *evil smile*

Anyways, tomorrow when I get paid I'm going straight to origin to get the Limited Edition. They seem to have fixed the servers now right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:09

I built up my city to high density residential and commercial buildings, over 450k simoleons on city account and I've dropped to just +1000 per hour from +9000 I had yesterday Laughing I can't run cities for life. It's hard to maintain it all Sad

Game is not buggy at all. It all works perfectly fine for me, not a single glitch so far and no crashes whatsoever Smile

Game is so good and addictive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 20:49

kidrock2k12 wrote:oh and the guy above again i dont know where u got your bug list and everything from because ummmmm lets see i aint found 1 bug in the game the only problem people had was there servers or there computers wasent good enough to run the game. theres no bugs

Firstly - girl not guy. Secondly, The bug list is from many people, who have played the game kinda like a QA tester would, who have posted on Reddit which Maxis have responded to - I thought that was pretty obvious if you read the contents of the link. Facepalm

Thirdly, you're either incredibly lucky or just oblivious to them, but there are many bugs with the game, which even Maxis admit; you just have to look at the EA answers forum to know that. Additionally, the (mindless) AI/mechanics of the game are ultimately flawed. Not to mention the craziness that are phantom sims, and the pathfinding/traffic & bulldozing mechanics... so please don't say there are no bugs, you just come off looking a little silly.

Now I guess all of this, bugs included, wouldn't be a problem if you just wanted to experience a casual non-sim game, but if you were expecting a proper in-depth simulation that would be worthy of the simcity franchise then, as many people were, you'd be royally p*ssed with the broken and dumbed down version that we got...

Anyhoo on topic, it's looking even more promising now that a cracked version will pop up since a modder has successfully hacked it to be perma offline... ofc this means no regional stuff, but it looks like he was able to go outside the constrains of the borders, so we'd have more room anyways. Very Happy

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 23:20

if a modder had already hacked it it be on torrent sites witch it isent and not everyone as got the bugs in the game the bugs that was there was with the servers witch are all fixed with an update so there computers mu sent be up 2 it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 00:21

Wow, it's like banging your head against a brick wall Facepalm. I don't mean to be rude, but with a reply like that you've really got your head stuck in the sand or up EA's arse.

kidrock2k12 wrote:if a modder had already hacked it it be on torrent sites witch it isent
Once again, if you had read the link about this you would've seen that it HAS been hacked and can be played offline. Seriously, don't take my word for it, google it... the news is all over the place. However just because it's been modded, or people have utilized .package files this does not automatically mean that it would be put up for downloading so I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion lol! One certainly does not equate the other.

kidrock2k12 wrote:not everyone as got the bugs in the game the bugs that was there was with the servers witch are all fixed with an update so there computers mu sent be up 2 it
I agree, not everyone has experienced these issues I've mentioned but that is due to them, for one, not reaching the breaking point. If you get over a certain amount of population the game pretty much implodes. Again, google it for yourself since you obviously aren't reading the sources I linked. However that doesn't change the fact that there are still many other bugs which have absolutely nothing to do with the servers and are to do with the basic mechanics of the game... and especially since, as we've learnt, the servers don't do much at all.

Now I'm glad you're happy with your "working" game, but before you embarrass yourself further maybe you should stop posting, because you obviously don't have a single clue about what you're talking about.

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 00:51

no SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 4049071320 u dont have a clue go buy the game and find out for your self my city is full to busrting had no problems ive friends playing it no problems ive read the crap u put up as i said not everyone is having these problems and 2 just go buy it and find out for your self . and 3 u aint a clue so u stop posting and piss off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 01:04

Facepalm Annnd you've just proven my point... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 04:09

kidrock2k12 wrote:no SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 4049071320 u dont have a clue go buy the game and find out for your self my city is full to busrting had no problems ive friends playing it no problems ive read the crap u put up as i said not everyone is having these problems and 2 just go buy it and find out for your self . and 3 u aint a clue so u stop posting and piss off

first of all learn how to spell.
second aint is not a word.
third there is no need for insults she is just trying to help. SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 09:00

Why do you guys tend to believe everything you read online and pushing it as correct if you don't have the game?

I, myself, haven't encountered a single issue so far. Maxis is frequently patching the game so even if there is a bug, it's gone in the matter of hours or the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 09:17

exkitteh wrote: SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 2279017149 And you've just proven my point... cheers
yes the point proven is your just to lazy to get off your arse get a job and buy the game and try it for your self and your see theres no problems with it

//EDIT

XxSIMSloverxX wrote:
kidrock2k12 wrote:no bitch u dont have a clue
go buy the game and find out for your self my city is full to busrting
had no problems ive friends playing it no problems ive read the crap u
put up as i said not everyone is having these problems and 2 just go
buy it and find out for your self . and 3 u aint a clue so u stop
posting and piss off

first of all learn how to spell.
second
aint is not a word. trying to help by beleaving everything that online .
believing is seeing me and many other prople haveaint had any problems
with the game no bug no nothing, ea are constent patching the game
third there is no need for insults she is just trying to help. SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:17

kidrock2k12 wrote:no SimCity 5 always online - Page 3 4049071320 u dont have a clue go buy the game and find out for your self my city is full to busrting had no problems ive friends playing it no problems ive read the crap u put up as i said not everyone is having these problems and 2 just go buy it and find out for your self . and 3 u aint a clue so u stop posting and piss off
Woah, watch the language over there. There's really no need to express oneself like that.
If you want a discussion, do it in a decent way; that's what a Forum is for.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 17:25

kidrock2k12 wrote:yes the point proven is your just to lazy to get off your arse get a job and buy the game and try it for your self and your see theres no problems with it

Not that I need to explain myself, but, I'm not buying the game because I don't support DRM, not because I can't afford it or "lazy" or "unemployed", otherwise I would've been all over it because I love city building/simulation/strategy games regardless of bugs/problems etc. I vote with my wallet. Wink

Alonees wrote:Why do you guys tend to believe everything you read online and pushing it as correct if you don't have the game?

I, myself, haven't encountered a single issue so far. Maxis is frequently patching the game so even if there is a bug, it's gone in the matter of hours or the next day.

Personally I don't believe everything I read, I'm a pretty skeptical person, but when there's an abundance of evidence from different sources supporting what's being said then it's hard to argue the point. Not to mention, many of my friends who did give in and buy the game have complained (a lot lol) about bugs and the AI. But I'm not disputing that you haven't experienced any bugs - it's like with Sims 3 (or any other game for that matter) some people do experience bugs and some don't. /shrug Smile

I'm also not saying that Maxis aren't working hard to push out patches, because I know and have seen that they are and even one of their gameplay scripters Guillaume Pierre has updated the community with their efforts to fix the traffic issues.

Anyhoo, I'm posting these links and info cause I thought people would be interested in what's happening - especially since peeps keep asking for updates on when a SimCity crack is going to be released...

Speaking of which, any modders out there wanting to mod simcity might be interested in this link if they haven't already seen it. Very Happy

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 15 Mar 2013, 18:53

kidrock2k12 wrote:im still waiting for g4tw to release it im a big simcity fan but theres no way im buying this 1

kidrock2k12 wrote:well i decided to go buy the game yesterday.... but just buy it i did its well worth the money

Sorry to bring this back up, but this just really bugs me, you originally said that this game wasn't worth any of the money, and you would never buy it, even agreed with someone else that it'd be a waste of anybody's money. Now, you've went out and bought it, and done a complete 180 on your views. It's kind of funny how that happens isn't it? No need to be rude to anybody, especially since they're basically saying the same exact things that you were not too long ago.

Last edited by invalidusername on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 20:37; edited 3 times in total
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top