Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do sims naturally have height differences???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Empty Do sims naturally have height differences???

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 23:33

This has been bugging me. I was making a new sim today and I noticed their height would change every time I would randomize them. It really really noticeable. Like one was short, hobbit sized, then another one was amazon tall. This goes for both male and female.
I also compared them to previous sims I made and I noticed the height differences. I always thought sims to be all the same height, and I don't have any height sliders installed. I don't know how resize them as I am really happy with the sim I made, I just wish she wasn't like amazon tall. And I have a male sim that I want to be taller. I don't want to have to start all over again just so I could get them to be in the right height. What gives? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Empty Re: Do sims naturally have height differences???

Post by invalidusername Sat 16 Feb 2013, 00:14

I've never noticed anything like that, even when my sims wear heels vs bare feet.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Empty Re: Do sims naturally have height differences???

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:28

Hello,

As far as I know, all sims are the same height and there are cheats/mods to change that, but they aren't different in height in a vanilla game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:26

Yes, as far as I know too, they are all the same height. So I got surprised when I noticed the height differences. I have some body and face sliders but none that alters the height.

Um, what's a vanilla game? Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:56

A vanilla game is one without mods or custom content. You must have something that is causing like that that is causing the height differences; in the basic (vanilla) game there is no height differences in the same age group. EA is hinting that there will be height sliders in Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 16 Feb 2013, 19:04

Do you have any pre-made sims you downloaded and installed in your game?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:40

invalidusername wrote:Do you have any pre-made sims you downloaded and installed in your game?

Yes I have a few. 2 of them were installed as .sims3packs and 2 as .sim files. The .sim files didn't come with any CC... The .sims3packs came with CC though. But I can't tell now which one because I installed them a few months ago. And I do have facial and body sliders. None of them won't let me do anything about the height. Maybe the sliders cause the animation to change? Make them taller? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 01:47

I have a couple of photos here from CAS that show them.

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Screen10

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Screen12

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Screen13

Do sims naturally have height differences??? Screen14

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Feb 2013, 03:07

That's strange. I'm going to guess it may be a slider that got downloaded with one of your sims. Did you check all of your slider menus to make sure that there wasn't a height slider? If you don't find it, it may have been downloaded & installed, but you may have too many sliders, and it may have become hidden.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:42

I already checked my sliders in My Mods folder, definitely nothing saying "Height" or "Height slider". So it's not something that I intentionally put in there. Maybe it came with a downloaded sim or from all the CC I have, it's hard to pinpoint.
The thing is the clothes don't get distorted. They fit perfectly if the sim is either taller or smaller. If the mods were distorting the animations then the clothes should not fit properly too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top