Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patching to the most recent patch not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patching to the most recent patch not working Empty Patching to the most recent patch not working

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 23:34

I have been trying to update to 1.48 for the past two weeks and I am constantly getting the same error. It goes through the whole process of installing the update, downloading it from origin and then doing the update with the launcher. As soon as it gets to the end of the update it stops working and says something along the lines of 'invalid file found' Any clue how I can fix this? Also when I do update does that mean I have to replace certain files, since I've downloaded expansion packs from this site?

Back to top Go down

Patching to the most recent patch not working Empty Re: Patching to the most recent patch not working

Post by invalidusername Fri 15 Feb 2013, 06:02

Using the manual patch completely bypasses the need to update using the launcher. If you would like to update using origin and the launcher, however, you can use the ultimate fix. The following link has instructions to follow, and links to both of the above mentioned fixes to your problem. Smile
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top