Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly Empty High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 03:43

I followed your steps in the "how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly" post, installing Sims 3 and Master Suite Stuff. The game launched and i was able to play it fine with no problems. I then downloaded / installed Diesel Stuff. It worked fine as well. I then downloaded High End Loft Stuff. However, when i launch Sims 3, the Diesel Stuff splash screen still shows, and the new items for High End Loft Stuff are not in my game. This is very frustrating. I like Sims, but my wife likes it even better. She had a stroke and spends a lot of time playing games on Facebook, but she gets annoyed with the server-sided games there (maintenance, etc). So i wanted to get this working (with all of the expansions) so she can enjoy life a little more. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!!

Back to top Go down

High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly Empty Re: High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly

Post by invalidusername Fri 08 Feb 2013, 03:55

The diesel stuff loading screen would show, since it's the most recently released game that you have installed. Are you sure that the HElS items aren't in your game? If you're unsure, one way to check if it installed properly is to open your launcher, find the HELS icon on the bottom (It's a green one) and see if it's highlighted, either just by looking, or by hovering over to see if it has a game version.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly Empty Re: High End Loft Stuff Did Not Install Properly

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 04:20

Thank you for your quick response. The HELS icon IS at the bottom of the launch screen. All of the EPs that i have installed (Master Suite, Diesel Stuff and HELS) are all highlighted - as well as the Sims 3 base game. I will go ahead and launch again and see if the items from HELS are there. When i installed HELS, the installation guide said that after the EP is installed you will need to launch Sims 3 and do the update before copying / pasting the .exe and .dll files into the Sims 3 base folder. However, there was no update when the launch page came up. I will go back into the game and check on those items. Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 22:42

Hello,

The installation guides that come with the downloads have become obsolete, so please follow these up-to-date instructions at all time: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Thank you and good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top